Congratulations Clive | Page 2 | Vital Football

Congratulations Clive

How much cash has Clive really injected?He invested a reasonable amount of money at a time we appointed the Cowley's. Was he behind the appointment?Given recent financial disclosure re leage one and two is he going to invest enough long term given we are now using income earned at the moment? The finances via how much does football cost are startling. Now I will contradict myself!Do we want a south African who made his money from gambling on the stock market and adding no value to society as our investor. Does anyone know his true values? Happy he has joined but feel very ambivalent in the short term. I am hoping he is going to spend a lot of money but some of the praise is premature until we see his investment over the next three years?

No response needed to this.

The club is in fine hands, as it has been for the last 8 years.

Most of us identified Clive as the natural successor to Bob, and there must be a lot of reasons for that.

Could well be the dream team of chairman and vice chairman for me. Can't see why the success over the last two years cannot be built upon and hopefully even when we have to find successors to Danny and Nicky into the future. Well done Bob for keeping us afloat and for giving us this opportunity to thrive.

Two good appointments to take us further up the ladder. Both are realists and are unlikely to waste the resources at their disposal. Love the fact that Clive comes and stands/sits with the fans at away games. You get the impression he enjoys the successes and endures the hardships the same way as we do.

Thanks Bob for helping to set us on this road.

How much cash has Clive really injected?He invested a reasonable amount of money at a time we appointed the Cowley's. Was he behind the appointment?Given recent financial disclosure re leage one and two is he going to invest enough long term given we are now using income earned at the moment? The finances via how much does football cost are startling. Now I will contradict myself!Do we want a south African who made his money from gambling on the stock market and adding no value to society as our investor. Does anyone know his true values? Happy he has joined but feel very ambivalent in the short term. I am hoping he is going to spend a lot of money but some of the praise is premature until we see his investment over the next three years?
I think personally he has agreed to invest a £1million over 4or 5 yrs!in sportsvest ! He has helped inject professionalism into our beleagured club/board.Found the Cowleys!appointed Liam.Also his friends have/are coming on board with Business(yes we are one)and financial acumen for us to survive and prosper.
Basically he and his friends are Winners which we have become with the Cowleys on board!
Good enough for most of us already But long may it continue.

Remember it is the anniversary of D-Day everyone. When thousands of men, from many nationalties, bravely gave their lives, and dedication so we could have the right for freedom of expression against the tyranny of oppression.

I have my doubts too, but I will keep them close to my chest. Saying that, on a free and open board we should welcome different opinions to our own and discuss them in an open way, and not criticise the individual for posting their concerns.

For me, I don't care what Nationality a Chair or Director is, as long as they do their job. I am just going to exercise caution at this time and I will see if my own personal fears are borne fruit, or are just that. Fears.

Time will tell, it always does.

While Bob spends some well deserved time on the sun deck, good ship LCFC is in the very safe hands of Clive and Roger. It was a great day when Bob persuaded Clive to come on board with his expertise and of course a few £'s !! UTI.

Remember it is the anniversary of D-Day everyone. When thousands of men, from many nationalties, bravely gave their lives, and dedication so we could have the right for freedom of expression against the tyranny of oppression.

I have my doubts too, but I will keep them close to my chest. Saying that, on a free and open board we should welcome different opinions to our own and discuss them in an open way, and not criticise the individual for posting their concerns.

For me, I don't care what Nationality a Chair or Director is, as long as they do their job. I am just going to exercise caution at this time and I will see if my own personal fears are borne fruit, or are just that. Fears.

Time will tell, it always does.

It is a wonderfully ironic post that criticises posters being critical.

Delighted by the appointment. Continuity is the key now and whether he invests a million or a pound in the next few years we are in a far better place now than before he came on board.

Huge congratulations to both of them fully deserved IMHO.
Having chatted with Clive on Twitter a few times and the bits he puts on here he comes across a decent and honest bloke who only the best for Lincoln City fc.
Remember Roger from way back when as the first editor and founder of the deranged ferret.
Get the feeling Roger may do more of the day to day stuff especially when Clive is in South Africa.

Quite agree with with you mike.
let us all embrace the good times that have come to our club.

Thanks to Bob and lots of success to Clive& Roger.

Domski10 i bet an open grave makes you laugh:Fingers::Fingers:

Met Clive at Maidstone train station after the game last season seems a very down to earth bloke who was happy to chat
The guy clearly knows what he’s doing with money and business so more than happy to have him in the chair
Good choice imo

Can someone outline Clive's achievements?
1. 750,000 0ver three years through investment fund. 2017/2018/2019