RAF Scampton under threat | Vital Football

RAF Scampton under threat

Do I want thousands of illegal immigrants pouring into the country via criminal and unofficial routes; certainly not. Do I think the government have been pathetically slow, weak and mealy mouthed in sorting this problem out; absolutely.

Do I want to see the illegal immigrants being placed en mass within hotels and small communities; certainly not. Would the use of isolated ex military bases be a sensible temporary solution and good use of facilities until those that need deporting could be done so quickly and efficiently; absolutely.

Last edited:
Do I want thousands of illegal immigrants pouring into the country via criminal and unofficial routes; certainly not. Do I think the government have been pathetically slow, weak and mealy mouthed in sorting this problem out; absolutely.

Do I want to see the illegal immigrants being placed en mass within hotels and small communities; certainly not. Would the use of isolated ex military bases be a sensible temporary solution and good use of facilities until those that need deporting could be done so quickly and efficiently; absolutely.

If they have fled to this country and are seeking asylum they are not here illegally until their asylum claim has been processed and rejected and they then do not return to their place of origin...

If they have fled to this country and are seeking asylum they are not here illegally until their asylum claim has been processed and rejected and they then do not return to their place of origin...

You’d hope this simple fact would be obvious to an infant, let alone an adult human being who is allowed to vote.

it just sounded like a daily fail article
I don't see why you would think that. If you would like some detail, happy to oblige. Quite recently a hotel was taken over at short notice in the small village of North Ferriby. As a consequence and without warning a lot of my wife's former work colleagues lost their jobs without notice. Many of them were people on zero hours contracts in the midst of a cost of living crisis. They were very upset, perhaps you can empathise with that.

At the same time, my daughter who had been with the same GP for 28 years was one of the patients written to and without right of appeal, dumped unceremoniously from her practice 'following a review' of catchment areas. The new residents of the hotel are now covered from that GP practice. My daughter who has complex medical needs was left without a GP for several weeks and (thankfully) eventually having managed to find one that would accept her, now has to travel further for her medical care. She was quite upset by that, perhaps you can empathise with her.

So yes, I do think the use of RAF Scampton as a base for illegal immigrants (rather than hotels in small communities) makes eminently good sense.

Last edited:
I don't see why you would think that. If you would like some detail, happy to oblige. Quite recently a hotel was taken over at short notice in the small village of North Ferriby. As a consequence and without warning a lot of my wife's former work colleagues lost their jobs without notice. Many of them were people on zero hours contracts in the midst of a cost of living crisis. They were very upset, perhaps you can empathise with that.

At the same time, my daughter who had been with the same GP for 28 years was one of the patients written to and without right of appeal, dumped unceremoniously from her practice 'following a review' of catchment areas. The new residents of the hotel are now covered from that GP practice. My daughter who has complex medical needs was left without a GP for several weeks and having (thankfully) eventually having managed to find one that would accept her, now has to travel further for her medical care. She was quite upset by that, perhaps you can empathise with her.

So yes, I do think the use of RAF Scampton as a base for illegal immigrants (rather than hotels in small communities) makes eminently good sense.

yes all sad tales but how do you directly link that to asylum? Sounds more like a hotel run by arseholes and a doctors that needs more funding. I think you should get angry with the gov for under funding the health system and the hotel owners for exploiting their staff. This is nothing to do with asylum seekers.

put down the daily fail and step backwards with your hands up

yes all sad tales but how do you directly link that to asylum? Sounds more like a hotel run by arseholes and a doctors that needs more funding. I think you should get angry with the gov for under funding the health system and the hotel owners for exploiting their staff. This is nothing to do with asylum seekers.

put down the daily fail and step backwards with your hands up
No, prior to the illegal immigrants being dumped in a small village there were perfectly adequate medical facilities for all the established community and the hotel provided a good source of employment for local people. I think you will find that in many cases the hotels have no say when they are aggressively comandeered by the government and 'they' then employ their own staff at the hotel.

I really don't follow your arseholes and under funding deflection, unless you mean that the sudden unannounced, unplanned for influx of large numbers of illegal immigrants is putting the already stretched NHS and housing services within the UK at risk of breaking point to the detriment of many communities who then have to bear the brunt of the extreme and sudden disruption to their 'eco system'.

No, prior to the illegal immigrants being dumped in a small village there were perfectly adequate medical facilities for all the established community and the hotel provided a good source of employment for local people. I think you will find that in many cases the hotels have no say when they are aggressively comandeered by the government and 'they' then employ their own staff at the hotel.

I really don't follow your arseholes and under funding deflection, unless you mean that the influx of large numbers of illegal immigrants is putting the already stretched NHS and housing services within the UK at risk of breaking point to the detriment of many communities who then have to bear the brunt of the extreme and sudden disruption to their 'eco system'.

dear me you have been brain washed more then I thought!

