Wigan Athletic Vs Aston Villa Sat 12th Jan 3pm | Page 20 | Vital Football

Wigan Athletic Vs Aston Villa Sat 12th Jan 3pm

Not happy at all with Smith for today, those subs were ridiculous BUT he's our manager, he has to have at least 2 transfer windows. He started so well, that makes this more gutting, but he has to have time to get rid of some of these woefully underachieving players.

Why does he “have to” have two windows? If it was your money mr F, wouldn’t you judge him on how he does after one window? I’m all for loyalty (although I think he’s getting an easy ride from some because of his B6 credentials), but the sentiment has to stop somewhere.
If we finish the season below where Bruce left us, or god forbid if we go down, surely he’s got to go?

yes, but surely along with the coaches? If not, what are they there for?
Your spot on.

As I said earlier it’s a mess with no definitive answer.

I hope a few players get dropped but they are replaced by Bjarnason, Whelan and Taylor. Hourihane keeps his place, the new loan signing has an absolute shocker, the recalled centre half gets recalled and hauled off after 60 minutes.

To think so many loyal fans went to watch that dross today. Sad times

I would play Davis with Abraham. Send Bolasie back and replace him with a recalled Greene.

Time for sweeping changes and allow Smith to bring a couple in

I think calls for a new manager are premature and just emotion. Smith needs a fair crack at the job and only after the summer into the new season should we be even thinking about calling for his head.

BUT... after only a few games you can see underlying issues and bad trends which more often than not end up costing managers their job. Unfortunately DS has a few issues at the moment, some are inherited but some are caused by the decisions he is ultimately responsible for as Head Coach.

Garry Thompson's comments sum it up for me. "Those players should look at themselves in the mirror. They haven't turned up today. They've just rolled over!"

It's a sad indictment of Smith tho that 2 players out takes us from potential top 2 to possibly fighting relegation.

Im as upset as anyone but that is a bit unfair to level that at Smith. He has inherited this lot and must be given a chance to put it right. This is only the start of his first transfer window. Performances like that are not acceptable though.

I suggest it is time for Smith to throw some huge tea cups around because this shower of shit to show some fight and back bone.... I hazard a guess that there are not many of Leeds players we have really heard of yet Bielsa’s team last night were all at Leeds prior to his arrival bar 1.... so not “his team”.......... but he has put his stamp and style on it

Garry Thompson on WM said Tammy was the only one who went over to the fans at the end and symbolically handed them his shirt as if he was saying goodbye.
Wouldn't blame him

Why does he “have to” have two windows? If it was your money mr F, wouldn’t you judge him on how he does after one window? I’m all for loyalty (although I think he’s getting an easy ride from some because of his B6 credentials), but the sentiment has to stop somewhere.
If we finish the season below where Bruce left us, or god forbid if we go down, surely he’s got to go?

yeah, good points after a woeful performance today, but I don't rate the Jan window and know that the board are looking to the summer for the major surgery needed because the required players are rarely available in Jan.

Nice to see people say yeah great squad when we played great football beating derby and boro but then the last 2 games we lose 3-0 and it’s oo well what can he do with the squad.

Again the tactics the last few games have been wrong, The wingers are just not doing it.

We lose Jack so carry on playing the same way ffs.
El Ghazi and Bolasie haven’t done anything since the Baggies game yet are just in the team game after game.

Come on Smith sort the system out.
Did we not learn anything from the Swansea game, Even against Swansea we had more chances than today and they are better than Wigan

Im as upset as anyone but that is a bit unfair to level that at Smith. He has inherited this lot and must be given a chance to put it right. This is only the start of his first transfer window. Performances like that are not acceptable though.

But he's reverted to a plan B instead of sticking with his plan A.

4 shots 0 on target, what's happened to this attacking football?, it's like the last few weeks and Smith has morphed into Bruce. Smith needs a hard look at himself, drop the majority of these clown players and take a punt on our own youngsters. Send that slow waste of space Bolaise back, Tammy may as well have left too the gutless wannabe.

Brentford beat Stoke 3-1 today. Smith's players were able to do a better job than Bruce's players against Stoke. Does this tell you something?

Nice to see people say yeah great squad when we played great football beating derby and boro but then the last 2 games we lose 3-0 and it’s oo well what can he do with the squad.

Again the tactics the last few games have been wrong, The wingers are just not doing it.

We lose Jack so carry on playing the same way ffs.
El Ghazi and Bolasie haven’t done anything since the Baggies game yet are just in the team game after game.

Come on Smith sort the system out.
Did we not learn anything from the Swansea game, Even against Swansea we had more chances than today and they are better than Wigan

Anybody who thinks this squad is great needs to have a word with themselves.