EU strategy to destroy the Chequers ‘agreement’... | Page 48 | Vital Football

EU strategy to destroy the Chequers ‘agreement’...

Good news at last.
At least we won't have Irish trucks clogging up our roads and paying nothing for the privilege.
https://www.politico.eu/article/brexit-french-ireland-ports-cut-out-of-eu-trade-route-after-brexit/

And now the bad news.
As I've stated many times. The awful consequence of Wayne's much loved free movement of people
https://www.politico.eu/article/int...migration-feels-the-countrys-emigration-pain/
I am sure that all the road services that have the Irish lorry drivers as customers will be chuffed with the loss of business

How I can read the same articles as Shotshy (those he has just posted) and come to diametrically opposed view to his conclusions, I find worrying.

Mehmet's sounding angry , with Alderman and Trashbat in a close battle for second place.
Rotherhithe is worried...
What will Wayne be ?

What will become of you poor souls ?

Maybe we should have a prediction league for the remoaners ???

So what are you saying? Stay in the EU and have no blockage at the Dartford Tunnel??

I don't understand, please explain.

Shotshy:
You said - ‘it's a two way street. 30%of the staff at the EMA in London have already left because they won't relocate to Amsterdam. They are expecting 50% to remain in the UK so they badly struggling. The UK is setting up it's own equivalent’.

Do you know about this subject or is it something you read? Looks like its from a source that knows nothing about the subject.

Exactly which regulations do you think we will create or change? The world uses either the ema or us fda rules, processes and procedures. Anything we export will have to meet those standards so its a rediculous and costly move to go back to LMF and uk orange book rules as we could not remove anything.

We could however research, trial and manufacture to a lower safety standard for sale to uk citizens and we could also import from a lower standard lower safety standards again).

As I say its a political not a sensible or practicle move. Everything we do as part of brexit should be used to improve processes or benefit the uk not just do things because of dogma.

We were making money from having the ema in canary wharf, thats why there was a bunfight to secure it in others countries. Think you will find that many of the staff at the ema are contractors nowadays and there is no problem staffing overseas.

Shotshy:
You said - ‘it's a two way street. 30%of the staff at the EMA in London have already left because they won't relocate to Amsterdam. They are expecting 50% to remain in the UK so they badly struggling. The UK is setting up it's own equivalent’.

Do you know about this subject or is it something you read? Looks like its from a source that knows nothing about the subject.

Exactly which regulations do you think we will create or change? The world uses either the ema or us fda rules, processes and procedures. Anything we export will have to meet those standards so its a rediculous and costly move to go back to LMF and uk orange book rules as we could not remove anything.

We could however research, trial and manufacture to a lower safety standard for sale to uk citizens and we could also import from a lower standard lower safety standards again).

As I say its a political not a sensible or practicle move. Everything we do as part of brexit should be used to improve processes or benefit the uk not just do things because of dogma.

We were making money from having the ema in canary wharf, thats why there was a bunfight to secure it in others countries. Think you will find that many of the staff at the ema are contractors nowadays and there is no problem staffing overseas.

I didn't read it anywhere Jerryattrick.
I was part of a discussion on the Finance Channel Bloomberg.
It was part of an article on the fact that the predicted mass migration of workers in the financial sector and others has not come to realisation, mainly because the vast majority of the staff, including EU citizens have no desire to leave London.
Some jobs will be relocated, but not with the same staff, it appears.
They said that the City is still creating thousands of jobs every month and show little sign of slow down.
Maybe an inconvenient fact ?

Yeah, I read Shotshy's earlier post to be about jobs rather than medical standards.

The EMA have decided to relocate to Amsterdam but the refusal of so many staff to follow them will clearly cause them staffing issues.

It is convenient for Jerry to say that those issues wont exist but, if he is right, that is a worrying safety issue for them as he is indicating that it is not a skilled job, nobody needs training and any outside contractor can contribute.

We might well carry on using EMA rules, processes and procedures or our standards may even be higher than that, not lower, but it will be for us to negotiate with the companies we export to. They will be free to tell us and we will meet their need without the interference of a "higher power".

To be fair, the EMA had no choice but to relocate.
You cannot have the EMA in a third country.
My point is that we are a strong enough country to do our own thing when necessary.

To be fair, the EMA had no choice but to relocate.
You cannot have the EMA in a third country.
My point is that we are a strong enough country to do our own thing when necessary.
What is our own thing? New standards? New drugs that can cost a fortune to develop and will rely on exports to survive but what standards apply? How much raw material will we have to import that could make even ordinary drugs more expensive. The fact that major pharma companies and the NHS are stockpiling must tell you something about uncertainty over Brexit in terms of future drugs supply, Any shortage would be unconscionable.

