Whose next? Who can we get? Who do you want? | Page 7 | Vital Football

Whose next? Who can we get? Who do you want?

In the past we had loads of managers odds on who never became our manager.

McClaren was odds on when we got Coyle and Rosler was even odds on to come back when we got Cook. So always take the bookies early odds with a pinch of salt.

I imagine there will be names applying we've not seen mentioned yet.

And when we say 'we wont get him' calls will be being made to sound them out.

I bet we don't even know who it will be yet, so bookies wont either.

According to that lot at Sky Sports, Critchley will be at the game tomorrow, "deal nearly done just a few loose ends to tie up"

The hierarchy aren't pissing about on this one!

thumbnail_20221111_175051.jpg

Last edited:
In the past we had loads of managers odds on who never became our manager.

McClaren was odds on when we got Coyle, and Rosler was even odds on to come back when we got Cook. So always take the bookies early odds with a pinch of salt.

I imagine there will be names applying we've not seen mentioned yet.

And when we say 'we won't get him' calls will be being made to sound them out.

I bet we don't even know who it will be yet, so bookies won't either.

Sounds promising if Paul Kendrick is correct regarding applicants

According to that lot at Sky Sports, Critchley will be at the game tomorrow, "deal nearly done just a few loose ends to tie up"

The hierarchy aren't pissing about on this one!

View attachment 61295
If that were true, he wouldn't be 9/4 on Skybet. Speaking of Skybet, I'd love to know whose pissed their money away betting on Sean Dyche, who is now third favourite at 9/1. Honestly, donate your cash to charity if you're that desperate to get rid of it.

Why does anyone think Duncan Ferguson. Just a name of Ex premier league player. Done nothing As he been in the running for any other jobs. Sounds a bit like David Unsworth that’s gone to Oldham big gamble.

Many managers started coaching youth teams or being an assistant before getting their chance with a first team side. They are always a gamble but Pep was a youth coach at one point so sometimes all they need is a chance and they show their class.

I'm not advocating for Big Dunc as I know nothing about his potential but I'm not automatically against it - we'd need to really do our homework and have a bit of good luck if we opted for him.

I have to agree. I would probably rather see Neil Critchley but i’m not totally against Big Dunc. Totally different scenario to Warren Joyce. Big Dunc has been an assistant for some top quality managers. I watched the No Tippy Tappy podcast with him and Big Sam and to be fair, i would be willing to give him a chance.

Sky quoting Mick McCarthy, Robbie Fowler, Duncan Ferguson, Rob Edward's as candidates
Three no's and a maybe

Sounds promising if Paul Kendrick is correct regarding applicants

I don't think the club was ever going to give the local journalist a different answer. If the calibre is genuinely very high or low they were always going to sell it as being positive. So I'm not reading anything into it.

Many managers started coaching youth teams or being an assistant before getting their chance with a first team side. They are always a gamble but Pep was a youth coach at one point so sometimes all they need is a chance and they show their class.

I'm not advocating for Big Dunc as I know nothing about his potential but I'm not automatically against it - we'd need to really do our homework and have a bit of good luck if we opted for him.
Remember Warren Joyce?

Warburton isn't out of work, he's first team coach at West Ham. Plus he's clearly a London boy, can't see him wanting to give up a good wage to up sticks to our shithole. As for Monk, I definitely see him on the list as he's cheap with Champ experience and they wouldn't have to replace any coaching staff. Not convinced by him though, sacked more times than a NFL quarter-back with a steadily declining win ratio across his career.

Personally I think we can rule out anyone currently in employment whoever they may be. We'll be targeting cheap free agents.

He's a non-starter as him and McClean hate each other. Probably for the best, he has no personality/charisma and plays crap football.
You talking about mclean I totally agree