Racial Abuse Akinde | Page 3 | Vital Football

Racial Abuse Akinde

I have to say racism is the epitome of low and brainless.

Unfortunately it goes both ways though I have been on the receiving end. I was working in a largely ethnic minority area when I was told in no uncertain terms by three rather large lads that white trash like me should get out before I got seriously hurt as I wasn't welcome! That was when I went into a shop to buy a drink (not by the shop keeper I hasten to add). To be threatened or abused because of the colour of your skin is frankly sickening on any level!

I love cooking Indian food and always buy my spices etc. from Indian and Pakistani shops in the Gladstone area of Peterborough, indeed, I was there on Friday to replenish my stocks. I remember a few years ago, as I came out of a shop run by a very nice Indian family, whose daughter I actually taught French to in the late 90s, an oldish white woman shouted at me from across the road calling me a 'white trash Pakistani (she used the diminutive form) lover' for having gone into their shop! When I enquired as to why she should say such an appalling thing, she gave me a tirade of abuse that, quite frankly, shocked me. I told her that no matter what she said or thought, I would continue to support this particular shop and that she was a nasty old bigot! More abuse followed...

We should probably ask Aryanimp - sorry, Norfolkimp - about all this. I'm sure he has a very interesting perspective.

I used to be called an "n**** lover" back in the eighties at school and through to the nineties (not my friends of course.)

And they were right because I married one.

The racism you get at matches in South Wales (well, in this particular town anyway) is mainly directed towards the English rather than on a matter of colour.

For example, chants of 'You dirty English bastard'

Instead of 'You dirty, dirty bastard' as you might get anywhere else.

Referees and linesmen, being English as they are for Southern League matches also get their nationality mentioned in any comments.

I love cooking Indian food and always buy my spices etc. from Indian and Pakistani shops in the Gladstone area of Peterborough, indeed, I was there on Friday to replenish my stocks. I remember a few years ago, as I came out of a shop run by a very nice Indian family, whose daughter I actually taught French to in the late 90s, an oldish white woman shouted at me from across the road calling me a 'white trash Pakistani (she used the diminutive form) lover' for having gone into their shop! When I enquired as to why she should say such an appalling thing, she gave me a tirade of abuse that, quite frankly, shocked me. I told her that no matter what she said or thought, I would continue to support this particular shop and that she was a nasty old bigot! More abuse followed...

was her name Thatcher?

racism endemic in society and prevalent in football grounds across uk

don`t let it pass when you hear it...confront it where possible.

I agree that it's endemic at various levels. Confronting it is great but it unlikely to change attitudes. As a society we really need to get to the root cause and deconstruct the reasons it exists.

b-----, greatest media scaremongering non event ever created since the millenium bomb
.year.2000 which was going to cripple economic activity.
zzzzzzz......zzzzzz
can`t stop ........off to stockpile some cans of minestrone and pot noodles!!!!!!!

b-----, greatest media scaremongering non event ever created since the millenium bomb
.year.2000 which was going to cripple economic activity.
zzzzzzz......zzzzzz
can`t stop ........off to stockpile some cans of minestrone and pot noodles!!!!!!!

Those of us in IT had a very clear plan of action to fix the millenium bug, and fortunately, in the main, it worked.

I'm not sure Brexit is being so competently handled.

Those of us in IT had a very clear plan of action to fix the millenium bug, and fortunately, in the main, it worked.

My Japanese boss went round every CNC machine in our factory (around 300 at a guess) and put a sticker on each. The sticker read something like "Year 2000 compliant". We never had a jot of bother, simples!
I'm hoping Brexit doesn't get rid of him and my job.

I had a very clear plan of action to fix the millenium bug too. I didn't do a damned thing.

And that worked, totally, completely. As it did for everyone who also didn't do a damned thing - which was around 90% of the business community and 100% of private individuals.

I'm glad if you made a few quid off that scam, though.

My Japanese boss went round every CNC machine in our factory (around 300 at a guess) and put a sticker on each. The sticker read something like "Year 2000 compliant". We never had a jot of bother, simples!
I'm hoping Brexit doesn't get rid of him and my job.

no chance of that buddy, business as usual despite the media and press scare mongering attempting to call it otherwise.
booked my seat at BEACHY HEAD TO WATCH THE LEMMINGS JUMP ON BRE---- DAY.
look at the economic fundamentals the euro zone is mainly a crisis centre carrying ave 20% youth unemployment,france greece. portugal spain,italy.......facts.
https://www.statista.com/statistics/266228/youth-unemployment-rate-in-eu-countries/
ECB loaded out enormous sovereign debt onto many european countries,spain ,italy greece,eire,portugal...greece 300 billioneuros....a lot of kebabs.
the euro, a system designed to fail
the end

Last edited:
Funny how a thread about racism segued into brexit.

I had a very clear plan of action to fix the millenium bug too. I didn't do a damned thing.

And that worked, totally, completely. As it did for everyone who also didn't do a damned thing - which was around 90% of the business community and 100% of private individuals.

I'm glad if you made a few quid off that scam, though.

Sorry but that simply isn't true. I'd be interested how you calculated thise percentages!