Your Top 5 Villa Managers | Page 2 | Vital Football

Your Top 5 Villa Managers

1/ Ron Saunders
2/ Ron Atkinson
3/ Vic Crowe
4/ Graham Taylor
5/ Tommy Docherty

For me, Vic Crowe has to be in there. He steadied the ship and started the re-build when we were at our lowest ebb..... which Tommy Docherty continued of course.

BodyButter - 27/11/2017 16:59

McGrath4Pope - 28/11/2017 00:24

Ron Atkinson
Brian Little
Graham Taylor (1st edition)
John Gregory
Martin O'Neil (who I hate to include as in hindsight the negatives associated with his reign far outweigh the positives but the post did say 'in your lifetime' ruling out Saunders for me)

I didn't think it was fair to include managers I'd never see in action. Obviously, Ron Saunders was our best manager in modern times but I don't remember any of it.

Fair enough mate - it’s your thread! I happen to agree, you can’t really put managers / players you never saw on your personal ‘greatest’ list.

1. Martin O'Neill - raised our level of expectations. Went into games expecting to win. Great man manager. I remember getting a text about him resigning.....made it worse that I read he had re-signed his deal not resigned from his job. Double blow
2. Brian Little - seems a true gent.
3. John Gregory - no messing with him
4. Big Ron Atkinson - entertaining character - he was the boss when I started supporting villa.
5. Tim Sherwood - he's kinda my guilty pleasure.... I don't want to like him but dammit there was always an entertaining factor about him and his interviews even if we all knew they were bull sh!t

1. John Gregory
2. Ron Atkinson
3. Brian Little

The rest in my lifetime I either can't remember that well (Ron Saunders, Graham Taylor, etc.) or am actively trying to forget (O'Neill, O'Leary, Lambert, etc.).