Wigan Ladies & Girls WFC. | Page 4 | Vital Football

Wigan Ladies & Girls WFC.

I can't believe everyone is making such a fuss about this. Do any of you honestly give a flyers about womens football.
I wouldn't go and watch it if it were free and I'd shut my kitchen curtains if they were playing in my back garden.
Lets have a bit more honesty here instead of pandering to the do-gooders and the politically correct brigade.
Its over rated rubbish that the BBC have rammed down everyone's throat to a point were every one thinks they have to like it or they are deemed to be sexist dinosaurs and not politically correct. Why are we too scared to be honest these days.
When you look in the mirror, do you see Alf Garnett?

A lot of clubs who have been there or are now like Brighton, Luton, Bournemouth and Brentford were all in far worse positions than we are now and at those times no one would've given them a chance of making it. So you never know, sometimes things can change very fast.

I think we'll be a Prem club again one day down the line but I don't think it's likely anytime soon.
Might be just me king. Nothing coming out the club at the moment is getting me exited. Thing the women’s football is just a cash in on grants. Danson wont put any thing into it. Just hope it not taken out of what little cash we have.

Might be just me king. Nothing coming out the club at the moment is getting me exited. Thing the women’s football is just a cash in on grants. Danson wont put any thing into it. Just hope it not taken out of what little cash we have.

The thing is Danson will have put quite a lot in already. I imagine he's probably spent 10m+ in his first year here to pay off all the debts and pay for the wage bill.

I'm not expecting Danson to heavily outspend everyone at this level like the last few owners / managers did, but I wouldn't want him to either. As we know how risky it is to financially be so dependent on the whims of an owner. It's in Danson and the fans best interests that moving forward we become more self sustainable.

It's obviously a lot easier to be successful if you spend more money but I don't think you necessarily need to. Most teams in L1 primarily work on academy graduates, loans, frees and nominal fees so we are just in that same boat now. L1 is never a particularly strong league so I think anyone who gets their recruitment right and gets their team working hard has potential to do well.

What "grants" and how do you know what Mike Danson's spending plans are in any area ?

Thank you for proving my point straight away.

Its a good job I don't get offended as easily,. Comparing me to a West Ham fan, is far worse than thinking women's football is dire.
Seriously though it might not be as good but it couldn't possibly be worse to watch than the shite Maloney dishes out under the disguise of football.

I can't believe everyone is making such a fuss about this. Do any of you honestly give a flyers about womens football.
I wouldn't go and watch it if it were free and I'd shut my kitchen curtains if they were playing in my back garden.
Lets have a bit more honesty here instead of pandering to the do-gooders and the politically correct brigade.
Its over rated rubbish that the BBC have rammed down everyone's throat to a point were every one thinks they have to like it or they are deemed to be sexist dinosaurs and not politically correct. Why are we too scared to be honest these days.
I think I'm honest enough with my opinions on football matters on these boards, Womens football is no different, I say it how it is if the happy clappers and/or the do gooders don't like it then tough shit!

I totally with you on this JS, I've tried watching it on several occasions but found it absolutely boring & a non event. Now considering the shite we've watched this season with Latics, it's still so so much better than any woman's football, from WLS to the WWC.....it's definitely not for me but sadly it panders to the politically correct brigade & woe betide those who criticise it....cue the criticism..

Wtf...for having an opinion that doesn't conform to urz. I don't like women's football, I don't like men's swimming, I don't like women's gymnastics nor do I like men's gymnastics....what's that make me UPLCC then 🤔🤔.....live & let live surely, we can't all live/ dislike the same thing

I agree Jock, live and let live.

I don't watch women's football much but on the occasion I do, which is usually an international match, I find it to be what I imagined it to be, quite naive and usually one sided with very little competition. But having said that the sport is literally in it's infancy and is still growing.

Although I was not around at the time I would imagine that when men's football was first developing it would have been the same.

I have no doubt that as the sport grows there will be more competition from sides and players will develop and given time it will develop into something akin to lower league football with the aim to increase the standards and eventually reach a parity with top end leagues.

As I say, this will take time, but given that men's football has had many years to develop to the standard that it is today it is unfair to try to compare the standard of games but with patience and time I can see no reason that the women's game can't be as attractive to watch as any other form of the game.

Maybe not in what is left of my lifetime, but certainly in that of my grandchildren's. After all, the standard of football that the Tic's were playing in their non league days, when I started watching them, has certainly developed over the years. and at the time I had little inkling that they would ever reach the heights of, what was then, the 1st division of league football.

After all, the standard of football that the Tic's were playing in their non league days, when I started watching them, has certainly developed over the years. and at the time I had little inkling that they would ever reach the heights of, what was then, the 1st division of league football.
To be fair the standard of football we are playing at the moment is probably better skill and fitness wise, but as entertainment and as a spectacle to watch it is far worse than when we were playing non-league football.

But what do you really think?

To be fair the standard of football we are playing at the moment is probably better skill and fitness wise, but as entertainment and as a spectacle to watch it is far worse than when we were playing non-league football.

I don't want to get involved in the discussion about our current style of play any further than what I have said on other threads Jonny.

The gist of my post on this thread is that comparing the state of play in women's football with that of its counterpart in the men's game is akin to comparing apples and pears, there is no comparison at present.

What I have said is simply that given the time to develop and improvements in competition from all sides the game will become more of a spectacle and then comparable to the game we see today in the men's game.

I don't want to get involved in the discussion about our current style of play any further than what I have said on other threads Jonny.

The gist of my post on this thread is that comparing the state of play in women's football with that of its counterpart in the men's game is akin to comparing apples and pears, there is no comparison at present.

What I have said is simply that given the time to develop and improvements in competition from all sides the game will become more of a spectacle and then comparable to the game we see today in the men's game.
I don't want to get involved in a discussion about womens football any further than what I have already said on this thread TB.
In my opinion it is shit and isn't worth discussing any further. Lets leave it there and say no more.

So tell me where these grants are coming from if there are "loads" - and who has jumped on the band wagon.
Of course there are grants for women’s football from Fa. Same with the academy plenty grants. To help clubs along the way. Fleetwood and AFC Fylde. Cracking youth set ups. Same with Girls Rugby down south. Loads of grants.

One potential with having a professional women's team in the long run could see major European & World Cup games played at The DW instead of Leigh Sports Village.