Summer transfer thread | Page 26 | Vital Football

Summer transfer thread

Personally I can’t see why we couldn’t have made an enquiry, cheeky or otherwise.

He may have cost Arsenal £17m but before Emery came in he was firmly out in the cold and had just finished a largely unsuccessful loan spell at Deportivo.

Because of fees (loan or transfer) and wages it would be a difficult, unlikely deal but that doesn’t mean it’s impossible or that we wouldn’t ask the question.

The player himself would probably only drop to the second tier if there were no better offers but who is to say if there is any alternative interest.

That’s my take anyway.

Personally I can’t see why we couldn’t have made an enquiry, cheeky or otherwise.

He may have cost Arsenal £17m but before Emery came in he was firmly out in the cold and had just finished a largely unsuccessful loan spell at Deportivo.

Because of fees (loan or transfer) and wages it would be a difficult, unlikely deal but that doesn’t mean it’s impossible or that we wouldn’t ask the question.

The player himself would probably only drop to the second tier if there were no better offers but who is to say if there is any alternative interest.

That’s my take anyway.

Your take is spot on Basha.

That’s my take anyway.

Definitely, feel free to list all the transfers you can think of from a top 6 Premier League club to a lower midtable championship side.

Behave Calvin, he's played 11 times for Arsenal mainly in the League Cup. Stop trying to be clever.
Didn't Wisdom join Derby last year from Liverpool.

Definitely, feel free to list all the transfers you can think of from a top 6 Premier League club to a lower midtable championship side.
Don’t deny it doesn’t happen often but that doesn’t mean it can’t happen and doesn’t mean that teams won’t enquire.

If a player isn’t wanted at a club then they usually won’t give a monkeys who they sell to so long as a decent price is agreed. It’s more whether the player would come.

So you've both found two players who didn't make it through their clubs youth systems. Brilliant like for like comparisons. That's exactly the same aa an experienced overseas player who'd been signed for triple our largest ever transfer fee.

So you've both found two players who didn't make it through their clubs youth systems. Brilliant like for like comparisons. That's exactly the same aa an experienced overseas player who'd been signed for triple our largest ever transfer fee.

Calvin, wipe that egg off your face (again).
Can I give you some advice?
Please shut up because that hole that you are burying yourself in is getting bigger with every post you make.
You are making yourself look a right mug.

Alright then, John Terry, Andre Wisdom, Kevin Stewart.

All three last summer

Last edited:
So how much do you think he will go for if/when he is sold? Based on what he has done since the transfer to Arsenal and his age I would guess £6-10m at the most and that will be highly dependent on who is in for him.

If there is interest in him from a top tier club either here or in one of the better leagues in Europe then he will obviously go there but if there is no other interest...?

Again, I am not saying it is likely but what makes you think that we wouldn’t have even enquiries about his availability?

CP is upset because we are strongly linked to two Benfica players worth a combined 35M.
He wanted us to sign only freebies just so he could say 'I told you these new owners were conmen' :unsure::rotfl: Wipe that egg off your face again CP.

CP is upset because we are strongly linked to two Benfica players worth a combined 35M.
He wanted us to sign only freebies just so he could say 'I told you these new owners were conmen' :unsure::rotfl: Wipe that egg off your face again CP.

You're a fantasist nutcase. Someone on Twitter says something and you buy into it.

Would you like to buy a bridge from me?

Ruben Neves and Diogo Jota from Porto and Atletico Madrid to Wolves. Again they are young players but both are u23 internationals and Neves looks like he is going to the World Cup.

Granted Wolves have a rich owner and links to a top agent but Wolves were a mid-table club at the time and their manager wasn’t exactly a household name.

The market is changing and clubs in the Championship are spending more and being more ambitious.

I can understand the scepticism but there is a big difference between unlikely and impossible.

I do think that it would be a very tough proposition to sell us to Perez or similar who are used to playing for top flight clubs but it is interesting that we are being linked however tenuously to a better class of player.

Lol yeah, definitely like for like.

I've a second bridge for sale if you're interested?

You didn't ask for like for like. Your question was:

We have given you five without having to do more than a couple of minutes of research.

If you wanted like for like you should have asked for that.

If you ask a defective question then there is no sense yelping like a little bitch when you get answers that you find defective.

This is you CP:

"list all the transfers you can think of from a top 6 Premier League club to a lower midtable championship side."

"Yeah, but not that one"
"Not that one"
"Not that one"
"Not that one"
"Not that one"

images-1.jpg