Will Grigg to Sunderland | Vital Football

Will Grigg to Sunderland

Marksparko

Vital 1st Team Regular
I know no one from the club will read this but on the off-chance......If this happens then MARK MY F***ING WORDS I WILL NEVER STEP FOOT IN THE DW STADIUM AGAIN!!!!!

The amount of times I’ve seen us sell good players to bring worse (and more expensive) ones in is beyond me. Just stop f***ing doing it you stupid bunch of pricks. I’m honestly done if this happens, had enough of wasting money on it. Will support from afar but won’t get another penny from me to be spent on shite replacements for good players.

Cooky, thought you were the man but if this happens you’re to blame for not playing him. Jackson piss off too and the Royles and whoever the hell else is involved in the shambles now. Just everyone piss the piss off and piss off. Bunch of stupid idiots I’m sick of this shite, KEEP OUR GOOD PLAYERS, SELL THE SHIT ONES it’s really not that hard!

..I hear you.

Unless a proven, Championship quality striker is passing Grigg as he exits the DW lobby, then this an utterly appalling decision.

This might well have rubber-stamped our relegation, as I seriously doubt we’ll bring in anyone better on our minuscule budget.

I didn’t enjoy writing a single word of that, but it needs saying. Rubbish.

Sunderland and every L1 club would love Grigg but will they put a suitable offer in? At the moment there is apparently no contact so dont get too down yet.

Personally i think our chances of going down are very high at the moment and having a guaranteed 20+ goal striker at that level will help us bounce back. Finding a replacement for Grigg who can guarantee goals in L1 judging on our recruitment record is so bad is not a risk i feel comfortable with. Realistically no one is going to offer much more than 1m for that I'd keep him and try to offload Vaughan, Windass and Garner instead if we need to free up space on the wage bill.

Didn't see a fee just a rumour of it being a loan earlier today. I can't see why we'd considering loaning him, as we wouldn't receive anything to strengthen right now. Minimal at best, like King say's above Wigan today say's no contact.

No contact;
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wi...-despite-sunderland-speculation-1-9526506/amp

Loan link;
https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/01/08/report-sunderland-want-wigan-athletics-will-grigg/

By the way isn't Vaughan out of contract at the end of the season?

Loan fees do exist.. Plus he’d be worth more in the summer if Sunderland go up.

As for the OP...get a grip! How about waiting to see who replaces him before throwing a tantrum?

Yeah, but say we value Grigg at 1mill. I can't see them paying more than 200k for a half season loan. Like you say if he joins them on loan and does well, they may pay more then he's worth in the next window. At worst we get him back, which can be assessed then.

Just can't see the loan value being worth more to us then keeping him here, at the moment our other options aside from Powell up front haven't won many games this season. Unless it's upwards of a 500k loan fee.

By the way I have no clue what the club values Grigg at, could be double what I've said or less. Just put a random amount in for an example, we paid more then that to sign him.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's just rumour at present. On the face of it selling our best striker and club icon seems ridiculous. However given we've just been bought I can only envisage we've a better replacement lined up. If that's the case and he is indeed a better player then I'm fine with it. Hopefully we do have someone lined up and they are brought in before this deal goes through however as we don't want to be scrabbling around for someone like we are fur a left back. Should we have no one lined up then the Royles and iec will deserve all the grief that comes their way.

I know no one from the club will read this but on the off-chance......If this happens then MARK MY F***ING WORDS I WILL NEVER STEP FOOT IN THE DW STADIUM AGAIN!!!!!

The amount of times I’ve seen us sell good players to bring worse (and more expensive) ones in is beyond me. Just stop f***ing doing it you stupid bunch of pricks. I’m honestly done if this happens, had enough of wasting money on it. Will support from afar but won’t get another penny from me to be spent on shite replacements for good players.

Cooky, thought you were the man but if this happens you’re to blame for not playing him. Jackson piss off too and the Royles and whoever the hell else is involved in the shambles now. Just everyone piss the piss off and piss off. Bunch of stupid idiots I’m sick of this shite, KEEP OUR GOOD PLAYERS, SELL THE SHIT ONES it’s really not that hard!

He hasnt gone yet if he does go, hold your outrage it probably wont happen.

