Will Wright Signs for Crawley | Page 2 | Vital Football

Will Wright Signs for Crawley

12-15th at worst!
A good manager is not enough if you get decent footballers like Glenn Morris and Tom Nichols to name two who were desperate to escape the mad cap club.Almost everything about that club stinks.The latest escape was Jake who would prefer to play non League I think that sum up Crawley at present.

He wasn’t going to feature much so best for all parties.
All the best for the future Will 👍
Excellent with a dead ball.
A tad lightweight for the cut and thrust of the EFL.

Spot on. One of our best set piece takers but hard to see him getting many games as likely to be fourth choice CB.

At his stage of his career he needs to playing regularly.

Good luck to him.

A good manager is not enough if you get decent footballers like Glenn Morris and Tom Nichols to name two who were desperate to escape the mad cap club.Almost everything about that club stinks.The latest escape was Jake who would prefer to play non League I think that sum up Crawley at present.
Think you need to look at the background story at who were supporting John Yems after the racism case and how quickly they were moved out or sent out on loan! No names were mentioned, but obvious when you see who have left the club! These players were sold/ sent out on loan/ contracts mutually terminated mostly before Scott Lindsey arrived or leaving at the end of their contracts!

Think you need to look at the background story at who were supporting John Yems after the racism case and how quickly they were moved out or sent out on loan! No names were mentioned, but obvious when you see who have left the club!

All their best players were racist-supporters? What are the chances!

All their best players were racist-supporters? What are the chances!
Nichols was sold for good money, not because of the racism issue! Didnt work along Telford so was sold! About a dozen of Yems players were binned off! Still had a decent squad to get safe after being written off in January!

Nichols was sold for good money, not because of the racism issue! Didnt work along Telford so was sold! About a dozen of Yems players were binned off! Still had a decent squad to get safe after being written off in January!

What about Nadesan? And Morris? You say they’re all tactical but no fans agree with you, and they very nearly got relegated after letting Nichols go.

I know you’ve got a connection to Scott Lindsay and therefore have some inside info as well as some bias, but if he’s that great a coach, he won’t be at Crawley very long - he’d be off his rocker to be there. One way or another, he won’t be there by the end of the season (in my opinion). Maybe they’ll prove us all wrong and you right, but I know where I’d put my money.

The second half of last season Nadesan played in a role off Telford when Scott played a 4-4-1-1, but pre season he has played a 3-4-1-2 formation with the four in midfield comprising of the two wing backs playing high with a narrow front two with a number 10 in behind them! Nadesan didnt start any games in pre season in this formation as the two wing backs are providing the width!

No surprise for me, been pretty clear he was the one leaving since the weekend, didn’t feature vs Dagenham and Harris hadn’t said he was injured. He also wasn’t at the Priestfield training day yesterday.
The only slight surprise is it’s a permanent move rather than a loan, and the timing isn’t great with the injury situation, but it does free up a spot for someone else to come in.

Everyone talks about his good dead ball delivery, his set pieces could be excellent, but as a defender he was the weakest one in the squad. Particularly bad at defending crosses. He was a regular in the side up until Xmas last season when we got 7 points, and then from January until the end of the season the team picked up massively when he was out of the XI. Not all down to him of course, but Masterson to him was a night and day difference.

Crawley is a good move for him as he’ll get more minutes and another chance to prove that he’s a league standard player.

No surprise for me, been pretty clear he was the one leaving since the weekend, didn’t feature vs Dagenham and Harris hadn’t said he was injured. He also wasn’t at the Priestfield training day yesterday.
The only slight surprise is it’s a permanent move rather than a loan, and the timing isn’t great with the injury situation, but it does free up a spot for someone else to come in.

Everyone talks about his good dead ball delivery, his set pieces could be excellent, but as a defender he was the weakest one in the squad. Particularly bad at defending crosses. He was a regular in the side up until Xmas last season when we got 7 points, and then from January until the end of the season the team picked up massively when he was out of the XI. Not all down to him of course, but Masterson to him was a night and day difference.

Crawley is a good move for him as he’ll get more minutes and another chance to prove that he’s a league standard player.
May have only had 7 points, but even Neil Harris said on his chat with Matt from GITB the team didnt concede a massive amount of goals in the league before the form improved in the second half of the season!

Probably a decent signing for them. I think Scott Lindsay (ex Gill) is a good manager but he has his work cut out there and anyone that finishes below Crawley this year will be in quite a lot of trouble.

the timing isn’t great with the injury situation, but it does free up a spot for someone else to come in.
I am hoping this is a positive sign on the injury front. Surely Masterson can’t be too bad if we are willing to let our only spare CB go? Either that or somebody else is on the way in to strengthen the defence.
as a defender he was the weakest one in the squad. Particularly bad at defending crosses.
I think this sums up his play perfectly. Shame because I really wanted him to do well so we had his set pieces in the team but sadly his defending was just not up to scratch.

Definitely the right choice for him. Effectively our 4th Choice CB which is his natural position and then 3rd Choice RB where more often than not he was a fish out of water. Was unlikely to play much this season unless we reverted to a 3 at the back and one of Ehmer, Masterson or Ogie got injured. Having Gale & Giles as talented youngsters being able to play there along with McKenzie, Clark, Dieng & Hawkins also able to fill in at CB if required we're more than fine for cover in that area.

Don`t think many would disagree with that. I often wondered whether Wright, who has shown excellent quality with his dead ball delivery, might have gone on to better things had he not been a defender. If remould is in his locker, perhaps, with the help of a supportive coach Wright, could become a more valuable asset.