Youth - U23 - Loans Thread | Page 141 | Vital Football

Youth - U23 - Loans Thread

I would suspect the main reason Morgan Rogers is a Villa player and JPB is a Hull player is due to the latter basically asking to leave.

We wanted him to stay but in reality was he going to start more than Diaby, Bailey, SJM or Ramsey who was expected back within a month or so of the season starting. He wanted to start week in week out and rather than keep a player who might be unhappy we cashed in.
any link to that / source . Seems unlikely to me he'd be demanding that

Barry Bannan has probably had the best run at Sheffield Wednesday where he has become a cult hero, as did Graham Hogg at Huddersfield but I wouldn't have wanted them back either. Gary Cahill went onto Chelsea after spending 4 years at Bolton learning his trade, so we could say we missed out on him but at the time when he was 21 no we didn't unless we wanted him turning us into Bolton for 4 years
Steven Davis ?

I would suspect the main reason Morgan Rogers is a Villa player and JPB is a Hull player is due to the latter basically asking to leave.

We wanted him to stay but in reality was he going to start more than Diaby, Bailey, SJM or Ramsey who was expected back within a month or so of the season starting. He wanted to start week in week out and rather than keep a player who might be unhappy we cashed in.
Other clubs lend players out, and get a loan fee.

Other clubs lend players out, and get a loan fee.

We've loaned him out twice before. From his perspective he has little to gain from a loan move as even if he has a good season he's still coming back to us from a season in the championship and we'll still have Diaby, Bailey, JJ and a returning Buendia in front of him.

He wanted to leave and try to be the main man somewhere else. It's worked well for him as he will be in the Premier league next season no matter what happens to Hull.

Seem to remember City having a player Angelino,left back I think sold him, went away did well, lots of interest in him,exercised their buy back clause then sold him straight away for a profit.
Maybe that could be what we do with Philo 🤷‍♂️
That's if my recollection of aforementioned player is correct

I think you have to look at when you buy from a championship club It is different to selling to one, none of the entrenched Championship sides pay much for players, but when they sell they extract as much as they can from the big boys.
Hence they bought Rogers for 1m and sold for 8M or whatever, If we'd have wanted Rogers directly from City they'd have wanted 20m for him or something silly as they got for Palmer was it 40m?
£60m I believe

With all of the hype around Klopp’s Kids which of our young players can step up and fill a gap in the ranks?

Do we currently have any gaps, except CB, that is no place for 18-year-olds
Not yet, but the way players are dropping out with injuries you never know.
Hypothetically, who could step up? I can think of Tim and Kessler off the top of my head but who else? I’m not as clued up on the kids as I’d like to be.

Hypothetically, who could step up? I can think of Tim and Kessler off the top of my head but who else? I’m not as clued up on the kids as I’d like to be.
I think Unai has blooded a few over the last year or so Kellyman, Kaden Young, and another kid whose name escapes me but none of them is as far advanced as Tim I or KKH, some out on loan that are but we are pretty well stocked with senior players despite the injury list and we've brought in Rogers who is first team squad and we have Duran who is 19/20. So we aren't short

Apart from Tim we sold our best prospects over the last 18 months or so. Apparently Lamare Bogarde is highly thought of but I can't see him getting a go this season.

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be anyone that could feasibly come in. I'd heard of Grealish, both Ramsey brothers and Chucky long before they were near the first team and I don't think anyone we've currently got has that kind of hype behind them.

Apart from Tim we sold our best prospects over the last 18 months or so. Apparently Lamare Bogarde is highly thought of but I can't see him getting a go this season.

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be anyone that could feasibly come in. I'd heard of Grealish, both Ramsey brothers and Chucky long before they were near the first team and I don't think anyone we've currently got has that kind of hype behind them.
The purchases of Kostas, Rogers and Souza would point to a belief we don't have anyone ready to step up.

- KKH will probably be let go for a nominal fee
- It'll be interesting to see if we sell Chrisene
- Tim probably wants to pull up some trees or he could be off

We're moving at a hurtling pace, if we make it to the UCL the window will continue to narrow for these young lads.

Rory Wilson scored 2 for the U21's tonight after comigyon as sub.

Kellyman also got 2, as did Moore.

I'd say Kellyman has the most hype amongst the next crop, but the 2 with the most hype behind them are Broggio and Borland. They're a couple of years away yet though. Broggio just turned 17 and I believe Borland us still only 16, but played for the U21's tonight.

Borland has now started 5 consecutive U21 games at the age of 16. Proper talent. Him, Broggio and Kellyman look awesome talents.

I think Unai has blooded a few over the last year or so Kellyman, Kaden Young, and another kid whose name escapes me but none of them is as far advanced as Tim I or KKH, some out on loan that are but we are pretty well stocked with senior players despite the injury list and we've brought in Rogers who is first team squad and we have Duran who is 19/20. So we aren't short
O'Reilly

Apparently Ben Chrisine was excellent for Blackburn last night. We have a lot of young LBs now and if Digne goes in the summer it might be tempting to try one of them as Moreno's back up. Especially if we're going to have to box clever in our transfer dealings.