Woodyard | Page 17 | Vital Football

Woodyard

We don’t have that many strikers! Rhead signed a new deal so if that’s true either Palmer wants to start somewhere or Green unhappy at playing on the right? All under contract...

There may well be another exit shortly too, a striker has requested to leave.... But let's face it we lacked quality in the final 3rd last season, so may not be a bad thing.

This will be very unpopular but.... now Alex has gone I hope (if true) this is Rhead. If we are going for a more attacking approach we need pace up top and whilst Rhead’s at the club I can’t see us moving away from lump it up to the big man football. This isn’t meant to discredit his impact I just don’t see us becoming a footballing side whilst we are significantly short of pace.

I think he was average since the Luton situation in January and the last 5/6 games didn't seem at it all shirking tackles etc. I am sure he will do well at Peterborough, but he hasnt wanted to be here for a little while and therefore him leaving is for the best. All about opinions

Can’t disagree he hasn’t set the world alight but I think all season he was just slightly less ‘stand out’ than he was in the Conference. Think it was just the role he was doing. Don’t think he shirked a tackle though!

This will be very unpopular but.... now Alex has gone I hope (if true) this is Rhead. If we are going for a more attacking approach we need pace up top and whilst Rhead’s at the club I can’t see us moving away from lump it up to the big man football. This isn’t meant to discredit his impact I just don’t see us becoming a footballing side whilst we are significantly short of pace.

New contract new year time. Don’t see how it could be

How long does Ollie Palmer have left on his contract?
Can't see him wanting to have another season as super sub!

1 year. Not sure many will be after him for a fee despite a good impact in the run-in.

I was surprised he didn’t feature more v Exeter though having played so well in the league.

Reactions: NT
I think he was average since the Luton situation in January and the last 5/6 games didn't seem at it all shirking tackles etc. I am sure he will do well at Peterborough, but he hasnt wanted to be here for a little while and therefore him leaving is for the best. All about opinions

Like you say it's all about opinions and I don't agree with yours, but a forum like this would be boring if everyone agreed.

As a side point I note that you have signed up here today and have alluded to having your ear very close to comings and goings at the club. I think you should have added your surname to your user name as I appreciate that close season can get a bit slow

Can’t disagree he hasn’t set the world alight but I think all season he was just slightly less ‘stand out’ than he was in the Conference. Think it was just the role he was doing. Don’t think he shirked a tackle though!

The referee's have Rheady sussed.
I great wholehearted lad but constant bickering with refs breaks the flow of our game,every decision against him right or wrong has never been overturned.

Like you say it's all about opinions and I don't agree with yours, but a forum like this would be boring if everyone agreed.

As a side point I note that you have signed up here today and have alluded to having your ear very close to comings and goings at the club. I think you should have added your surname to your user name as I appreciate that close season can get a bit slow
What does my surname have to do with it lol?

Well one thing is certain signing a 2yr deal he gets put on the transfer list with a year to go! Pish policy!

I’m starting to feel sorry for Alex the more I read about this. Just seems like a dreadful decision for someone with such talent.

As the player that followed the Cowleys everywhere you have to wonder what happened to make him want fo
play for Evans above all the other 7/8 options lauded to. Was there any fall out between Cowley / Woodyard? ... You’d have thought Cowley would have advised that under no circumstances would anyone in their right mind play for Evans to progress their career. Especially not someone that appeared to have the relationship that Alex had with Danny.

Is there anything from Danny on this yet?
(I do realise he is on holiday!)