WW3? | Page 114 | Vital Football

WW3?

Probably as much as these things ever are. I don't know anything really about Turkish elections but they say Erdogan is under pressure from the mayor of Istanbul.
The elections out there are rigged. He’s also a hardcore Islamist and has almost a demented level of support among this base. They love him as he has succeeded in taking that country backwards from a democracy to a practical theocracy.

He managed to survive a coup a few years ago so an election will be small potatoes.

Russians appear to be celebrating the taking of a solitary steel factory way too much :lol:. The blues of international war.

That is one huge victory when you are looking at taking over a country of 233,000 sq miles :loser:.

The elections out there are rigged. He’s also a hardcore Islamist and has almost a demented level of support among this base. They love him as he has succeeded in taking that country backwards from a democracy to a practical theocracy.

He managed to survive a coup a few years ago so an election will be small potatoes.

It seems extreme religious conservatism and nationalism isn’t just a western problem then.

Russians appear to be celebrating the taking of a solitary steel factory way too much :lol:. The blues of international war.

That is one huge victory when you are looking at taking over a country of 233,000 sq miles :loser:.

Perhaps for the greater the good we let them celebrate.

As I understand it, the Azov fighters do have a few with some extreme beliefs, which Russia has extrapolated to the whole country. Russia needs to celebrate a few wins in order for the war to stop, otherwise Putin is left red faced and I can safely say he won’t stop until he thinks he has made a point of strength.

Who knows what will happen to those fighters, they’ll probably be tortured Russia or at best exchanged for thousands of more Russian fighters locked up in the Ukraine.

For the greater good, if that win then means the pulling back from Ukraine which avoids more devastating weapons then perhaps they can do the equivalent of retiring the number 22 shirt, celebrating taking a few months to take a steel works.

I see Sleepy Joe has put his foot in it again. This idiot needs to be put out to pasture ASAP.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-61548531
The Americans obviously have a great track record of success in that region don't they?

Honestly a part of me sympathises, I hate China, I hate it's aggression towards Taiwan, but this talk is seriously dangerous. It incentivises a proper pealing off of a new axis of evil (e.g. Russia-China vs the rest) and will plunge the world into, well, a proper World War involving major nuclear powers (Russia/ US).

We are in seriously dangerous times.

The Americans obviously have a great track record of success in that region don't they?

Honestly a part of me sympathises, I hate China, I hate it's aggression towards Taiwan, but this talk is seriously dangerous. It incentivises a proper pealing off of a new axis of evil (e.g. Russia-China vs the rest) and will plunge the world into, well, a proper World War involving major nuclear powers (Russia/ US).

We all hated Trump but at least he was so self-centred that he didn't give a fuck about the outside world. Biden seems to be going full gun for WW3.

No no no. It's only extreme right wingers who love a good war. ERM. ERM.

Well I will rephrase. It's only patriotic slightly right swinging people who will fight in a war.

We all hated Trump but at least he was so self-centred that he didn't give a fuck about the outside world. Biden seems to be going full gun for WW3.
Wait what? He nearly instigated nuclear war with N. Korea over Twitter and constantly agitated for bombing the shit out of Iran for virtually no reason.

Wait what? He nearly instigated nuclear war with N. Korea over Twitter and constantly agitated for bombing the shit out of Iran for virtually no reason.

He didn't actually do any of it though. He was just talking a load of shit, as he always does.

I don't expect the President to know everything. He has teams upon teams of people working for him to make sure he has the best advice going. That's true of both Republicans and Democrats.

So either Biden is being advised to do away with strategic ambiguity and have a poke at China or he has gone off script completely and ruined years of delicate strategic positioning. I'm not sure which is more worrying.

He didn't actually do any of it though. He was just talking a load of shit, as he always does.
You seem to be giving Trump a free pass for the same stuff you're criticising Biden for.

What the US president says about military intervention with other countries always matters.

I agree Biden needs to be sure of his position if he's saying he'll intervene for Taiwan, but that goes with thinking Trump was reckless in the extreme baiting North Korea and a completely belligerent Iran.

So either Biden is being advised to do away with strategic ambiguity and have a poke at China or he has gone off script completely and ruined years of delicate strategic positioning. I'm not sure which is more worrying.
I think the international community's response to Ukraine has caught China off guard and Biden is (with or without advice) deciding to press an advantage in the current climate.

You seem to be giving Trump a free pass for the same stuff you're criticising Biden for.

What the US president says about military intervention with other countries always matters.

I agree Biden needs to be sure of his position if he's saying he'll intervene for Taiwan, but that goes with thinking Trump was reckless in the extreme baiting North Korea and a completely belligerent Iran.

I don't think anyone ever took Trump's threats seriously. The clown even tweeted a picture of a US Naval group saying it was heading to North Korea when it was doing no such thing.

Trump would say one thing one day and the opposite the next day.

Biden is no clown.

I think the international community's response to Ukraine has caught China off guard and Biden is (with or without advice) deciding to press an advantage in the current climate.

Perhaps I don't have the full set of facts but I can't see the advantage in goading China.

I don't think anyone ever took Trump's threats seriously. The clown even tweeted a picture of a US Naval group saying it was heading to North Korea when it was doing no such thing.

Trump would say one thing one day and the opposite the next day.

Biden is no clown.
If a leader of a country is making military threats against you, the only option is to treat them seriously, no matter what you think of them personally.