Summer 2018 Transfers | Page 56 | Vital Football

Summer 2018 Transfers

Farke stating how totally happy he is with his goalkeepers (Kalamity Krul and McFlap) . This is the same manager who stated almost exactly a year ago how totally happy he was with his strikers ( Useless Jerome and Olivera). Mmmmmmmm.

DF says a load of kak about how good McGovern is and how every player would be happy if he was number 1 - not Matthews though.

DF also then says he doesn't care about if McGovern was poor or made mistakes in the past it is about now and he has been brilliant since he arrived. It isn't about the past. He says McGovern is solid and is trustworthy but like Remi he wasn't going to judge on their past. He says Matthews has been here around the senior side for last five years and hasn't taken the number 1 shirt and maybe that shows he just wasn't going to get the position. So not about the past for one but it is for the other? He goes on about how good McGovern is, a pro, in 1st out last, good in the dressing room and never let him down when played and says he could be the number 1 but has him on the bench all season and will never play yet says about Matthews he is a good gk but isn't a youngster and he has to move to play games as not fair to have him on the bench? So I am confused McGovern a good gk but only for the bench and is older than Matthews but not moving him on??

DF says he would love to buy a Pickford or Neuer or that standard but can't so has to go with Krul.....nice so we want good gks but can't afford or attract that type so let's go for freebie lower standard Krul I bet that makes Tim feel really good.

He says last season we went with Gunn an untested and untried GK after going on about how great McGovern is and how he could be the number 1. The he goes on about how they felt they needed a new GK this season and he became number one. He says McGovern was good in preseason but we needed another GK and McGovern has been great as he supported him. He says how good he is as a person.

So DF licking ass but then saying he just isn't good enough so we got a young GK who had never played a 1st team game and played every league game and this season McGovern still a good gk but you're not good enough so you're number two to a gk who has played about 3 games in 2 years and isn't on top form.....Michael, basically we couldn't sell or loan you as no one rates you, you're just here to make up the numbers and be there to support the guys....oh and we won't offer you a new deal in the summer....cheers.

He takes up another of the spots in the matchday squad that a foreign player could have.

Any of you remember Ignasi Miquel? We got him from Arsenal for £1.5 million and placed him in the u23s. He played 2 games (in the cup I think) and we released him as we deemed him not good enough for us. Well he has just signed for Spanish la liga club Getafe from Malaga for around £6 million and he is one of the highest thought of young defenders in the league. You just never know.

Do Stoke have a lot of money as they have kept most of their side. The wage bill must be massive! Unless of course, they were smart enough to have relegation wage drops. Allen, Crouch, Butland, Shawcross, Afobe etc

Stoke are part of the Bet365 group and have wealthy backers in the Coates family.

Farke stating how totally happy he is with his goalkeepers (Kalamity Krul and McFlap) . This is the same manager who stated almost exactly a year ago how totally happy he was with his strikers ( Useless Jerome and Olivera). Mmmmmmmm.

I don't expect any manager /coach to publicly criticise a player they are trying to offload

:eek!:

Any of you remember Ignasi Miquel? We got him from Arsenal for £1.5 million and placed him in the u23s. He played 2 games (in the cup I think) and we released him as we deemed him not good enough for us. Well he has just signed for Spanish la liga club Getafe from Malaga for around £6 million and he is one of the highest thought of young defenders in the league. You just never know.

Who offloaded him?

DF saying he is happy with the squad and no need to improve it. I still think we need something else. Obviously Oli got no interest if so DF needs to reintroduce him. He seems to say some stuff about having 8 forward would be hard to work with? we have 3:

'In general I am totally pleased with the squad. You are always looking out to add some quality and if there is an real unbelievable chance to sign a loan player I wouldn’t deny it. But we also need to give our players some trust.' (no trust for Matthews though)

'It is not like you can work with eight strikers and seven sit on the bench. Especially strikers, they need to get into a rhythm and to be on the pitch for their self-confidence.' (What about Oli his confidence must be completely gone).

'In the last three games we have scored eight goals. We are heading in the right direction. I am totally pleased with the work of Dennis (Srbeny), Teemu (Pukki) and Jordan (Rhodes). I am pleased with Jordan that he scored his first goal and he is always there with the right movements in the penalty box.'

Again mentions that we don't have that great player but good team spirit which is good but it still seems like the players heads drop when a goal goes in:

'We have the feeling we have more depth. We need to prove it on each and every game day, in comparison to our opponent. Perhaps we are not the club with outstanding, shining stars, but we are a pretty tight squad. We need each and every player and we are there with a togetherness. I have said this before it is not about whether you get 90 minutes or 90 seconds. You must try to use everything not for yourself but for the squad. It is good you feel the players who come in from the bench have this momentum.

He also says he is going back to the defensive side we were last season. If true then the good stuff of scoring goals will probably stop, we will become more boring and go back to the scoring no more than 1 goal.

'It is now more about moving back towards our solid defensive behavior we had before, to lose the first home game and concede four is always disappointing for a coach. Particularly after a game like that. I can’t accuse my lads too much, especially the first half was one of the best performances since I was in charge at Carrow Road.'

Just a question to you guys. How is it that Villa were is a financial mess but were able to hold onto Grealish even when offers of around 20 million came in (apparently) and now he is about to sign a new deal?

We weren't in a mess like Villa but had to sell Maddison. Is it more that Maddison wanted to go and Grealish was happy to stay or was it that Villa knew a new owner was on the way so could hold out? Or was it that we just wanted to money asap?

If you have zero ambition then you do sell your best players just like we did . If you have ambition then you do all you can to hold on to good players .

I personally reckon our owners are already hoping they can sell Hernandez for a big fat sum next summer so they can hold on to their little toy and keep it solvent to hand over to Nepotism Tom

I guess that Villa must’ve been in talks over the new ownership behind the scenes. I imagine that buying a football club is not a quick undertaking and that a certain amount of investigation from the prospective new owners needs to be done. These new owners have thrown money at it though. I think they’re Egyptian. Will they pass the due diligence stuff? I doubt that Dr Xia cared and needed to just take the first offer that came in.