Trouble at the Villa | Page 6 | Vital Football

Trouble at the Villa

I don't mind people voicing their thoughts and opinions. It is after all how we humans review our thinking and shape our beliefs. It is the attacking of a person because they dare to voice those thoughts, be them incorrect, ill informed and sometimes just wrong. Challenge the thinking and fact, not the person.

No he didn't and it's NOTHING to do with me.

I don't care either way - you get to realise, having been affiliated to this forum for well over 10 years, most as a moderator and latterly as Editor - that, there are inevitable fall outs - most of it petty & all suffer from WUMs etc.

Some are happy to give/receive gossip - some of it is true, much isn't - but, far too many forget that that is the whole reason for forums - gossip, rumour & opinions on players/games etc.

There are good & bad posters on every forum.

:tophat:

I'm just a Forest fan!:utv:

I don't mind people voicing their thoughts and opinions. It is after all how we humans review our thinking and shape our beliefs. It is the attacking of a person because they dare to voice those thoughts, be them incorrect, ill informed and sometimes just wrong. Challenge the thinking and fact, not the person.
:agree:

I don't care either way - you get to realise, having been affiliated to this forum for well over 10 years, most as a moderator and latterly as Editor - that, there are inevitable fall outs - most of it petty & all suffer from WUMs etc.

Some are happy to give/receive gossip - some of it is true, much isn't - but, far too many forget that that is the whole reason for forums - gossip, rumour & opinions on players/games etc.

There are good & bad posters on every forum.

:tophat:

I'm just a Forest fan!:utv:

lol We need to get that Scarf changed to Red and White!!!!!

The new owners would need to deposit a bond with the FL ? To stop this being like an additional savings account, there would need to be strict rules on the circumstances to which a club could draw on the funds, and how the deposit is re established. Quite a bit of administration involved and some owners may feel uncomfortable with the level of intervention.

Something needs to be done to protect the supporters though, and to recognise that the club and fans ARE a part of the local community. They are not just part of same megalomaniac’s wet dream. If anything good has come from the Fawaz years it is that we have come out the other side. Not giving Fawaz any credit for that, just saying that no matter how dire things look, there is always hope of better things to come. When you hit rock bottom, the only way is up !

Maybe have the other FL owners vote on the prospective owner. The prospective owner needs to get a 2/3rd majority of all the owners in the FL to purchase the team.

A poorly run team I would imagine impacts all the other owners bottom lines and the other owners would be adverse to this.

I wouldn't call it moral superiority.

There are some good people on there who know their stuff and used to contribute on here.

There are also a few morons who know fuck all about the subject matter but pass comment regardless.

*opinion

Was making no comment on the right and wrongs of it, just a simple statement that a number of regular posters are voting with their feet and going over to COYR. The obvious conclusion to make is that the in-fighting, sexual innuendo, puns and personal attacks do not go down well with a lot of people. Vital need to address this, or go the way of the dodo.

Maybe have the other FL owners vote on the prospective owner. The prospective owner needs to get a 2/3rd majority of all the owners in the FL to purchase the team.

A poorly run team I would imagine impacts all the other owners bottom lines and the other owners would be adverse to this.

This could be counter productive, e.g. the big M might vote down the nomination of a competent owner of the sheep.

Reports that Steve Bruce is jumping ship and off to Leeds, best players will be sold and goodness knows what happens to the rest, if the club goes into administration they may not get paid anyway, points docked and relegation a real possibility. FFP doesn't work, too many clubs gone up whilst breaking the rules, clubs coming down with massive parachute payments and exempt from FFP as are promoted clubs. Understand that the £40M QPR are said to owe will have to be paid, and reported ViIla need £40m now just to stand still.

The thing I like about COYR forum is I can be openly gay AND black on there without the fear of being taunted.

Was making no comment on the right and wrongs of it, just a simple statement that a number of regular posters are voting with their feet and going over to COYR. The obvious conclusion to make is that the in-fighting, sexual innuendo, puns and personal attacks do not go down well with a lot of people. Vital need to address this, or go the way of the dodo.

Its not a Vital problem at the end of the day; its a problem faced by every single forum going.

Some of the posters over on COYR who used to post on here will be missed because of the contribution they made; Others wont!

Some people cannot be bothered to summon up the effort to go and support their team, yet demand the right to an opinion, which is more often that not, contrary to what actually happens, and for no other reason than attention seeking.

Well let those people vote with their feet and fuck right off.

Given time, COYR will go the same way as this forum and all of the others; the people who support the team will get pissed off with the attention seeking, delusional bell ends that claim to.