Word Cup boycott? | Page 7 | Vital Football

Word Cup boycott?

I suggest a new episode of Morse being made: a man is killed with a chopstick, Morse turns up and blames the Chinese, the whole thing is over and done with in 5 mins.

You don't get it VG do you. Putin and his extreme right wing pals are taking the piss not me. Right wing pals such as the leaders of Austria, Hungary AND Poland. And yes, I do feel it is laughable to send 150 troops into Poland. How many million Russian soldiers perished in WW2 and there's plenty more where they came from.

With the Putin propaganda machine in full swing, May, Johnson and Williamson will have helped Putin get just a bit more support in the Russian elections without reverting to underhanded methods.

jokerman - 17/3/2018 15:43

Do you see breaking relations as punishing Russia or as a moral gesture? It's my view that when things are sticky, that's when you need the channels open, if only to get information.

Its totally a moral gesture. Like suspending a naughty kid from school for a few days.

In a few weeks the diplomats on both sides will be back, it will be done quietly and no one in the public will know.

If either side were serious then they would shut their embassies and withdraw all diplomatic staff but that takes you down a road no one wants to consider.

Its all a bit pointless really, unless it avoids an escalation to the point of real conflict - that's something we need to avoid.

jokerman - 17/3/2018 15:43

Do you see breaking relations as punishing Russia or as a moral gesture? It's my view that when things are sticky, that's when you need the channels open, if only to get information.

Its totally a moral gesture. Like suspending a naughty kid from school for a few days.

In a few weeks the diplomats on both sides will be back, it will be done quietly and no one in the public will know.

If either side were serious then they would shut their embassies and withdraw all diplomatic staff but that takes you down a road no one wants to consider.

Its all a bit pointless really, unless it avoids an escalation to the point of real conflict - that's something we need to avoid.

Interesting that John McDonnell has distanced himself from Corbyn re Russia. And you don't get much bigger political Allies than those two. Maybe he senses that he could take over as leader.