Woodyard | Page 18 | Vital Football

Woodyard

I’m starting to feel sorry for Alex the more I read about this. Just seems like a dreadful decision for someone with such talent.

As the player that followed the Cowleys everywhere you have to wonder what happened to make him want fo
play for Evans above all the other 7/8 options lauded to. Was there any fall out between Cowley / Woodyard? ... You’d have thought Cowley would have advised that under no circumstances would anyone in their right mind play for Evans to progress their career. Especially not someone that appeared to have the relationship that Alex had with Danny.

Despite what McAnthony has tweeted and the right things to say in his interview. I imagine money plays a part followed closely by location.

The rumour about a Championship club coming in late... if it was Ipswich with Hurst that could have been a great fit. Just speculating though.

Just watched the interview on the PU site.
Alex didn't look to sad to be moving on.
No goodbyes to the Imps fans etc. :wave::wave:

Let's face it Alex doesn't come across as the brightest (not many players do). But I seriously think he's got this one wrong. He can't know much about the history of these jokers. Ipswich or Posh? mmmmm now let me think.

I wish Alex all the very best as he moves onwards and upwards. One of the catalysts in getting us back in league football (FGR away and a vital goal in that 3-2 win). I will certainly be watching his progress moving forward. All the very best Alex, you gave 100% and will be fondly remembered for it. I wish you nothing but the best.

I wish Alex all the very best as he moves onwards and upwards. One of the catalysts in getting us back in league football (FGR away and a vital goal in that 3-2 win). I will certainly be watching his progress moving forward. All the very best Alex, you gave 100% and will be fondly remembered for it. I wish you nothing but the best.

I agree with these sentiments 100%. I can't help feeling he's made a poor choice but hope he proves me wrong. He owes us nothing, I wish him all the best. We now have a stable infrastructure at this club which means no player is indispensable. Our journey will continue without Alex
UTI

You get home from work and the first thing you see is Woodyard in a Posh shirt. This was a surprise. Not in the fact he's moved on and up the league ladder and not because it's Posh. It would be an OK move, but for one massive factor. Evans. Why any footballer would play for him, regardless of money I can't fathom. Good luck to Alex, but I think a retrograde step in his development under this management. What a contrast to his previous four years. He must have received a massive signing on fee and doubled his salary.
Good business for us and it could well be the catalyst to that more dynamic forward play. I am sure the Cowleys will have a replacement lined up and/or adjustment in style at the ready.

Just watched the interview on the PU site.
Alex didn't look to sad to be moving on.
No goodbyes to the Imps fans etc. :wave::wave:

Haven't seen it myself but the other thread has a comment that he spoke very highly of our time with us. Anyway I wouldn't expect a press conference at Peterborough to be focusing on his time with us. They tend to be directed matters and Posh would be directing the questions and answers towards them not us

Let's face it Alex doesn't come across as the brightest (not many players do). But I seriously think he's got this one wrong. He can't know much about the history of these jokers. Ipswich or Posh? mmmmm now let me think.

We don't know exactly what has gone on with the move. Perhaps he had given his word to Peterborough before Ipswich made contact. I know that this is a word not often used in football nowadays but Alex always came across as a genuine guy so possibly he has bucked a trend.

Also he may have considered what has happened with Raggett since his move to Norfolk. I am certain he will be a starter for Peterborough though possibly benchwarming at Portman Road.

All guess work of course

Good luck to him gave us two great seasons but no player is bigger than the club hopefully bring in 2/3 quality players for next season

It is true Alex owes us nothing. He has been one of the players who have been instrumental in our rise up the Leagues. But this is how football works and makes financial sense all round. Now we need to move forwards yet again and bring players in to improve us even more.
This is going to be an interesting few weeks in the transfer market.

Good luck to Alex he has been superb and in a few years we’ll be calling him a legend. I’m sure Danny has a plan and saw this coming. Strange decision going to work with Evans - even I would turn that down - even if he finally spotted my wicked right foot at 47 and offered me a contract and some of his pies.

To those expressing surprise that Alex has joined Evans, football is a funny old business. All I will say is Mo Johnstone once signed for Glasgow Rangers!!!!!

We don't know exactly what has gone on with the move. Perhaps he had given his word to Peterborough before Ipswich made contact. I know that this is a word not often used in football nowadays but Alex always came across as a genuine guy so possibly he has bucked a trend.

Also he may have considered what has happened with Raggett since his move to Norfolk. I am certain he will be a starter for Peterborough though possibly benchwarming at Portman Road.

All guess work of course
Agree with the game time comment. Aw strikes me as someone that loves playing, rather than being a squad member.

So, we now see a side effect of not going up. I am sure that Woodyard wanted progression and would have stayed with us in league 1. Worth noting for those that were saying the playoffs were a ‘free hit’, and that we weren’t ready for promotion.

On the plus side, I hope we recruit a left sided midfielder as replacement... bostwick is seriously one-footed, and freck never looked happy on the left side of the three.

I know people who have met Woodyard through work and let's just say "not the brightest" is putting it mildly. Unfortunately I think he's just listened to what his agent told him to do and gone along with it.