Wifi Mesh Extenders | Vital Football

Wifi Mesh Extenders

DeanoVilla

One Bloody Number
Alright folks.

Any of you fine people had any experience with Wifi Mesh Systems? I'm thinking of getting one but there seems to be so many different options i'm a bit blinded by all the tech talk (and I work in IT. lol)

Basically I'm trying to solve 2 issues.

1) Our current Wifi is fast but seems to be unstable, and I'm fairly sure that's due to number of connected devices (approx 30). It never drops fully, but individual devices every now and then seem to suffer a brief pause of connection which can be annoying.

2) I need a good signal in my garage/mancave. I can currently get a weak signal in there which drops in and out, so need that strong and stable like Brexit-Great Britain. lol

A mesh system seems to be the way to go. I'm currently looking at this one -

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-De...locphy=1006705&hvtargid=pla-780409193883&th=1

However TP Link also do 11 other varieties and I'm not really sure of the differences... obviosuly some have more 'hubs' and provide a wider coverage but there are other differences I don't understand -

Is Dual Band AC1200 enough? The more expensive options mention AC1300/AC2200/AV1000 but I don't really want to pay through the nose? WIll the one above do the job?

The one above states - Ethernet Ports 10/100 Mbps, does that mean the speed will be limited to 100mbps? I pay for 150mbps BT fibre, so if I'm gonna end up cutting that by a 3rd then I need to get something better.

It doesn't have to be that brand above, so if anyone has any other recommendations at a similart price then great.

As JPA says, if the garage is on the same main circuit as the house, powerline adapters, with WiFi at the garage end would work better.

I have a 1200 speed one to the summerhouse, and it works great. It's more than enough, because it's still faster that the actual broadband speed to the house.

Mesh still needs to send a signal through walls, and depending on the construction, that's not always easy.

I like TP Link, so this would have been my choice anyway. I like the fact they don't even take up a socket.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TL-PA8010P...words=TP+Link+powerline&qid=1618310917&sr=8-7

I tried the TP Link Mesh, and ended up putting it back on ebay.

Last edited:
I do need some kind of wifi in the garage though as I'll haver a TV in there with a Firestick plugged into the back (wall mounted with sockets hidden behind, so not suitable for one of those big powerline plugs)

They do a hybrid system which uses the electric circuit + wifi but thats nearly double the price so not sure about that.

Will have to have a think.

Gone for ther TP-Link S4.

Comes with 3 units so plan is to have 1 next to the router (hard wired), one upstairs, and 1 in the kitchen right up against the wall with the garage the other side.

If thats still no good then worst case scenario I could probably take the one from upstairs and put it in the garage itself (so basically one either side of the wall) which surely would get a good signal in there.

Brilliant, nicely timed Deano
Was researching at the weekend replacing my existing TP link power line .

1- one of the adaptors is making a very strange and loud humming noise
2- i think I can go more expensive and upgrade .

The one I bought was only 40 quid and its AV 600 power line about 3 years old now. Has done the job but as said can get quicker. You get what you pay for.

I've powerline plug with wifi running to a shed ~75m from the house across two separate fuse boxes which works fine (so can shout at alexa to turn lights on at bottom of garden etc).
Suppose any powerline rigged up to an old spare wifi router would have worked as well.

I've used a few different ones over the years and had a few fail over time (years+) - used Devolo and tp link and not noticed much difference between them

I was thinking of getting one of these things too but I've no idea where to start. The wifi is very weak upstairs. Upstairs might be on a different circuit though. There is a separate fuse box for upstairs. Does that mean it's on a different circuit?

Comes with 3 units so plan is to have 1 next to the router (hard wired), one upstairs, and 1 in the kitchen right up against the wall with the garage the other side.

If thats still no good then worst case scenario I could probably take the one from upstairs and put it in the garage itself (so basically one either side of the wall) which surely would get a good signal in there.

What are the pro's and cons of these v powerline?

I was thinking of getting one of these things too but I've no idea where to start. The wifi is very weak upstairs. Upstairs might be on a different circuit though. There is a separate fuse box for upstairs. Does that mean it's on a different circuit?

Some houses have more than one fusebox because they are so big, and if the sockets are on different ones they don't always work. It's pot luck.

The TP Link ones with wifi at the end point are great. Give them a try.

Some houses have more than one fusebox because they are so big, and if the sockets are on different ones they don't always work. It's pot luck.

The TP Link ones with wifi at the end point are great. Give them a try.

Oh, I got one like Deano linked to in the original post as a free gift from our telecom company in work. I tried to set it up but it didn't work. I'll have to have another go at it.

I'm glad you put WiFi at the beginning in the subject box.

Without it I would have been worried 😏

Ordered yesterday at 12:30pm.

Arrived this morning at 09:30am.

21 hours! Gotta love prime! Will set it up later as I'm working now so don't want to interupt the wifi.

I had to google it KK and I'm still not too sure what they are, certainly not something I've come across on my "travels"

In a nutshell mesh implants are used for women who have a tearing symphosis in there vaginally area to help recovery.

They are also used for help with certain types of urinary incontinence in women.

There's been some problems with it over the years and some have sued.

The first one for the tearing symphosis wasn't around in the 80s which probably is a good thing. I had the tearing symphosis in my 3rd pregnancy. Believe me the pain was as bad as childbirth as it would come on at any time.

It also took 2 years for me to get over it after birth as it had to heal. I was strapped up for two years after my 3rd birth cos of.

People say what a joyful thing pregnancy is. Not in my case. Nightmare with all 4 of them in various ways and hospitalisation. I had to go on a zimmer frame at the end with my 3rd. It wasn't funny at the time though it sounds it to an outsider

Anyway I'm sure you get the idea! Bet you glad your a man 😏

From WiFi to women's personal stuff - only on VV 🤣

In a nutshell mesh implants are used for women who have a tearing symphosis in there vaginally area to help recovery.

They are also used for help with certain types of urinary incontinence in women.

There's been some problems with it over the years and some have sued.

The first one for the tearing symphosis wasn't around in the 80s which probably is a good thing. I had the tearing symphosis in my 3rd pregnancy. Believe me the pain was as bad as childbirth as it would come on at any time.

It also took 2 years for me to get over it after birth as it had to heal. I was strapped up for two years after my 3rd birth cos of.

People say what a joyful thing pregnancy is. Not in my case. Nightmare with all 4 of them in various ways and hospitalisation. I had to go on a zimmer frame at the end with my 3rd. It wasn't funny at the time though it sounds it to an outsider

Anyway I'm sure you get the idea! Bet you glad your a man 😏

From WiFi to women's personal stuff - only on VV 🤣