Summer transfer thread | Page 244 | Vital Football

Summer transfer thread

What exactly was his role here, OKD?

We all know what his job title was but what we don't know is how effective he was in that role.

Without knowing all the facts, I'm not sure I see any reason to be vilifying the club or hierarchy for his departure.

Last edited:
We all know what his job title was but what we don't know is how effective he was in that role.

Without knowing all the facts, I'm not sure I see any reason to be vilifying the club or hierarchy for his departure.

He was the 'sporting Director' here, which appears to be a role that primarily focuses on recruitment... you could argue that he's done ok since his arrival.

The role at WBA is sporting & technical director - I suppose the roles are broadly similar?... but, from what I'd heard, he will have more authority/seniority at WBA.

There was a rumour a while ago, that he was unhappy at the connection with Mendes and the apparent shift in recruitment strategy at NFFC - but, I can't add any more than that.

its still a concern, just the fact he fancies his chances more there than here. Or we put it down t personality clash. Mind you I have questioned who is making the signings once or twice

Well that's super relevant. Thanks for your contribution.

Of course it's relevant.

How on earth is one summer of spending relevant when we are talking about a club that has spent the last few years with access to nearly £100m a year to build their existing squad with?

They spent £53m last season and £37m the season before that and £43m the season before that.

That is the kind of spending their existing squad is based on. We were spending fuck all while they were spending that kind of money.

So yes, when comparing spending I do think the 3 year spend is more relevant

Of course it's relevant.

How on earth is one summer of spending relevant when we are talking about a club that has spent the last few years with access to nearly £100m a year to build their existing squad with?

They spent £53m last season and £37m the season before that and £43m the season before that.

That is the kind of spending their existing squad is based on. We were spending fuck all while they were spending that kind of money.

So yes, when comparing spending I do think the 3 year spend is more relevant

Do you really? I don't think even you believe that.

Why on earth would past spending be relevant compared to actual and future?!?!

Christ CP you’re such a rectal twat you don’t even concede. Wobble head: acknowledge popey debates better, put lonely, tiny penis away and for the love of god sake. You post some good sake xx

I was going to do one but I didnt want the usual suspect putting up a poll asking who they wanted to go with for future freds (pmsl)

The small pseud c8nt