Wilder interview | Page 2 | Vital Football

Wilder interview

Can't argue with what he says......I think ultimately the same ego that got Wilder (and us) to the Promised Land ultimately let him down.....but that's how the man is.

I’m not in the anti wilder group chips but you can’t deny his last season left us with an unwanted legacy and his actions during last season left a lot to be desired. Simon Jordan talks a lot of sense on a wide range of football issues he’s been on both sides of the fence so is in good position to comment on issues as he can relate to both sides and how it affects them ie club and fans

he also states quite clearly he doesn’t know all the facts !
I can't deny I was upset but I can deny this bloke knows nothing and should keep his nose out Bully. We have heard only one side and all the rest is guess work.

I can't deny I was upset but I can deny this bloke knows nothing and should keep his nose out Bully. We have heard only one side and all the rest is guess work.
He knows nothing? As a former owner of a PL club?

He may not know the inticacies of the CW departure the same as the rest of us.
Also , the same as the rest of us, he knows what he saw and heard and he's formed an opinion based on that, as have many of us.
Many of us were not impressed with CW's behaviour, manner and approach at the end of his tenure ( BTW which one of the rumoured resignations do we take as the real end of his tenure?) and he's left that same taste in the mouth of a man who has been an employer of managers and, as Bully says, he'll have left that same impression with some others.

Some might not be concerned at all in the same way that some managers think they can turn misfits into marvels cf Ravel Morrison whilst others will have taken note and will be put off.

There's probably a maximum of about 85 clubs that would consider someone of CW's stature.There's probably about half of them that CW would consider ATM
So, he's down to 40 odd options and he's probably burnt his bridges with half of them so he's down to about 20-25 clubs maximum.

Not a great career move slagging the owner in public no matter the circumstance.

He knows nothing? As a former owner of a PL club?

He may not know the inticacies of the CW departure the same as the rest of us.
Also , the same as the rest of us, he knows what he saw and heard and he's formed an opinion based on that, as have many of us.
Many of us were not impressed with CW's behaviour, manner and approach at the end of his tenure ( BTW which one of the rumoured resignations do we take as the real end of his tenure?) and he's left that same taste in the mouth of a man who has been an employer of managers and, as Bully says, he'll have left that same impression with some others.

Some might not be concerned at all in the same way that some managers think they can turn misfits into marvels cf Ravel Morrison whilst others will have taken note and will be put off.

There's probably a maximum of about 85 clubs that would consider someone of CW's stature.There's probably about half of them that CW would consider ATM
So, he's down to 40 odd options and he's probably burnt his bridges with half of them so he's down to about 20-25 clubs maximum.

Not a great career move slagging the owner in public no matter the circumstance.
TT he knows nothing about our situation mate.

And if you are anti-Wilder then this bloke is telling the whole truth because he knows the whole truth.....doesn't he?
hes saying how wilder conducted him self ,which we all saw ,so whats not truthful about that. wilder let himself down badly and the bit where wilder says i did everything that i thought was right for the club always putting the club first is absolute shite.

hes saying how wilder conducted him self ,which we all saw ,so whats not truthful about that. wilder let himself down badly and the bit where wilder says i did everything that i thought was right for the club always putting the club first is absolute shite.

We saw his after match talks to the press but not alot else. CW has not told his side twilrs unlike the Prince..

