Racial Abuse Akinde | Vital Football

Racial Abuse Akinde

JT_LCFC

Vital Football Hero
Unfortunately it is alleged after seeing comments on social media and hearing comments Akinde has been subject to monkey gestures after his goal by a moron in the lower John Smith stand.

Let’s hope Grimsby Town will fully investigate this and identify the perpetrator.

Yeah seen this mentioned on Twitter, to think they call us backwards and inbred.

They do know its 2018 not 1948?
Totally and utterly unacceptable and I hope they find him and throw the book at him,scum!

Identifying them won't be a problem with CCTV watching the entire crowd (and it isn't like it's 90,000 inside Blunders park).
Let's hope, assuming it is genuine, that the club do take proper action- if anyone actually saw it and complained to the police, it's a criminal offence these days.

From what I've seen on Twitter said person was clearly identifiable by the imps fans behind the goal so it shouldn't be too hard to get the piece of scum.

Are there really still people walking the planet who think this is (i) 'funny' and (ii) in any way acceptable???

If this is substantiated, I await some news from the Mariners that the lowlife in question has been identifed and banned at the very least. :mad::mad:

I fully concur with this post, Hither. Well said!

Well given the level of intelligence of the Codhead posting on here tonight it’s hardly a surprise is it?

I will be honest i was in the middle of the away end and didnt see it.Is this something reported on banter or spotted by people here? Deplorable if true.

There was a point where the pond life were having a go at him in the second half, but no idea of content.
Similarly, there was some anger directed at Bossie. Jesus was just laughing at them. Don't think even he could cure all the ailments in that part of the world!

If true reprehensible - the person should be called out and made an example of - saw Akinde looking over to the lower tier of their supporters later in the second half and wondered then whether or not their had been some inappropriate behaviour.

Can’t believe it still goes on in this day and age. Surely even the Cleethopes mob wouldn’t find it acceptable?

Is this actually a thing? Or is it just another example of that bastion of truth and integrity, Twitter?

Did I imagine that some small group of visiting fans, claiming to be expert lip-readers accused Matt Rhead of racism last season without a shred of evidence?

We probably have our on select few that still spout similar drivel.
It will never go away, sad to say.

There are idiots and scum everywhere, I couldn't quite catch the words but there was chanting yesterday about the Grimsby manager.

I'm guessing that someone in the vicinity will have witnessed this if it happened. If so they are just as responsible if they haven't acted on it by reporting the individual.

You may be right but I have to say I haven't witnessed any racial chanting or gestures from imps fans in absolutely years, indeed struggling to remember the last time I saw anything like this from any sets of fans. You'll never change the way a man feels about racism but those thoughts have to stay private, it's not in anyway acceptable these days for public displays of it, let's not water it down, find him and deal with him.