Trouble at the Villa | Page 4 | Vital Football

Trouble at the Villa

No, the club is the issue not the player. I dislike Lansbury as much as the next man but his agent got him a stupidly good deal that he took. He didnt break their hands to get it, they gave it him. "Dr" Tony Xia is just another Fawaz, in fact its almost identical the way its been done. Over in the West Midlands, the rivals are giving it "but they won the European Cup" line. Sound familiar? I feel for them. They're football fans getting the club they love screwed into the dirt by an owner that the football league have let loose on English football. The picking of meat off the bones was happening to us not so long ago so it wouldn't hurt us lot to show some bloody empathy.

Question is, how many times does this have to happen and how many clubs does it have to take down before something is put in place to prevent it.

Obviously we have FFP and it has helped but if this can still happen then it obviously does not go far enough.

No, the club is the issue not the player. I dislike Lansbury as much as the next man but his agent got him a stupidly good deal that he took. He didnt break their hands to get it, they gave it him. "Dr" Tony Xia is just another Fawaz, in fact its almost identical the way its been done. Over in the West Midlands, the rivals are giving it "but they won the European Cup" line. Sound familiar? I feel for them. They're football fans getting the club they love screwed into the dirt by an owner that the football league have let loose on English football. The picking of meat off the bones was happening to us not so long ago so it wouldn't hurt us lot to show some bloody empathy.

I got empathy I just don't have sympathy, it got all used up on us. Don't remember the outrage on our behalf, maybe I didn't hear it for the laughter? Do I wish the football authorities would get a grip and stop this type of shit- yes. Am I gonna cry for Aston villa- that's a no.

No ones going to cry for the punter going through the turnstile and that is where the problem lies.

They (the fan) have my deepest sympathy because I know what it feels like.

Question is, how many times does this have to happen and how many clubs does it have to take down before something is put in place to prevent it.

Obviously we have FFP and it has helped but if this can still happen then it obviously does not go far enough.

FFP is reactive. Its like a parking meter mate. They need more than a bank balance and a business plan. They need the people to execute the plan and guaranteed finance for a number of years, even if that is in the form of some kind of bond. Everyone will forget this dude in a couple of years and in the mean time thousands of people who emotionally invest in their club will suffer. Its not life or death, its more than that

As crap owners go, we had the crappest IMO.

At least the other crap owners (Mad Mel, Tony Xia the Leeds bloke etc) all had a certain amount of intelligence and business acumen. Fawaz, no, he had nothing, except a bit of money.

It’s certainly a fact that it’s the fans who will always suffer because they are the ones that emotionally invest.

I am all for the idea of a bond if that’s what it takes to put the onus of responsibility on the owners and protect those who are currently just collateral damage.

As crap owners go, we had the crappest IMO.

At least the other crap owners (Mad Mel, Tony Xia the Leeds bloke etc) all had a certain amount of intelligence and business acumen. Fawaz, no, he had nothing, except a bit of money.
Not sure how much intelligence Xia has shown.

Fawaz was an idiot, sure but we didn’t nosedive this quickly. It takes a special kind of stupid to do that.

Definitely agree!

Why dont you pip like this more often?

Is that AC whacking my pip with his toodlefest nonsense?

I have put him and the rest of that vile forum on ignore and I suggest Pope and Cp do the same..

To each other !!

Such vitriol! This is why good posters and decent men like fenRis, paplane and Bad Dog no longer post on here and only share their goss on the new COYR forum

I too will be signing up shortly as I have had it up to toodle with your constant fishcake BS

My sympathy/empathy run out for villa as I’m surrounded by them. So deluded. Their owner is almost a carbon copy of Fawaz. The only redeeming feature of Fawaz is that he didn’t sell us out. The American bid was not in our best interests and he got a tremendous amount of flack for that but their ambitions were mostly about real estate and mortgaging the club against it. We seem to have a decent set up now and he did if I’m not mistaken writeoff a significant amount of debt.
There haven’t been as many owners as incompetent but there have been many worse owners that’s for sure.

I got empathy I just don't have sympathy, it got all used up on us. Don't remember the outrage on our behalf, maybe I didn't hear it for the laughter? Do I wish the football authorities would get a grip and stop this type of shit- yes. Am I gonna cry for Aston villa- that's a no.

Maybe the answer is, that the fit and proper test has to be a tad tougher than “does the proposed owner have a pulse?”

My sympathy/empathy run out for villa as I’m surrounded by them. So deluded. Their owner is almost a carbon copy of Fawaz. The only redeeming feature of Fawaz is that he didn’t sell us out. The American bid was not in our best interests and he got a tremendous amount of flack for that but their ambitions were mostly about real estate and mortgaging the club against it. We seem to have a decent set up now and he did if I’m not mistaken writeoff a significant amount of debt.
There haven’t been as many owners as incompetent but there have been many worse owners that’s for sure.

After the last couple of years I would never, ever trust Americans

But Fawaz is probably the biggest child to ever own a football club