Your top 10 films | Page 6 | Vital Football

Your top 10 films

There's no way I could put mine in ranking order, and I admit I haven't seen a lot of the classics that have been mentioned here so this could be subject to change, but 9 films I could watch on repeat without getting bored are:

Pulp Fiction
Django Unchained
Inglourious Basterds
Munich
The Dark Knight
The Wolf of Wall Street
Spotlight
American Psycho

Most of them are quite heavy going, so I wanted to put a comedy as my 10th but couldn't decide between Borat or The Hangover!

1) Pulp Fiction
2) Goodfellas
3) The first Star Wars (and all star wars!)
4) The Devils Advocate
5) Angel Heart
6) Reservoir Dogs or Django Unchained (yes, I know, I'm cheating)
7) Shawshank Redemption
8) The Irishman
9) Needed a western, needed a Clint Eastwood film, so will go Unforgiven (Thought Gran Torino was great as well)
10) Donnie Darko

And now I've seen it

Joker

And others...!

The Rocky series
True Romance
Pump Up The Volume
Barton Fink
Heat
Gladiator

Think in the last decade, you'd struggle to find two better films than Joker and The Irishman. They are works of art.

Good film, wouldn't make an all time list for me though.

There was another that popped into my mind, unfortunately it popped right back out!

Not in any order of preference.

1, Schindler's List.
2, Unforgiven.
3, One Flew Over Cuckoo's Nest.
4, Gladiator.
5, Django Unchained.
6, A Star is Born ( Judy Garland & James Mason)
7, Once Upon a Time in America.
8, Saving Private Ryan.
9, West Side Story.
10, Goodfellas.

I could easily extend this to the top 50 such is my love of films.

I could do an SJH and break the rules of the thread by not being able to count :Fingers:....but having actually thought about this (and still knowing I have films in my head that I can't remember the title of)....I really can't give a top 10.

I think I'd probably struggle to limit it to a top 100, as I can't be alone in having favourite films based on where I was in my life where in some ways I wouldn't have been 'me' had I not seen them, albeit the caveat is as a film they weren't that great but for whatever reason they are a part of me. Then others like Ryan/Schindler's etc that were truly great films, but horrible watches that had an impact....but I'd never watch again.

I could do an SJH and break the rules of the thread by not being able to count :Fingers:....but having actually thought about this (and still knowing I have films in my head that I can't remember the title of)....I really can't give a top 10.

I think I'd probably struggle to limit it to a top 100, as I can't be alone in having favourite films based on where I was in my life where in some ways I wouldn't have been 'me' had I not seen them, albeit the caveat is as a film they weren't that great but for whatever reason they are a part of me. Then others like Ryan/Schindler's etc that were truly great films, but horrible watches that had an impact....but I'd never watch again.

I get ya.

How about a top 10 films you've seen most often?

Yep, same, and somehow I left out Pulp Fiction too.

I think I'd have to do a top 50, so many I've probably forgot.

and the Usual Suspects, Jesus Christ

So what are your top ten films you've seen most often?

I don't think I can do ten but here's my go:

1. The Matrix
2. Calvary
3. Happy Gilmore
4. True Romance
5. Intermission
6. The Young Offenders
7. Sunset Boulevard
8. In Bruges
9. I Went Down
10. The Dark Knight

What do you know? There's ten. That's in rough order of the most times I've seen the film. I've probably watched The Dark Knight 3 times and The Matrix is definitely in the teens.