Would you take a draw? | Vital Football

Would you take a draw?

Would you take a draw now?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Given our lack of potency going forward, I'd take a draw and take a chance, which I think would be better than 50/50 of staying up.

Given NH's improvements defensively, playing for a draw may seem more realistic than expecting to beat a contender for Champion....

.....but if Fleetwood score an early goal, settling for a draw would have to change immediately.

And it would be worse if Gills are cruising towards a draw and Fleetwood score a very late equaliser.

Rotherham don’t have the best record at Priestfield, but I don’t think that’s relevant when they’ve been one of the best two teams in the division all season and Gills have been one of the 5/6 worst.
I’m sure we’ll set out to keep it tight, waste time where possible, frustrate Rotherham etc.
The worst thing would be to concede early like we did v Portsmouth.
A draw could well be enough given Fleetwood’s tough fixture, but I don’t know whether this team is good enough to do that.

Yes because Fleetwood’s away record is even worse (albeit very marginally) than our home record (which is the worst in the league)!

Years ago home and away stats were differentiated in league tables. These days it is almost impossible to find tables that don’t merge the two.

We need to be tighter than whatever is proverbially exceptionally tight and only adjust if we fall behind, irrespective of what happens in the Fleetwood game. Just because they go ahead for example does not guarantee they will stay ahead or draw. If by midway through the second half they are ahead then we probably should adjust carefully if we haven’t already fallen behind. But if it get to the last ten minutes…

There's an app called Footmob that I use and you can get home and away leagues.
If you're interested..........
Screenshot_20220427-043415_FotMob.jpgScreenshot_20220427-043429_FotMob.jpg

Interesting that our results are almost identical but our away form is just slightly better in comparison to others. Worryingly, if life is going to show exact symmetry, we will lose Saturday to match the 11 away defeats 😪

Rotherham don’t have the best record at Priestfield, but I don’t think that’s relevant when they’ve been one of the best two teams in the division all season and Gills have been one of the 5/6 worst.
I’m sure we’ll set out to keep it tight, waste time where possible, frustrate Rotherham etc.
The worst thing would be to concede early like we did v Portsmouth.
A draw could well be enough given Fleetwood’s tough fixture, but I don’t know whether this team is good enough to do that.

Bloody hell Lark. This is no time to be rational and sensible ;)

Surely a team should always try to win a game. Not sure how you can deliberately play for a draw, but with our home form, that's certainly not going to work. Even if we win, it still might not be enough, so surely a draw would be no use to us at all...

Of course what the season long stats do not factor in is performances only under NH. One positive stat is that Rotherham are below mid table based on points from the last 8 games only (10 to our 7). We have 3 points at home from these (crucially not having lost) and 4 away (but 5 were away games). So I would say our home form has improved with more points per game at home. Rotherham have 9 at home and only 1 away - only from 3 away games though, but they lost 3-0 to Portsmouth, 2-0 to Burton and drew 1-1 with Sunderland.

I've just noticed that Rotherham have the best defence in the league - 10 goals better than the 2nd best team. 0-0 here we come

Yes because Fleetwood’s away record is even worse (albeit very marginally) than our home record (which is the worst in the league)!

Years ago home and away stats were differentiated in league tables. These days it is almost impossible to find tables that don’t merge the two.

We need to be tighter than whatever is proverbially exceptionally tight and only adjust if we fall behind, irrespective of what happens in the Fleetwood game. Just because they go ahead for example does not guarantee they will stay ahead or draw. If by midway through the second half they are ahead then we probably should adjust carefully if we haven’t already fallen behind. But if it get to the last ten minutes…
This is a good site.

https://www.soccerstats.com/homeaway.asp?league=england3

My prediction was 0-0 I think there is every chance it will end that way.Will it be enough?It is impossible to know but without the forward line I am not sure how we can play any different than defensively. Neil had a almost impossible task and that appears to have continued to the end .

I'm not setting targets or hoping for a particular set of results at least in part because such plans can be blown apart in minutes. I am hoping for a performance from us similar to that against Sheffield Wednesday. That would give us a good chance of survival.