Yeovil v Villa, Haribo Cup, Tues 14th Aug @ 7.45pm | Page 2 | Vital Football

Yeovil v Villa, Haribo Cup, Tues 14th Aug @ 7.45pm

Nyland needs to play with the proposed back 4. Kodjia can play left wing with RHM as the centre forward and Green on the right. I'd send out a strong team so that they can use it as a practice match and learn more about each other.

nah it's meaningless shite -shame we can't just opt out.
Promotion is all that matters.
Play the keeper maybe
Play axle - to help with the must play x% games clause altho he's shite.
Rest codger and rhm as both are made of glass
Super Mac, Micah in his wheelchair, Tshish etc - I'm sure would love a trip to Yeovil - maybe Mr X could come to watch the game as well.

First team squad should be preparing for Ipswich

Every game should be used as an opportunity to stabilise the first IX.

I agree, winning team dont change it. Can you use the resting players reason after 2 games. In my humble opinion this makes them think they are fucking special, gives them an air of superiority over those taking their place.

PLAY THE WINNING TEAM AND WIN THE GAME

PRE-SEASON IS OVER.....

I think you have to pick Saturdays team first , then that influences team selection for tomorrow. I'm hoping we have a new striker by Saturday

nah it's meaningless shite -shame we can't just opt out.
Promotion is all that matters.
Play the keeper maybe
Play axle - to help with the must play x% games clause altho he's shite.
Rest codger and rhm as both are made of glass
Super Mac, Micah in his wheelchair, Tshish etc - I'm sure would love a trip to Yeovil - maybe Mr X could come to watch the game as well.

First team squad should be preparing for Ipswich
Agree with the sentiment. Waste of time competition, devalued by the FA and the so called top teams over the years.
If we have to enter it we should use it to try to sort out problem positions we have with our first team.
Couldnt really care if we win or lose, promotion is all that matters.
I know many on here will disagree, but going out of this competition will be one thing less to get in our way.

What confuses me about some of the comments is that Bruce often gets pelters for not giving the kids a chance, and yet when we have a game like this and the chance to play Bree, RHM, Doyle-Hayes etc.. for 90 minutes, some people are saying we need to go full strength.

Proof if any were needed that Bruce is always on a hiding to nothing as he'll never please everyone.

I dont care who the manager is I want the best first team on the pitch for every game.

I dont care who the manager is I want the best first team on the pitch for every game.

So the kids never get a chance then? Controversial. You only have to come on here to see how much the majority want to see Bruce give the kids a chance.

Got to agree Deano How are we going to know how good our loaned keeper is unless we try him in competitive game could be better than our no1 . Plus give some of the squad players a run out and keep em sharp long haul over the season never know when injuries might occur.

So the kids never get a chance then? Controversial. You only have to come on here to see how much the majority want to see Bruce give the kids a chance.

I dont want to see whole sale changes to the team irrespective of "kids"
Play the strongest team, put the kids in if the game is won... but starting with a team of youngsters could be to detriment of the result.

Agree with Deano too, this is one of the best opportunities for the young lions to give Bruce a headache.

I'd go 433 with a team of:

Nyland

Bree, Tuanzebe, Bedeau, Clark

Doyle-Hayes, Whelan, Lansbury

Adomah, Kodjia, O'Hare

I think that's a strong line up for a young squad vs Yeoville, I'd have Lyden on the bench to come on for Doyle-Hayes I'd also have Suliman on the bench to swap out for Tuanzebe if needed.

Last edited:
Clark, Bedeau and Knibbs are all starting for the under 23s tonight so I can't see them playing tomorrow. Suliman, JDH and RHM aren't in the squad though so I'd expect all 3 to play some part.

Well, this is the U23 lineup tonight which may give us some idea after seeing who has been left out.

[B]Aston Villa FC[/B]‏Verified account @[B]AVFCOfficial[/B] 9m9 minutes ago
More
The first #AVFC U23 line-up of the 2018/19 #PL2 season has landed. Here's who features at Walsall this evening... Sarkic, Clark, Revan, Bedeau (C), Bazeley-Graham, Clarke, Prosser, Cox, Rowe, Knibbs, Mooney. Subs: Lomax (GK), Pressley, Ramsey, Vassilev, Walker.

Apparently we will be wearing the 3rd kit Silhillvilla. Yeovil play in green and white I think so we can rule out that colour scheme.