Wifi Mesh Extenders | Page 2 | Vital Football

Wifi Mesh Extenders

Inspired by Vital Villa, I had another go at setting up that mesh wifi thing. I actually got it working this time. It seems to work pretty well. :D

Don't have a problem with our wifi, works the same all over the house and even the garden. Mind you it's Virgin fibre optic all singing and dancing something or other. Sky man said he couldn't match Virgin, so I'm guessing it's better than the rest.

In a nutshell mesh implants are used for women who have a tearing symphosis in there vaginally area to help recovery.

They are also used for help with certain types of urinary incontinence in women.

There's been some problems with it over the years and some have sued.

The first one for the tearing symphosis wasn't around in the 80s which probably is a good thing. I had the tearing symphosis in my 3rd pregnancy. Believe me the pain was as bad as childbirth as it would come on at any time.

It also took 2 years for me to get over it after birth as it had to heal. I was strapped up for two years after my 3rd birth cos of.

People say what a joyful thing pregnancy is. Not in my case. Nightmare with all 4 of them in various ways and hospitalisation. I had to go on a zimmer frame at the end with my 3rd. It wasn't funny at the time though it sounds it to an outsider

Anyway I'm sure you get the idea! Bet you glad your a man 😏

From WiFi to women's personal stuff - only on VV 🤣

But have you ever caught your cock in your zip? Nope! You women just don't know you're born! 😂

Back on topic. The best method would be to use a powerline adaptor into a 2nd router. Then you can run several wireless or hard wired devices at the same time. Another way would be to powerline into an IT desktop switch and hardwire your devices into it. Mesh is definitely a good way of doing it but like most things you get what you pay for. Powerline adapters are pretty good. I stream my 5mp IP CCTV from the garage to my house using them and get a very stable stream.

So, set up my TP-Link S4 this morning with mixed results.

One next to the router in the hallway, one in the dining room (right next to the wall that joins on to the garage), and one in one of the bedrooms.

The list below shows the wifi signal in each area before and after (lower number is best) -

Room.................. Before....................After

Office...................54.............................68 (Worse)
Lounge...............66..............................55 (Better)
Dining Room.....65............................39 (Much Better)
Kithcen................55.............................64 (Worse)
Garden................75.............................54 (Better)
Garage................75.............................71 (Slightly Better)
Upstairs...............61............................52 (Better)

So better in 5 areas, worse in 2. The two that are worse are probably not a massive issue as both still under 70 which is acceptable.

My concern is still the garage. Although it is slightly better it is still in the weak category (anything over 70 is considered weak), so it might still be a struggle to stream via a Firestick in there. Might need to buy another unit and put it inside the garage itself, but thats another £50. Arrggghh!!! So annoying. The unit is right up against the wall that seperates the house from the garage. The signal only has to get through that one wall.

Well that’s thrown me , what Deano has said .
Was going to go for mesh . But should I just upgrade my power lines ?

Which is better?. What a pros and cons ?

Admittedly I won’t be needing what he needs for the garage. Just usual , eliminate dead spots , improve in garden , stop x box connection moaning.
Live in a late 60’s pretty standard 4 bed detached .

Can I hijack your thread Deano?

Does anyone have Sky ultrafast broadband? Is it worth the extra £7 per month versus the normal super fast broadband? Not finding much online about it which is unusual, mumsnet.com has let me down

Does anyone have Sky ultrafast broadband? Is it worth the extra £7 per month versus the normal super fast broadband? Not finding much online about it which is unusual, mumsnet.com has let me down

Not Sky, but with BT I upgraded from Full Fibre 2 (Up to 74mbps, gaurenteed 34mbps) to Full Fibre 100 (Up to 150mpbs, gaurenteed 100 mbps) and I have to admit I don't really notice any difference.

I think once you get past a certain speed then the difference is negligable. I wasn't really getting any buffering on 74mbps, and I'm still not on 150mbps.

The main reason for upgrading was I pay for PS NOW to stream games, which I thought would nbe bandwidth heavy, but typically since upgrading the Playstation has hardly been used.

That’s the thing, I don’t use the current huge download speed or get near it and so upgrading to more bandwidth doesn’t make sense if you don’t use it. I’m just cynical that they slow down the regular users to support those who pay a bit more

Ah glad you asked that, as I was thinking of upgrading, but sounds like there is no point really.

Thanks Dan, you've got me in a war of words with BT now.

When I signed up to BT Full Fibre 100 on the welcome email it states -

• Price Promise - you'll never pay more than a new customer and your bill won't go up when your contract ends.

Now to me there is no way you can mis-interpret that. I've read that to say I will NEVER pay more than a new customer. So for example if a new customer can now get the same deal for £5 per month less then my price should be lowered.

I called and they said it meant that at the time I signed up I was gaurenteed to get the best possible price at the time. So why not just say that then? That wording above is extremely mis-leading.

So I've now raised a formal complaint about mis-selling/mis-information.

No we have Virgin Broadband and Sky TV, the Sky man said they can't match Virgin but unless I stream loads of stuff I'd not notice the difference but nevertheless, I stuck with Virgin.
It's probably like comparing a car that does 156 mph with one that does 170, ie you'll never know!

No we have Virgin Broadband and Sky TV, the Sky man said they can't match Virgin but unless I stream loads of stuff I'd not notice the difference but nevertheless, I stuck with Virgin.
It's probably like comparing a car that does 156 mph with one that does 170, ie you'll never know!

Have you never driven down the M50?

Have you never driven down the M50?
Haha yes, many times mate, Managed 140 in a Rover 800 turbo once but that was at night and when I had no fear 30 years ago. A looney mate I worked with hit 170 in his Type R last year. Needless to say, he wrote it off very soon afterwards and spent time recovering in hospital.
I digress as per normal

Haha yes, many times mate, Managed 140 in a Rover 800 turbo once but that was at night and when I had no fear 30 years ago. A looney mate I worked with hit 170 in his Type R last year. Needless to say, he wrote it off very soon afterwards and spent time recovering in hospital.
I digress as per normal

The fastest I ever got to was 180 kmph in my old Accord. I wonder what the top speed of my truck is.