Yet another terror attack ? | Page 3 | Vital Football

Yet another terror attack ?

Quote, There was no invasion of Iraq in 1991, George Bush Snr effectively stopped at the border. Unquote.

If you cannot or will not accept that Iraq was infiltrated with 70,000 allied personnel that some people would term as an invasion then there is nowt I can do about that, however I hope on the other hand you and the other Gillingham fans can look forward to an improvement in the teams performance and leave the relegation battle to some of the others in the league.

Whitstable, sorry for your daughter's loss. That is very hard.

They invaded Iraq in fulfillment of the UN mandate to liberate Kuwait. They had no mandate to enter Iraq for political reasons, only operational ones. They stopped when the job was done, keeping the loss of life down and the international community united. Bush senior was a pro except for encouraging the Shia rising. We all know what "finishing the job" would have delivered courtesy of W and the 2003 farce.

My whole point is not about the niceties of the 1991 war but the chaos after the George W invasion proper, which is a direct cause of so many problems we are facing to-day.

People like VG think that these terrorist incidents just happen because someone is (say) a muslim rather than understand history and the actions of others, often over centuries as in Northern Ireland, often play a very big part.

"People like VG think that these terrorist incidents just happen because someone is (say) a muslim rather than understand history and the actions of others, often over centuries as in Northern Ireland, often play a very big part."

Agree.

That isn't to say I agree with the actions, just that some people think this mess has no back story. We are, sadly, reaping what we've sown to some extent.

No I don't love terrorists etc etc.

Gills1958 - 10/10/2017 11:00

Agree.

That isn't to say I agree with the actions, just that some people think this mess has no back story. We are, sadly, reaping what we've sown to some extent.

No I don't love terrorists etc etc.

Well I disagree, there's simply no basis in fact. Terrorist attacks occur mainly in Iraq, Afghanistan and Syria. There are other attacks in Nigeria, Sudan, China and Russia. The attacks in Western Europe are a very, very small proportion of the worldwide terrorist attacks. These can't be traced back to the West's actions in the middle ages, the 2nd world war, the 1990's, post 9/11 whatever WayneKerr's current theory is.

The motive is simpler, a wish for Islam to be the only religion in the world. A wish that comes from their holy book, with it's over 100 passages of violence.

Has anyone hear a religious fundamentalist / hate preacher giving the same reasons as WayneKerr, ever?