Last edited:
Let's hope they are stockpiling a load of drugs that can counter bullshit.

Many business supply chains run with Just In Time (JIT). Stockpiling inventory is expensive. There are the physical warehousing costs (including space, security, refrigeration etc), the costs of obscelecense (if too much is stockpiled and cannot be sold), costs of potentially changing production lines, transportation costs between warehouses...

It’s not a decision that business takes lightly. These stockpiling decisions are major multi-million pound projects.

Politicians, the press and people of a fans forum will have a tendency to sensationalise and exaggerate, but CEOs are only doing what the market expects of them: to mitigate real risks that the business faces.

It’s not bullshit that firms are stockpiling.
It’s not bullshit that the government is stockpiling.
It’s not bullshit that there is a risk of supply chain disruption.

The dark reality of Brexit is dawning and I’m hopeful that politicians will start to act with their own consciences rather than following the whips. If they do, then we’ll have a softer Brexit to mitigate these risks, a postponement of A50, or a 2nd referendum.

Unfortunately for business though, their contingency plans will already be executed and they would already have made massive investments for stockpiling.

As I mentioned previously, on the matter of stockpiling foodstuffs there is very little spare cold storage capacity in the UK. It will take time to either build more capacity or grow our own crops, ie those imports that can be grown here.

Last edited:
As an example of what happens when checks are introduced, try the Channel Tunnel. Most of the delays this summer have been caused by UK Border Agency exit checks. If you've travelled regularly you will know that the French have used spot checks in the past with most vehicles waved through. There have been no UK Border Agency leaving checks. When you make a booking, you now need to provide passport details for al those travelling. When you move towards the boarding area, all passports are checked by UK Border Agency staff and then additionally by the Gendarmes. Result has been major delays. The checks coming back remain unchanged. I don't actually have a problem with additional passport checks as it will debunk some of the rubbish about immigrants lost in the system without knowing exactly how many have left. This will close one of our self inflicted loopholes.

It’s not bullshit that firms are stockpiling.
It’s not bullshit that the government is stockpiling.
It’s not bullshit that there is a risk of supply chain disruption.
So which firms are actually stockpiling (not merely issuing press releases that they might.)
What things are they stockpiling ?

More importantly "why" are they stockpiling ?

Which Regulation has the Govt said it will introduce that will cause "supply chain disruption" into the UK ?

Assuming you can quote a Regulation.....
...Which products are planned to be "disrupted" .

What is our own thing? New standards? New drugs that can cost a fortune to develop and will rely on exports to survive but what standards apply? How much raw material will we have to import that could make even ordinary drugs more expensive..

Do you have any evidence that we currently import a lot of the raw materials from the EU and they do not import any from us?

I find it hard to believe that with drugs giants on these shores the size of Glaxo, that no domestic companies either grow or manufacture the materials that comprise their drugs.

Stockpiling in the short term makes sense so they can cover a small time period caused my initial customs delays if there is no deal. Once everything is clear and the extent of the delays are known, they will adapt.

As I mentioned previously, on the matter of stockpiling foodstuffs there is very little spare cold storage capacity in the UK. It will take time to either build more capacity or grow our own crops, ie those imports that can be grown here.

As stated before, at worst imports will suffer some delay and may be a bit more expensive (in the case of no deal). They wont stop. Companies are a lot more mature and pragmatic than governments or economic unions.

Hopefully, we will eventually become more self sufficient though, which I can only see as a good thing.

The dark reality of Brexit is dawning and I’m hopeful that politicians will start to act with their own consciences rather than following the whips. If they do, then we’ll have a softer Brexit to mitigate these risks, a postponement of A50, or a 2nd referendum.

Are you including EU politicians in that statement?

So which firms are actually stockpiling (not merely issuing press releases that they might.)
What things are they stockpiling ?

More importantly "why" are they stockpiling ?

Which Regulation has the Govt said it will introduce that will cause "supply chain disruption" into the UK ?

Assuming you can quote a Regulation.....
...Which products are planned to be "disrupted" .

The reason for stockpiling is that the majority of supply chains across Europe work on a just in time basis, made possible by the customs union. Kieran the van driver has got a bit of fame lately explaining how it works, and how it wont. I'd recommend you google him, or click the link below to see what will happen from a first hand source.

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/present...n-driver-being-put-out-of-business-by-brexit/

Wrt to which regulation the govt will introduce etc - it's not that, it's that 40+ years of legislation and trade deals will suddenly vanish and we will not be able to transport things without any friction anymore.

The reason this wont affect Europe as badly as us, is that their trade agreements will continue with the other countries in the world and the EU, meaning that they can shift suppliers. The UK on the other hand will be in a fucking state of our own making due to mass ignorance/denial of what a no deal brexit will actually look like.