The Aston Villa Kit Thread 2018 - Luke Roper Shirt | Page 2 | Vital Football

The Aston Villa Kit Thread 2018 - Luke Roper Shirt

I'll start by saying that its not the kit that matters, its the PLAYERS ON THE PITCH. HOWEVER, this monstrosity that was served to my eyes yesterday is nothing short of utter crap. My biggest gripe is that all this shitty modern day kit is not only cheap quality, its also far too pricey. I digress. Given the Mickey Mouse state of the club at present with the people at the helm behind the scenes (Organ & Co) I am not one bit surprised by this. I like Luke1977, I like to wear it casually, on a night out, maybe toking a fine cigar with a Remy Martin Louis XIII Cognac in my local Gentlemans Club..........but that it where it should stay. Haute couture should never cross the line into sport. It just looks ridiculous. Take a leaf out of Derby's book, their Umbro kit looks quality. Simple retro turned post modern. If this is the training kit then I can't wait to see what the kit looks like :yes:

Excuse my ignorance but how does a niche designer manufacture 50k shirts in a few months?

It must take a fair bit of organisation for a huge company like Nike let alone venturing into the unknown.

I’m not against the move I just hope the quality is good, and not a fancy design put on a poor quality garment off the shelf.

the Luke77 brand has designed the kit, they will be manafuctured by Fanatics who also run our shop now we've lazily outsourced everything.

http://www.fanatics.co.uk/stores/fanatics/en

Not sure I really get the negativity on this. They are a training kit to be worn in errrrr...,training. So unless you spend a weird amount of time at BH you won't see them.

What is wrong with them?. When we have had a bright yellow away kit or a green,black , red away kit is this really that bad?. I'm more worried about other things going on to be honest.

I think the negativity against is just a result of the general anger against those that run the club. And for that I cannot blame anyone. Although it's really not that bad.m

Usually sold to fans to wear as well I think?

It’s rank.

Training kit or not, that turquoise is revolting.

3/10 from me.

Hoping the playing kits are better. May not matter to some but I remember virtually every kit we’ve worn since I can remember football.

the Luke77 brand has designed the kit, they will be manafuctured by Fanatics who also run our shop now we've lazily outsourced everything.

http://www.fanatics.co.uk/stores/fanatics/en
Cheers, although I’ve never heard of thos Fanatic. Do they have an arrangement like this with any other big club?

If not, the cynic in me says the demand will be something they can’t cope with.

As for the design, I don’t like it personally but I don’t buy training gear so I won’t lose too much sleep over it.

All this outsourcing bollocks was the gift of fatboy slim Wyness. He did the same at Everton and I'm told by one of their ST holders there was nepotism and dodgy decisions etc and he left under a cloud in their eyes.
As for the training gear , it's looks dire compared to the UA range . Let's hope the kits are better

Usually sold to fans to wear as well I think?

Yes it will be.
So the answer will be if you (as in fans in general) don't like it, don't buy it. Same as the match kit. Same as going into Next and seeing a t shirt you don't like. I don't get the fuss.

I would never ever consider buying an away shirt that is not white . Hate the yellow one, hate the black one. It's just a preference. But I do get the impression that people are linking the design of this training kit with the cluster that's going on at club. It's nothing to do with it. It's a design to some people's taste and not to others.

Sorry, but the appointment of Luke + Fanatics was odd, unusual and I did question on what basis at the time of announcement. I'm all for innovation etc and perhaps being a bit off the wall but the deal just struck me as strange , particularly given we may have been in the premier league . Also why did under armour ditch us.

Cheers, although I’ve never heard of thos Fanatic. Do they have an arrangement like this with any other big club?

If not, the cynic in me says the demand will be something they can’t cope with.

As for the design, I don’t like it personally but I don’t buy training gear so I won’t lose too much sleep over it.

Fanatic sell all the authorized merchandise for NASCAR and MLB here in US. Im not sure if they're involved with NFL or NBA but they are a big sports company.

I like the training wear. There I said it...there's some black variant I saw yesterday that is dog awful, but the twittered polo I like.

Or alternatively, when did it become about ripping off fans every 12 months and 'kit' not having at least 2 years shelf life?
I'd given up that train of thought about twenty years ago mate! But completely agree. Players now get a new shirt every match. I bet Dennis Mortimer et al probably only got a new shirt when the existing one wore out.... Having said that, being as it is the norm now to replace all kit every twelve months, you have to admit it's amateurish to have the players wearing the gear from last season made by a company with whom we've canceled the contract....

Fanatic sell all the authorized merchandise for NASCAR and MLB here in US. Im not sure if they're involved with NFL or NBA but they are a big sports company.
Massive company with plants in about six locations in the US, and yes they do most of the licensing agreements with major sports leagues here including NBA and NFL. They also are involved in the premier league with Man Utd, Everton among others...

Massive company with plants in about six locations in the US, and yes they do most of the licensing agreements with major sports leagues here including NBA and NFL. They also are involved in the premier league with Man Utd, Everton among others...

Whereabouts are you GM? Im in Daytona Beach, FL. Im a NASCAR fan and Rays fan so thats how i know about Fanatics as whenever i go to Daytona International Speedway (i work there for the races) or The Trop thats all i see. Im not so much an NFL fan but i follow The Seahawks or NBA but i loosely follow the Magic, but Fanatics seem to have their fingers in many sporting pies