Yet another terror attack ? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Yet another terror attack ?

Nice to see thousands and thousands attend theFLA march in London, which is of course subject to a media blackout. Lots of people from my work went, Gills were well represented. Just ordinary football fans walking peacefully.

billymaggot - 7/10/2017 22:13

Nice to see thousands and thousands attend theFLA march in London, which is of course subject to a media blackout. Lots of people from my work went, Gills were well represented. Just ordinary football fans walking peacefully.

I'm sure they were all nasty and rascist Billy

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/football-lads-association-march-thousands-gather-in-central-london-in-antiextremism-protest-a3652981.html

Unfortunately any event attended by that idiot Tommy Robinson will look like a far right wing knees up. Not quite a media black out but hardly mentioned anywhere - I hadn?t seen it on social media either so perhaps just not that big a deal.

Let?s hope extremists everywhere have taken note and world peace will be restored

nibbles - 7/10/2017 23:07

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/football-lads-association-march-thousands-gather-in-central-london-in-antiextremism-protest-a3652981.html

Unfortunately any event attended by that idiot Tommy Robinson will look like a far right wing knees up. Not quite a media black out but hardly mentioned anywhere - I hadn?t seen it on social media either so perhaps just not that big a deal.

Let?s hope extremists everywhere have taken note and world peace will be restored

Another example of people who've had enough. I wonder if there were Gills there ?

edit. I wonder who the Gills fan are who attended. Respect to them anyway.

7 people from my company went to the March, 4 support the gIls , the others London clubs.
10,000 people went to last march and reports say 30000 at this march, but that's taken from the mail, maybe Nobby knows if more or less.
Of course the aim of the march is to say " enough is enough" against terrorism , and that's the whole idea of the football alliance. Unfortunately Tommy Robinson being there, and no doubt other supporters of the far right will make all the headlines . Of course he made the most of it by having his photo taken, and that plays into the hands of the media and no doubt his own agenda.
The blokes I know that went to the march are not racist, not anti Muslim, all they want is the government to do more to deal with the threat of terrorism, and the people they know that pose a threat to this country. No nibbles as much as u would like it to be a small thing, I am afraid it is not.

Surrey Bob's getting as bad as Valencia. The police ruled out terrorism fairly quickly - do you need a written effing explanation ffs? The area is but a stones throw from Kensington Palace and many embassies; so, you'd expect a high police presence in the area. Plus, Exhibition Road is a shared space thoroughfare, ie no pavements to mount where, in general, pedestrians have right of way.

And Billymaggot, you stop terrorist threats by not bombing the likes of Libya and then run off or not invade Iraq and proceed to dismantle the whole fabric of the place. The same goes for Afghanistan, where after all the military might, hundreds of thousands of deaths, we're back at square one with the Taliban back in control. You reap what you sow.

Wayne.Kerr - 8/10/2017 03:18

And Billymaggot, you stop terrorist threats by not bombing the likes of Libya and then run off or not invade Iraq and proceed to dismantle the whole fabric of the place. The same goes for Afghanistan, where after all the military might, hundreds of thousands of deaths, we're back at square one with the Taliban back in control. You reap what you sow.

The invasion of Iraq was in 2003, this wasn't the cause of the Mumbai bombings in 1993 (257 deaths), Luxor massacre in 1997 (62 deaths), US embassy bombings in Kenya in 1998 (224 deaths), and September 11th 2001(2,996 deaths). You have to stop making statements with no basis in fact

billymaggot - 8/10/2017 00:33
No nibbles as much as u would like it to be a small thing, I am afraid it is not.

What makes you think I don?t want it to be a big deal?

To be fair, for its own sake, the less media coverage it gets the better. I imagine there would be a lot of negative coverage were It to get nasty which is always a possibility with extremists like Robinson involved. That would put a lot of decent people off getting involved and ironically attract the attention of extremists from both sides. The FLA would do well to distance itself from these types (not that we?d see their statements in the media).

I feel for VamboGills. His heart must be in his mouth everytime someone mentions VG before posting a load of abuse :19:

Trev_GFC - 8/10/2017 09:53

I feel for VamboGills. His heart must be in his mouth everytime someone mentions VG before posting a load of abuse :19:

Haha! Perhaps that's why no one wanted to have a beer with me on another thread!
I'll get over it.

