Wigan | Page 7 | Vital Football

Wigan

I was just reading some of the comments by Martin Calladine (quoted in Wigan Today), author of ‘The Ugly Game’ and ‘Fit and Proper People’, who has been particularly scathing on social media of Johal’s claims of wealth.

I picked up on this comment,

"there is sarblimited.com, a crypto ponzi scheme, which uses the P(private) E(quity) company's branding. "

which led me to Sarb Capital's website,

https://www.sarblimited.com/

It promises (amongst other pots of gold at the end of rainbows),

1) sign up, complete KYC, make deposit, GET PROFIT
2) different levels of memberhsip (depending on the size of deposit made) with guaranteed profits of more than 15%, more than 20%, more than 25% or more than 30%
3) a referral 'affluant link' where you get paid if you get other people to sign up and make deposits (5$ per referred user)
4) A 100% 5 Star rating from reviewers

If it looks like a modern day Pyramid Scheme, there is a good chance that it is.

This is like a poor mans version of the 2009 notts county / Munto takeover scam where Russell king claimed to own a mining company capitalised at a trillion dollars. County were so desperate that they didn’t question that nobody had heard of this company.

This is like a poor mans version of the 2009 notts county / Munto takeover scam where Russell king claimed to own a mining company capitalised at a trillion dollars. County were so desperate that they didn’t question that nobody had heard of this company.

Now County look like they are tempting McGoldrick away from a new contract at Derby even though they pay him a shitload after scoring 25 goals for the Rams last season.🙄

Now County look like they are tempting McGoldrick away from a new contract at Derby even though they pay him a shitload after scoring 25 goals for the Rams last season.🙄
But,but,but, we are Notrs County, again the oldest club in the football league, but not continually, we missed a few years!. We are another self entitled club!.

Clubs such as Wigan have done as bad as/far worse than Luton financially yet they remain the only ones to have been really hammered (-30 points). Its the lack of consistency that always gets me. Its as if they're scared of some clubs.

Macauley Longstaff going the other way with Derby paying a fee

Just to emphasise again: the EFL is a private members club where the rules are made by its members - including Wigan Athletic and the rest. The EFL cannot act outside of those rules.

Just to emphasise again: the EFL is a private members club where the rules are made by its members - including Wigan Athletic and the rest. The EFL cannot act outside of those rules.
You sound like a former long standing chairman of the Lincolnshire Cricket League (RIP), it was his favourite point and was not afraid to remind people; but it is absolutely right.

There will doubtless be a number of clubs that like a bit of wriggle room for their own dubious purposes, so until or unless there is a large majority of fair minded clubs I expect many fans will continue to scratch their heads at some of the outcomes and punishments dished out.

Of course for added fairness the EFL appoint independent panels to adjudicate on punishments but did I dream it or did the EFL really appoint a Bolton supporting solicitor to chair their (Bolton's) 'independent' punishment committee?

I'm sure that no one is suggesting that so many members of the EFL are so concerned about their own profligate spending that they might be subject to their own rules around profligate spending, so they would rather suppress the full sanction of the rules upon others, for fear that they may later be exacted upon themselves.

Turkeys obviously vote for Christmas, otherwise, surely, we wouldn't have one.