Words you like, words you don't like. | Page 3 | Vital Football

Words you like, words you don't like.

dislike

Uber - where the bloody hell did "Uber" come from, took over from the nearly as bad "ultra"
Lush - mainly the welsh say it, but it grinds me.

anything in football that has been americanised, eg:

normal time is now "regulation time"
injury time is now "added time"

and so on

The word 'philosophy' in football. really does my head.

When discussing formations we always used to talk about 'tactics' and 'style of play', nowadays everyone always talks about a football philosophy. Does my nut in.

Trying to make Harry Redknapp sound like Plato.

holtelower - 12/11/2013 12:02

"feck" "fecking"

Good way of letting it out and getting away with not swearing.

i would put those words down as ones i hate. If you want to swear then just swear.... no point in putting feck and fecking because people know what you really mean anyway. Just use the word fuck!

DeanoVilla - 12/11/2013 09:41

Like - Xmas
Dislike - Christmas

Don't like the way what is supposed to be a fun and happy time of year is ruined by religious conotations.

:15:

Without turning this into another religious thread(as this is not my intention) but I would just like to pick up on this post.

If you ever have any children and they attend primary school - surely belief or no belief, watching them participate in the school nativity play is a nice thing to happen..Without sounding like a sissy I had to hold back tears when I watched my kids take part..It really brought out the Xmas spirit for all the parents and makes one realise Christmas is not just about money and the like, as those memories are priceless.

Barney2004 - 12/11/2013 12:15

"feck" "fecking"

i would put those words down as ones i hate. If you want to swear then just swear.... no point in putting feck and fecking because people know what you really mean anyway. Just use the word fuck!

Feck off :5:

DeanoVilla - 12/11/2013 09:41

Like - Xmas
Dislike - Christmas

Don't like the way what is supposed to be a fun and happy time of year is ruined by religious conotations.

:15:
:80: :80:

The Fear - 12/11/2013 17:02

Dislike the word project when referring to Villa.

So you get annoyed at these poor kids who want to interview "fan spokesman"Jonathan Fear for their Aton Villa project? You miserable git! :5: :5: lol

holtelower - 12/11/2013 12:52

Barney2004 - 12/11/2013 12:15

"feck" "fecking"

Feck off :5:

:13: :17:

I love the word Teasy - we use it in Cornwall, it means that someone's wound up and annoyed - you see, best leave him alone he's teasy ha ha.