Wigan sporting company | Page 15 | Vital Football

Wigan sporting company

It's not bred into both sides though, some fans support both, many others are indifferent. As you can see on here. Perpetuating any grudge is not something we should want to do.

I don't support Warriors and wont be starting to support them, but it doesn't take much to realise that the rivalry doesn't do anything positive to either side. Maloney already stated he met with them and saw what they are doing with in game analytics that we don't do and now wants to use that for us.

If some Warriors fans talk shit about Latics we should laugh at them because we are adults and it's cringe, childish stuff you grow out of. If a handful of their fans act like twats that that's more a reflection on those fans than the club they support. Some of our fans behave likes absolute twats themselves at times and i'd not want others to judge our whole fan base based on those individuals. So i'm not going to hate the whole club for shit they didn't do.
This is really a wigan thing ,and to an outsider that supports warriors and latics visa versa
Don't understand what is going on I agree not all latics fans hate warriors or warriors hate latics
But it is deep in some families in wigan keep going round in circles here it will not change not in my time anyway
So I'm not going on and on about it my last word is its a non starter this unity effort

I really doubt broken windows are anything to do with a rugby/football rivalry. Little scrotes will always be little scrotes and they’ve been smashing windows of buildings (especially accessible buildings, that are out the way and with no security presence) since gods dog was alive.
More to do with the type of feral youth that inhabits the housing estates. The Asda underground car park is also full of kids of an evening.

Whelan wanted to bring the clubs fans together years ago didn’t work then and won’t work now. Rugby fans absolutely hated Dave Whelan. 99% of them. Might change a few younger fans. But not the majority from both sides.

Whelan wanted to bring the clubs fans together years ago didn’t work then and won’t work now. Rugby fans absolutely hated Dave Whelan. 99% of them. Might change a few younger fans. But not the majority from both sides.
It is so hard to work out why they hated him. Especially with how he helped them out when they were skint, homeless and Horwich bound. Really strange.

The fact that folk are getting excited about a couple of measly posters is a sad indication of just how soulless and characterless the DW is. Anyone here go to Pride Park? You wouldn't have been able to move for the amount of Derby signage plastered all over the stadium, ditto 99% of all football grounds across the country. It actually felt like a home, not a venue.
Derby have a shit load of history though. Photos of a Northern Premier League win against Goole Town in the 1970s just doesnt quite have the same effect as winning the league under Clough. And there's only so many times you can put a photo of May 2013 before it looks like a weeks UK Gold scheduling.

Derby have a shit load of history though. Photos of a Northern Premier League win against Goole Town in the 1970s just doesnt quite have the same effect as winning the league under Clough. And there's only so many times you can put a photo of May 2013 before it looks like a weeks UK Gold scheduling.

You frickin sad sack.

This has got to be the lowest despicable comment ever posted on here.

Why the f@ck do u even bother posting or is it just :fish:....if u want to deride Latics history why not bugger off onto a forum where all sadsacks gather.....sad sad individual

Winning the NPL competing against teams like Goole Town is however on a level with the Worriers winning their league playing the likes of London Broncos, Hunslet and other Yorkshire pit villages.

I’m proud of our history as are all the other supporters I know, I’ve been supporting the club for about 30 years now and hope to get at least another 30 years watching us.

So far I’ve seen us get promoted from every league (Div 3, Div 2, Championship), whilst doing that we won the league we were in 4 times (div 3, div 2 and league 1 twice). We also got to the league cup final, won the fa cup and got to a semi final and a quarter final. Oh, we also played in Europe too. On the way we upset quite a few bigger clubs and played some decent football. Apart from all that we’re shite and have done fuck all.

You frickin sad sack.

This has got to be the lowest despicable comment ever posted on here.
Winning the NPL competing against teams like Goole Town is however on a level with the Worriers winning their league playing the likes of London Broncos, Hunslet and other Yorkshire pit villages
I guess I get a joint award with HORC now, after his post? Or does that one not count because it fits your truth?

I’m proud of our history as are all the other supporters I know, I’ve been supporting the club for about 30 years now and hope to get at least another 30 years watching us.

So far I’ve seen us get promoted from every league (Div 3, Div 2, Championship), whilst doing that we won the league we were in 4 times (div 3, div 2 and league 1 twice). We also got to the league cup final, won the fa cup and got to a semi final and a quarter final. Oh, we also played in Europe too. On the way we upset quite a few bigger clubs and played some decent football. Apart from all that we’re shite and have done fuck all.
As are the Derby fans who have 140+ years of history to celebrate . And so are the warriors fans who have 151 years of history.

As are the Derby fans who have 140+ years of history to celebrate . And so are the warriors fans who have 151 years of history.
I genuinely wonder why you bother on here. To be fair, very occasionally, you post summat that contributes to the debate, but all too often, your posts are insular and self centred.

Of course, other posters on here will also post insular and self centred stuff too ... but it's their board (team wise), so it makes sense ... but for you? ... not so much.

Latics Honours List: to be Continued!

FA Cup Winners 2013

Promoted to Premiership (Championship Runners Up): 2005

Second Division Champions (Now League 1): 2002/03, 2015/16, 2017/18, 2021/22.

Auto Windscreens Shield Trophy Winners: 1999

Third Division Champions (Now League 2): 1996/97

Freight Rover Trophy Winners: 1985

Promoted Old Third Division (Now League 1): 1981/82

Elected to the Football League: 1978

Northern Premier League Champions: 1970/71, 1974/75

Northern Premier Cup Winners: 1971/72

Northern Premier Shield Winners: 1972/73, 1973/74, 1975/76

Cheshire League Champions: 1933/34, 1934/35, 1935/36, 1964/65

Lancashire Combination Champions: 1947/48, 1950/51, 1952/53, 1953/54

No matter how much they try they can’t expand. The game of rugby league they can’t do it they could give 10 thousand free tickets away any where south of Warrington and they wouldn’t take them Any one that went to Derby last week end Little old wigan fans Out sang This great Derby sides fans. What an atmosphere. I’m sure you get nothing like that at a rugby game.

It absolutely kills them knowing that one single day in our history, 11th May 2013 eclipses everything they have and will ever do in 151 years and counting. The day that put the town of Wigan on the map worldwide. It makes me warm and fuzzy just thinking about it.

We didnt exist or were a non league side while Derby were in the glory years. Since then we've won more trophies and had more promotions compared to them.

So it's no wonder Derby use loads of old photos because they've not had much to celebrate in the past 50 years.

Everyone has history, ours achievements just happened in most of our fans lifetimes which I think is preferable to a huge chunk of your fan base never seeing it. Our last 30 odd years of history is richer than the vast majority of bigger clubs in the same period.