Would you take a draw? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Would you take a draw?

Would you take a draw now?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Nope - get at `em, I say.

There`s little doubt that Rotherham have the more skillful line-up, but Saturday`s game may well come down to who puts the most effort in, who wants it more.

It`s a one off, eleven v eleven - play positive and play like it`s a cup final - you can keep yer one point, we`re gonna play for three !!!!

What exactly are going to get at them with? we've only got Oliver up front as any sort of outlet. we've got a half decent midfield who are totally fuskd and a defence.
I've no doubt Gills will fight to the bitter end with what we've got but realistically there can only be one outcome.
Doesn't stop me cheering them on and hoping for the best.
Also the Doc has upped my heart meds.

What exactly are going to get at them with? we've only got Oliver up front as any sort of outlet. we've got a half decent midfield who are totally fuskd and a defence.
I've no doubt Gills will fight to the bitter end with what we've got but realistically there can only be one outcome.

Sadly this is true. We are looking weaker and weaker going forward and our team is generally threadbare with a small squad anyway decimated by injury and tiredness. All Harris can do is what he has done for his time with us, get us organised defensively sounds and give us that chance of a sneaking a 1-0, 0-0 and 1-1, which we are capable of and may well be enough. However, odds are against us and rightly so - we haven't won in 6 and, despite Harris's good record, we haven't beaten anyone in the top half. We have drawn with a couple of decent teams under NH, so I think the best we can hope for is nicking a draw and hoping Fleetwood lose which, given that they are useless, must also be knackered and mentally gone, that could well happen, but we are relying on a team with nothing to play for in Bolton, who could easily be on the beach by now.

I think being patient early on makes sense. As has been said we can try to hit them with all the senior forwards in our squad from the off .But when that is just Oliver it makes it difficult.The longer we keep them quiet the better staying in the game and see how things work out .Hopefully we will get a opportunity or two as the game pans out. Rotherham have been in poor form we have to try to use that to our advantage.

Not saying you're wrong, Archie. But, I'm glad you won't be doing the pre game Team Talk 😜

I’m sure agent Dempsey will do us a favour regarding Bolton v Fleetwood.

Sadly, given that he spent longer with Fleetwood than us, I suspect their fans may be thinking the same thing.

Alternatively, they may be thinking that he's nailed on to score the winner against them and send them down!

Sadly, given that he spent longer with Fleetwood than us, I suspect their fans may be thinking the same thing.

Alternatively, they may be thinking that he's nailed on to score the winner against them and send them down!

Don`t think that anyone at Bolton will be looking to do Fleetwood any favours - Wanderers have a good team and i`m expecting them to beat the Cod Army.

Not even sure Kyle will be playing, or starting anyway. He doesn’t appear to have featured much recently.

Having been firmly against playing for a draw....
If late on, Fleetwood are 2 down, then there may be a case for playing it safe.

But that should not mean all 11 Gills in our half - allowing loads of possession by a better team.

Similarly, lumping the ball to a lone Oliver - with the likelihood of losing possession invites counter-attack.

Of course if MK are losing by 2 goals at Plymouth, then Rotherham can also relax.

If, buts and clutching at straws ...?:oops:

"Would you take a draw" isn't "playing for a draw".

There are 2 options

Option 1 - take 1 point
Option 2 - play the game, and either get 0 points, 1 point or 3 points, depending on result.

I chose option 1, much more chance of getting 0 points than 3, and 1 point may be enough based on the fact of how bad Fleetwood have been

"Would you take a draw" isn't "playing for a draw".

There are 2 options

Option 1 - take 1 point
Option 2 - play the game, and either get 0 points, 1 point or 3 points, depending on result.

I chose option 1, much more chance of getting 0 points than 3, and 1 point may be enough based on the fact of how bad Fleetwood have been
Yeah this is how the question was meant. Would you accept a draw knowing it might be enough rather than risking a loss which isn't.

Not let's sit back and hope we draw but would you take a draw after 90 mins of football whether it's 0-0 or 4-4.

Yeah this is how the question was meant. Would you accept a draw knowing it might be enough rather than risking a loss which isn't.

Not let's sit back and hope we draw but would you take a draw after 90 mins of football whether it's 0-0 or 4-4.
Can I tell you in the 95th minute when we know all the other results?