There was no invasion of Iraq in 1991; George Bush Snr. effectively stopped at the Kuwait border to allow Sadam to get on with his own business. Mumbai, a throwback to Kashmir and Britain's inability to become a separate state leaving Hindus and Muslims to fight over it ever since. Luxor: secular govt trying to stifle muslim extremists, who have since effectively come to power in Egypt mainly because we backed the wrong horse. 9/11: Saudi led attack because despite many warnings by Bin Laden, a previous ally of the US in Afghanistan against the Russian invasion, the US insisted on keeping troops in the Kingdom against the wishes of many - not to protect the people but the ready source of oil in that country. So, do your effing homework 3 x 6 and then come back and argue your point! And while you're about it, understand why Hamas was allowed to become so strong and how the British and French carved up the Ottoman empire more or less by drawing straight lines on maps to create a mess we're still reeling from.

Having pushed the Iraqis out of Kuwait the coalition forces with the exception of the Arab states crossed the border and moved into southern Iraq and were within just a couple of days of taking Baghdad.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e0/DesertStormMap_v2.svg/1280px-DesertStormMap_v2.svg.png

You said earlier that there was no invasion of Iraq in 1991, there was by American and coalition forces who entered the country from the south and halted their advance 150 miles south of Baghdad I am not really sure exactly how much proof you need to acknowledge that fact.

There was no invasion. There was no UN mandate to do so. Forces entered Iraq during the clean up operation to ensure there would be no further incursions by the Iraqis. The real problem came when we did invade later and tore Iraq apart making it fertile ground for the likes of Alqaida and you know where that got us.

3x6. As I said, Mumbai was due the Kashmir problem caused directly by the Brits leading up to the subcontinent's independence in 1947. It is those still irked by the Kashmir problem who are radicalising Brits of Pakistani origin who carried out the London bombings. You reap what you sow.

Foreign forces entering another country and engaging that countries forces are invading forces and that was the case in 1991.
You said yesterday at 1356 the coalition stopped at the Kuwait/Iraq border, THEY DID NOT, they crossed over and fought their way across southern Iraq for a distance of 150 miles half way to Baghdad.
It us recorded in HANSARD HOUSE OF COMMONS that in February 1991 the 3rd Battalion the ROYAL REGIMENT OF FUSILERS (RRF) had fought their way through southern Iraq in a convoy of 37 Warriors and Engineer vehicles and following a friendly fire incident Nine British soldiers were killed and eleven were injured when two Warriors were it by A-10 launched missiles.
My son in law was in the engineer detachment and when he returned was never the same person, he was scarred for his short life and passed away just a few years ago.
Saying they stopped at the border and did not enter Iraq was wrong, you are in denial, it was not a clean up operation they crossed over and invaded IRAQ to destroy the Iraqi forces.

Whitstabletangerine - 9/10/2017 15:44

Foreign forces entering another country and engaging that countries forces are invading forces and that was the case in 1991.
You said yesterday at 1356 the coalition stopped at the Kuwait/Iraq border, THEY DID NOT, they crossed over and fought their way across southern Iraq for a distance of 150 miles half way to Baghdad.
It us recorded in HANSARD HOUSE OF COMMONS that in February 1991 the 3rd Battalion the ROYAL REGIMENT OF FUSILERS (RRF) had fought their way through southern Iraq in a convoy of 37 Warriors and Engineer vehicles and following a friendly fire incident Nine British soldiers were killed and eleven were injured when two Warriors were it by A-10 launched missiles.
My son in law was in the engineer detachment and when he returned was never the same person, he was scarred for his short life and passed away just a few years ago.
Saying they stopped at the border and did not enter Iraq was wrong, you are in denial, it was not a clean up operation they crossed over and invaded IRAQ to destroy the Iraqi forces.

I have mates who fought there. They did not stop at the border. Don't let Wayne try to deceive.

Yes a big mistake but Iran was seen as a bigger threat by the West due mainly to lobbying by Israel. After that, there was chaos; the Ba'ath party dissolved; the army dismantled; corrupt politicians put in place by the US and Alqaida emerged from almost nothing in a country dominated by Shia to a force that killed countless thousands.