Yeovil v Villa, Haribo Cup, Tues 14th Aug @ 7.45pm | Vital Football

Yeovil v Villa, Haribo Cup, Tues 14th Aug @ 7.45pm

JuanPabloAngel

Alert Team
So, our annual opportunity to chuck in the kids for a meaningless game.

Or do we leave in key players (Kodjia for form and fitness, Chester and Tuanzebe at CB to see what sort of partnership they can form, Nyland for more match time)?

Anyone going? Anyone care what happens?

I'd give a few of the kids a go certainly.

Moreira

Bree tuanzabe Elphick Clark
Whelan
Green JDH hourihane Adomah
RHM

Bunn, Suliman, de laet, thor, lansbury, Kodjia, Knibbs

Would be what I'd go for right now. Certainly I'd give tuanzabe a run at centre back, definitely start Clark, JDH and RHM.

I'd give a few of the kids a go certainly.

Moreira

Bree tuanzabe Elphick Clark
Whelan
Green JDH hourihane Adomah
RHM

Bunn, Suliman, de laet, thor, lansbury, Kodjia, Knibbs

Would be what I'd go for right now. Certainly I'd give tuanzabe a run at centre back, definitely start Clark, JDH and RHM.

Agree with most of that JW1985, except as Ironside says Kodjia upfront and possibly De Laet at right back. Nyland needs confidence as well.

Think Bruce has to work out who he trusts to partner Chester and stick with it for at least three or four games, therefore Tuanzebe/Elphick a must for this game. He must see that Jedi is not a centre back surely?

3rd year in a row that we've been on TV in the opening round of the league Cup. I've gone for RHM up front Northamptonvillan as I think he's looked decent enough in his 2 cameos so far to have earned a start in the cup. De laet over bree I would be OK with as with Nyland over Moreira. I would like to see what Moreira is like though.

Play Kodjia, get him some goals and confidence.

Give some of the kids a chance, but put out a team that's more than capable of beating a team like Yeovil. Not going to be much benefit to anyone getting humiliated live on television.

111 tickets left this morning,
Bruce says there will be changes to the team.
I wouldn't like to preempt what they will be

I’d like to see the kids play. Surprised there are tickets left, we do have a some good support in the south west.

I would go for:

Nyland
De Laet / Tuanzebe / Elphick (c) / Taylor
Elmohamady / Bjarnason / Lansbury / Adomah
Kodjia / RHM

Subs - doesn't matter

We will win 2-0 whoever plays.

Moriera
Bree, Elphick, Suliman, Clark
Doyle-Hayes, Lyden, Lansbury
Albert, Kodjia, RHM

No need to risk many 1st teamers, our back up players should still be too much for Yeovil. Only exception would be I'd probably play Kodjia to hopefully get him the goal that he desperately needs. I'd rather keep the rest of the team fresh for Ipswich on Saturday

There is an argument to say in this game, simply because it is so close to the start of the season, it would be advisable to play Nyland in goal, with Tuanzebe next to Chester with DeLaet at rightback and Hutton at leftback, which could be the back line for the majority of league games.
This would give Nyland an extra game to get accustomed to his probable backline and Tuanzebe game time in his favoured position.
Agree wholeheartedly with those saying Kodjia should play. It will help him get matchfit and could help his confidence if he manages to score.
Be nice if Doyle-Hayes and Green and RHM get time too.

We have to win. The negativity when we lost last season with a very poorly put together side was huge.

There's a good argument for sticking with Nyland to give him game time. Definitely a good match to give Lansbury a go. Not sure about Kodjia up front; Bruce has probably a better idea than any of us what the right thing to do is. If not him, reckon it's worth giving Knibbs a bash; should at least be on the bench. RHM should start. O'Hare on the bench if he's recovered enough, and Hayes.

Agree, nyland should play to give him game time under a lower pressure match. He needs this to help settle his nerves and build confidence at his new club.

Kodjia too needs a goal to kick start his season, ideal match to do so. Even if he only plays 45mins.

Tuanzebe at CB, lets how he looks.

It was 2 years ago that we got humiliated by Luton McParlandTheGreat. Last year we beat Colchester in round 1 then Wigan in round 2. Played a lot of the younger lads in those games as well. No need to play a whole team of youngsters but a mix of youth and experience should surely see us through against Yeovil.

Play Kodjia, play Nyland (more chance to settle in) but yes a couple of youngsters sprinkled into the starting eleven would be ideal I feel.

To me this isn’t an important match and against lower opposition we should win even with a slightly weakened side. I’d definitely rest Chester and Grealish if nothing else but really if we made 8 or 9 changes I wouldn’t be bothered and would look forward to seeing if the fringe players can step up.

No idea what the side will be but whatever eleven we put out should be too much for Yeovil.
As ever every competition we enter we should take very seriously.