We saw his after match talks to the press but not alot else. CW has not told his side twilrs unlike the Prince..
wilder deffo tried to resign before he did pal ,the prince persuaded him not to ,tensions were high then chips,then wilder persisted in signing brewster when we needed jocs replacement/cover, the prince said please reconsider and sign another centre half,wilder literally told him to fuck off the team is his business and not the princes. wilder signed brewster ,which the prince obviously said ok to. but he also said i think your making a big mistake. wilder then went back for more money to get a replacement in jan.The prince said no ,wilder went balistiic and started moaning in public,and not answering the prince calls . i know this for a full blown fact. there was all sorts of slagging going off about the prince from wilder at shirecliffe, obviously the prince got to find out . wilder was getting very lazy in his attitude at training and in the changing room. he wasnt putting as much in so to speak. left it to knilly and his team. he wanted out and thats what he got. I admit he used to come in our boozer and we couldnt get enough of him, but he turned into an horrible person to be around. the rest will have done him a world of good ,he was burnt out ,stressed out so he walked out. the job had envelopped him . He wasnt as brilliant as he thought he was at the top,thats what got him going mad really. he,ll come back but he wont be the same.

TT he knows nothing about our situation mate.
I said he didn't, he said he didn't, I purposely phrased my thread to show that, regardless of who knows what, the MANNER displayed by CW when leaving could be counter productive in his quest for a new position.

If you think the way he handled himself, regardless of what was happening behind the scenes, was acceptable and the right thing to do in the circumstances then so be it.

Smoke/fire.

wilder deffo tried to resign before he did pal ,the prince persuaded him not to ,tensions were high then chips,then wilder persisted in signing brewster when we needed jocs replacement/cover, the prince said please reconsider and sign another centre half,wilder literally told him to fuck off the team is his business and not the princes. wilder signed brewster ,which the prince obviously said ok to. but he also said i think your making a big mistake. wilder then went back for more money to get a replacement in jan.The prince said no ,wilder went balistiic and started moaning in public,and not answering the prince calls . i know this for a full blown fact. there was all sorts of slagging going off about the prince from wilder at shirecliffe, obviously the prince got to find out . wilder was getting very lazy in his attitude at training and in the changing room. he wasnt putting as much in so to speak. left it to knilly and his team. he wanted out and thats what he got. I admit he used to come in our boozer and we couldnt get enough of him, but he turned into an horrible person to be around. the rest will have done him a world of good ,he was burnt out ,stressed out so he walked out. the job had envelopped him . He wasnt as brilliant as he thought he was at the top,thats what got him going mad really. he,ll come back but he wont be the same.
I wasn't there and we haven't heard his side mate.

I said he didn't, he said he didn't, I purposely phrased my thread to show that, regardless of who knows what, the MANNER displayed by CW when leaving could be counter productive in his quest for a new position.

If you think the way he handled himself, regardless of what was happening behind the scenes, was acceptable and the right thing to do in the circumstances then so be it.

Smoke/fire.
I'd like to be fair before trying to make a decision on limited info so I want to hear his version. TT. Just on the Prince's version then I not happy but 50% not happy
mate if you know what I mean.

I'd like to be fair before trying to make a decision on limited info so I want to hear his version. TT. Just on the Prince's version then I not happy but 50% not happy
mate if you know what I mean.
It's nowt to do with anyone's version Chips.
You're missing the point of these posts.
It's about HOW he left not WHY he left which is the point, message, content and gist of Jordan's interview clip.

One thing I will guarantee when we hear CW's version is that none of it will have been his fault.

Last edited:
It's nowt to do with anyone's version Chips.
You're missing the point of these posts.
It's about HOW he left not WHY he left which is the point, message, content and gist of Jordan's interview clip.

One thing I will guarantee when we hear CW's version is that none of it will have been his fault.
It's about knwoing both sides before a thumbs up or down......it's only fiar that way TT.

It's about knwoing both sides before a thumbs up or down......it's only fiar that way TT.
FFS sake Chips read the posts!!!!
I'ts not about why or what happened it's about HOW CW played it.

You're either deliberatley being obtuse or want to argue about a different topic than the one originating from the Jordan interview.

FFS sake Chips read the posts!!!!
I'ts not about why or what happened it's about HOW CW played it.

You're either deliberatley being obtuse or want to argue about a different topic than the one originating from the Jordan interview.
No need to rant. I see what I want to see and I still wait to here his side,,,ta very much TT.