The Official John Terry Thread | Page 22 | Vital Football

The Official John Terry Thread

No problem at all with it. In this day and age when everything is about money refreshing to see a little bit of loyalty to a place where he spent so many years.

Depends on the circumstances. If we needed to beat Chelsea to stay up or something then he should play. This club isn't a mickey mouse outfit.

Agreed

As said, not got a major problem, but lets not start talking up players as if they are bigger than Aston Villa

Agreed

As said, not got a major problem, but lets not start talking up players as if they are bigger than Aston Villa

I don't see it as a player being bigger than the club. I think it's just a unique situation. I think that under the right circumstances it's a reasonable request . It's defo a case of there being a bigger picture to the scenario which of course is Terry with us for next season . Don't think it matters either way upon tomorrow's result but Terry signing was a master stroke on and off the field. He could be equally as important on and off next season if we go up. And if being available for 34 out of 36 games is the pay off then go for it. Definitely .

Will Chelsea pay his salary for the two games he misses? If he’s an Aston Villa player, paid by, and contracted to, Aston Villa, then he plays, regardless of the opposition. And I’m sure that’s what he’d do.

JT spoke to talksport earlier in the season and it wasn't an issue. I think he said he would relish the challenge. For me this is just the press making sh!t up again. Let's get there first and then we will see what happens. If it was me I would be dying to play against Chelsea. I suspect JT will feel the same way.

I'm very glad to hear that merd as I really didn't like the thought of us allowing any player to miss certain games against former teams. The simple fact is that Terry would be a villa player and his job would be to do the best for Aston Villa football club, not curry favour with Chelsea fans in the hope of managing them one day. He is not bigger than the club.

I'm very glad to hear that merd as I really didn't like the thought of us allowing any player to miss certain games against former teams. The simple fact is that Terry would be a villa player and his job would be to do the best for Aston Villa football club, not curry favour with Chelsea fans in the hope of managing them one day. He is not bigger than the club.

Well said JW1985.

We. Are. Aston Villa.

Not some f**king small club with no history. No player donning the shirt should EVER dictate who he would or would not play against.

It is irrelevant now .

I would like to thank him for his contribution this season .His influence on and off the pitch has been immense and we will miss his presence next season.

I wasn't overly impressed with him at the start but he really has helped this season both on and off the pitch. It's likely he will never play for us again so thanks for your efforts JT, you'll always be appreciated by villa fans.

Like a lot of people, despite initial reservations, I have been won over by his presence as a leader, professional role model and more than decent consistency despite the aging legs. Think that we've probably seen his last performance for the Villa.

Thanks for helping stabilize our great club, in doing so you have become one of "us".

He ain't gone yet. Don't think he'd play for another club. So, is he ready to hang up his boots? Maybe, but maybe not. If he isn't think he'll stay.

Whatever, great having you here, John. Massive influence.

Didn't he say in his interview last week that he had played enough games this season to trigger the second season ?

The key is whether we can afford him.

I would offer him a player coach role and if it meant getting rid of one of Calderwood/Agnew or Clemence then so be it.
Yes or player assistant manager type role he might be persuaded to stay with us for another season perhaps even on lower wages as he has made it clear he wants to move into management at some point