But lets say Latics get a bucket full of money for him and he wants to go, would that be terrible?

Max Power liking tweets about it and owner half teasing the fans with Grigg rumour so our twitter fans are on full meltdown.

Sunderland fan said imagine swopping Gibson and Vaughan for Power and Grigg. We'd definetly have come off the worst in that. I thought Max had upped his game a lot but wasn't sure if he would take the step up this tome but compared to Evans, Connolly and Gibson he couldn't have done much worse.

It makes sense Cook would want rid offload Grigg as he clearly doesnt rate him, we are desperate for a striker and have too many on the books so need to free up space. Cook he certainly wont want to admit he s--- the bed by trying to offload his signings Windass, Garner and Vaughan so it has to be Grigg. The more players Cook inherited leave to be replaced by his own players the worse we are getting.

I think selling Grigg will be very badly recieved by the fan base. With moral already low things like this are going to cause uproar.

Last edited:
There's a few we need rid of at this juncture... I'll leave that up to you guys to decide who I mean.

Max Power liking tweets about it and owner half teasing the fans with Grigg rumour so our twitter fans are on full meltdown.

Sunderland fan said imagine swopping Gibson and Vaughan for Power and Grigg. We'd definetly have come off the worst in that. I thought Max had upped his game a lot but wasn't sure if he would take the step up this tome but compared to Evans, Connolly and Gibson he couldn't have done much worse.

It makes sense Cook would want rid offload Grigg as he clearly doesnt rate him, we are desperate for a striker and have too many on the books so need to free up space. Cook he certainly wont want to admit he s--- the bed by trying to offload his signings Windass, Garner and Vaughan so it has to be Grigg. The more players Cook inherited leave to be replaced by his own players the worse we are getting.

I think selling Grigg will be very badly recieved by the fan base. With moral already low things like this are going to cause uproar.

In that case Cook must go. He's too stubborn and his player favouritism is killing us in more ways than one.

Has to be made up rumours to let Grigg go with questions being asked at the moment. Also people saying there must be w replacement, someone better etc this is Paul Cook his record of getting someone better is appalling and even Suarez, Kane and Abameyeng wouldn’t score goals in a cook side with his current tactics

I do notice yet again this is a Wigan Athletic news topic not generated by us.
Our invisible board should have quelled this immediately by announcing or by simply communicating to the Latics fans and supporters that it is just a stupid rumour.
Would be ironical though if Grigg did join Cattermole and Power there and we were stuck with Hopalong Gibson, Barn Door Vaughan and Splinter Arse McManaman.

I do notice yet again this is a Wigan Athletic news topic not generated by us.
Our invisible board should have quelled this immediately by announcing or by simply communicating to the Latics fans and supporters that it is just a stupid rumour.
Would be ironical though if Grigg did join Cattermole and Power there and we were stuck with Hopalong Gibson, Barn Door Vaughan and Splinter Arse McManaman.

Wonder if they have someone really crap we can swop for Morsy ;)

Loan fees do exist.. Plus he’d be worth more in the summer if Sunderland go up.

As for the OP...get a grip! How about waiting to see who replaces him before throwing a tantrum?

I’ve lost my head on this one mate ? seen it too many times! We do it year after year and I’ve lost faith the replacements going to be any good. Fail to believe there’s someone lined up, it’s Garner, Vaughan and Windass

If this comes off, I genuinely don’t get it .....I still think he can be a regular scorer in this Division if we could only ‘play to him’....

Has far more class than any of the other supposed ‘strikers’ we have.

IF....it’s true I hope they have some bombshell signing in play to back it up

Rumoured to have made a bid now. Grigg will probably want to go given he sits on his arse most weeks, despite the fact we've scored from open play in only one game in the last twelve. If they play their cards right I'm sure Jackson will acquiesce to their demands to offload Donald Love or some other of their shite to us in lieu of payment.

Sunderland local press say bid in to buy Grigg.

Unless they are finding a large fee we should reject. But unfortunately since we have 4 strikers on the books and the other 3 Cook signing who cost the best part of 4m over the past 12 months and are un-sellable due to being garbage - if we don't sell Grigg we probably can't bring a target man in to play long ball at. Which sadly we need.