RAF Scampton under threat | Page 3 | Vital Football

RAF Scampton under threat

Sound like the sort of things that numerous football fans paid to live in during the recent world cup, or what groups like some volunteers and the police were housed in during the 2012 London Olympics.

I'm sure any genuine asylum seekers will find them preferable to whatever it is they are fleeing in their home land and will patiently await the outcome of their claims. Britain must be offering something aspirational for them to happily choose to pass through several safe countries and then still be happy to pay fortunes risking life and limb on top of that to reach the UK.

Sound like the sort of things that numerous football fans paid to live in during the recent world cup, or what groups like some volunteers and the police were housed in during the 2012 London Olympics.

I'm sure any genuine asylum seekers will find them preferable to whatever it is they are fleeing in their home land and will patiently await the outcome of their claims. Britain must be offering something aspirational for them to happily choose to pass through several safe countries and then still be happy to pay fortunes risking life and limb on top of that to reach the UK.
I think I have had it with you. You are just a shit person.

And Cruella the Sewer trots out the most racist diatribe ever uttered by a so called mainstream UK politician on national TV to woo bigots like @hulloutpost because that is literally all they have left

It isn't and shouldn't be a race to the bottom but treatment seems skewed against existing British citizens. I believe the priorities are wrong and if accommodation can be found for illegal immigrants, the very least our former service personnel (and others who are houseable and wish to be so) should be afforded is the same level of facilities.

Last edited:

Under scores the point being made earlier in the thread.

Uncontrolled, rampant illegal immigration has significant, detrimental consequences on available resources and service provision for every non rich individual (aka the overwhelming majority of people) in this country and that is why it needs addressing.

Celebritys, the rich, politicians and the liberal metropolitan liberal elite are entitled to their opinions in support of illegal immigration but are in no position to preach to and abuse those that don't share their opinions.

Last edited:

Uncontrolled, rampant illegal immigration has significant, detrimental consequences on available resources and service provision for every non rich individual (aka the overwhelming majority of people) in this country and that is why it needs addressing.

Celebritys, the rich, politicians and the liberal metropolitan liberal elite are entitled to their opinions in support of illegal immigration but are in no position to preach to and abuse those that don't share their opinions.

I don't believe those being housed at Scampton will be illegal immigrants?

They are not much different to project SLAM. SFA is generally good standard housing which is why there is always a queue to buy them. If you want a scandal to get your mouth foaming look into Annington homes.

I don't believe those being housed at Scampton will be illegal immigrants?
Couple of things - For clarity I'm talking generally about the treatment of our military as opposed to illegal immigrants, including but also in addition to Scampton; and out of interest what do you understand to be their status specifically for Scampton?

If you have information that they are going to be for example former interpreters for the British Army from Afghanistan then absolutely fair enough (specifically to Scampton) for that particular air base. If they have entered the country illegally by boat and are seeking asylum status we have also had that discussion on here previously and agreed to disagree about what an illegal immigrant is.

They are not much different to project SLAM. SFA is generally good standard housing which is why there is always a queue to buy them. If you want a scandal to get your mouth foaming look into Annington homes.
Yes Annington homes can be added to the list of disgraceful examples of behaviour. However it's a completely different issue to the quality of accommodation currently being provided to illegal immigrants including good standard hotels, as opposed to the 'poor bloody infantry' so to speak highlighted here.

It is and remains an absolute disgrace that our service personnel are treated as second class citizens and treated less favourably than people who engage with and enter the country illegally via the support of criminal people trafficers (sic).