Arseholes employing people on zero hour contract giving them no rights and behaviour of HMG - nothing to do with an asylum seeker.

Why do you think the NHS is at breaking point - nothing to do with asylum seekers and everything to do with level of funding from the state.

also looking at your username and mine - I think we are immigrants too!

dear me you have been brain washed more then I thought!

Arseholes employing people on zero hour contract giving them no rights and behaviour of HMG - nothing to do with an asylum seeker.

Why do you think the NHS is at breaking point - nothing to do with asylum seekers and everything to do with level of funding from the state.

also looking at your username and mine - I think we are immigrants too!
Oh dear, trying to conflate arguments it would appear. Pre illegal immigrants in North Ferriby = perfectly adequate medical services and localised economic stability. Post mass 'emergency' placement of illegal immigrants in North Ferriby = over stretching of services and economic disruption. The people causing those problems are those entering the country via criminal, illegal routes and the government for not dealing with the issue of mass immigration. It's not a difficult concept to follow.

I understand how factual, empirical examples that conflict with your feelings may be triggering for you but it is what it is. What I don't understand is your logic, i.e. how the influx of thousands of unplanned illegal immigrants is in any way helping the already under funded NHS and by extension assists the government in addressing that.

As for your 'user name' reference I don't really get your point but I will try and interpret it. In real life my immediate family surnames (paternal and maternal) do indeed suggest that probably thousands and at least hundreds of years ago, my ancestors were indeed Vikings and Saxons. To be fair, society may just have moved on a tinsy-winsy bit since then and evolved into the highly organised, sophisticated and complex one that we have today. My arrival in the world and the subsequent drain on services versus value to society, were probably anticipated and factored into well established population study models which would have been essential to planning. A simple example is that the authorities had many years notice to build an additional secondary school in Immingham to cater for the anticipated baby boom - I knew my 'useless' geography A level would serve some purpose one day.

What doesn't help society, is mass unplanned immigration and all the immediate and additional stress that brings for the finances to welfare provision, social services, policing, education, health and housing to name some of the main categories. That is before you look at the detriment it brings on a human level as evidenced by my previous examples.

I support the government doing it's bit as it does in diverting billions of pounds to support legal immigration and asylum seekers via official channels. The UK plays it's global part by doing that and also via it's over seas budget. Illegal and criminal immigration, many bogus asylum claims within that and all the problems that brings is not helpful or fair to either existing UK residents or those seeking to enter the country via official and financially supported asylum routes.

Oh dear, trying to conflate arguments it would appear. Pre illegal immigrants in North Ferriby = perfectly adequate medical services and localised economic stability. Post mass 'emergency' placement of illegal immigrants in North Ferriby = over stretching of services and economic disruption. The people causing those problems are those entering the country via criminal, illegal routes and the government for not dealing with the issue of mass immigration. It's not a difficult concept to follow.

I understand how factual, empirical examples that conflict with your feelings may be triggering for you but it is what it is. What I don't understand is your logic, i.e. how the influx of thousands of unplanned illegal immigrants is in any way helping the already under funded NHS and by extension assists the government in addressing that.

As for your 'user name' reference I don't really get your point but I will try and interpret it. In real life my immediate family surnames (paternal and maternal) do indeed suggest that probably thousands and at least hundreds of years ago, my ancestors were indeed Vikings and Saxons. To be fair, society may just have moved on a tinsy-winsy bit since then and evolved into the highly organised, sophisticated and complex one that we have today. My arrival in the world and the subsequent drain on services versus value to society, were probably anticipated and factored into well established population study models which would have been essential to planning. A simple example is that the authorities had many years notice to build an additional secondary school in Immingham to cater for the anticipated baby boom - I knew my 'useless' geography A level would serve some purpose one day.

What doesn't help society, is mass unplanned immigration and all the immediate and additional stress that brings for the finances to welfare provision, social services, policing, education, health and housing to name some of the main categories. That is before you look at the detriment it brings on a human level as evidenced by my previous examples.

I support the government doing it's bit as it does in diverting billions of pounds to support legal immigration and asylum seekers via official channels. The UK plays it's global part by doing that and also via it's over seas budget. Illegal and criminal immigration, many bogus asylum claims within that and all the problems that brings is not helpful or fair to either existing UK residents or those seeking to enter the country via official and financially supported asylum routes.

a lot of words - i am not going to respond beyond saying I do not agree and that I am saddened that people I share a country with have these views.

Enter the country illegally as an immigrant, pretty self explanatory really. Call it what you will, and I'll call it what I will.
Entered illegally because this racist, neo-fascist government made it impossible for them to claim asylum legally. You conveniently forgot that huge fact, I see.