The Aston Villa Kit Thread 2018 - Luke Roper Shirt | Page 4 | Vital Football

The Aston Villa Kit Thread 2018 - Luke Roper Shirt

What I would say about shirt style and colour is that in the modern world, merchandise is about generating revenue through sales. If the design and quality do not appeal, you ain't gonna sell many.

I personally have a "thing" about the shade of claret and blue being traditionally correct. A bit anally retentive but hey, we've all got our cross to bear.

What I would say about shirt style and colour is that in the modern world, merchandise is about generating revenue through sales. If the design and quality do not appeal, you ain't gonna sell many.

I personally have a "thing" about the shade of claret and blue being traditionally correct. A bit anally retentive but hey, we've all got our cross to bear.

You would certainly have to question the mental state of anyone who chose to purchase this particular training merchandise.

It reminds me of 1969/70 in some ways.
Got to be honest, I don’t like it not having blue sleeves.

White one is fairly plain and ok.
The other one I don’t like, it needs blue sleeves. This looks like one from 1969/70 era.

White one is ok. But I don’t like our home kit to not have blue sleeves , I still have a shirt from the 1969-70/71 ish era with red sleeves and the only reason I keep it is it was Sir Brian’s training shirt( they made things last in those days )

Sorry Melon. I do tbh.

I accept football has no guarentees, i accept we will lose, I accept heroes will leave. I even accept that at some point, we may not play at Villa Park.

However, I demand 2 things from my football club, just two things

1. We are called Aston Villa

2. We play in Claret Shirt, Blue Sleeve.

Can you imagine if Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal , Spurs, or any Euro club worthy of note dossed around with their home kit.

I am flummexed on how a supposedly Aston Villa fan can even contemplate changing it.

Total disgrace in my eyes. Financial worries are worrying but things like that happen in life.

Disregarding your history shouldnt !!!.

Seems to have gone down well extraordinarily well on social media, so that is good, because we have enough anger and upset at the moment.

I am a blue sleeves man personally.

Im actually a massive fan of them. As soon as I saw them I knew people wouldnt be happy about the lack of blue sleeves though.

Its basically a modern update of the 1983 kit

Attachments

• s-l300.jpg
    s-l300.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 1
1969-1970
1983-1987
2001- 2002

All had claret sleeves although there may have been alternatives.

We very rarely have claret sleeves (7 seasons i think) but haven't we been relegated twice with kits having claret sleeves?

1969-1970 and 1986-1987

Why would any Villa fan resurrect a relegation kit?