Whose next? Who can we get? Who do you want? | Vital Football

Whose next? Who can we get? Who do you want?

C_Latic

Vital 1st Team Regular
So it's on to the next one. No beating around the bush, the board has made a big statement with this decision, but it will be defined by who he appoints next and whether they can keep us in the Championship. David Sharpe got it horrendously wrong and it cost us our Championship status. Talal and the board cannot afford to make the same mistake.

Neil Critchley, Valerien Ismael, David Wagner. All out of work, all successful at this level with smaller clubs (Blackpool, Barnsley, Huddersfield). Chris Wilder, Scott Parker, Steve Bruce. All Championship veterans, but would be expensive gambles and would they want to come here? Probably not. Best lower league manager out there is Schumacher but would he do any better than Leam? Doubt it! Liam Manning's MK Dons were excellent but could he turn this ship around? That's a big ask!

Personally, I think we need two traits from the new manager as a priority. We need a motivator with charisma, someone who can put his arm round a player, but also give them a bollocking. But we also need someone who plays good football as I believe that's our best bet of getting the maximum out these players, but also attracting decent loan signings in January.

I'm not going to guess, just going to see how things develop and see what direction we head in now

Garry Monk will no doubt be in the frame. All his ex backroom staff (Beattie, Flahavan) are here. Would probably be on the cheaper side as well.

Critchley - yes spot on make it happen. But i fear Luton will already be working on this.

Schumacher - doing tremendous job at Plymouth, unproven but as a gamble a good shout.

Ismael - has got a club recently.

Wagner - wouldn't go back to Huddersfield so i think he's not going to come to us.

Manning - great last season but really struggling this season, so i'd say no

Ainsworth -probably too similar to Richardson, need fresh ideas.

Bruce - out of date

Rob Edwards - has a very good reputation for one good season in L1 and few months at Watford, not seen enough of him to really judge

Anthony Barry - not managed before but linked with lots of clubs and connections to the club. Wildcare pick but intersting one.

Grahame Jones - good coach but not sure he's a manager but i'm sure he would be interested in coming back

Hughton - not a bad shout.

Monk - been out of the game a bit, but previously been a good manager. His assistant Beattie already here.

Wilder - rate him highly but would possibly be hard to attract / afford

Parker - rate him highly but don't think he'd fancy it

Cook - need fresh approach

Doesn’t matter who you bring in without investment it’s going to be a hard job. Let’s not for get we have lost one of our better players. For the season. Major investment needed.

My missus says we should get Big Duncan Fergus on. He would kick some passion in to this lot.

Maybe all they are hoping for is a change of manager will give the team a bounce. Whellan tried it a few times.
Talking about sackings, should not the people involved in giving IR a three year contract extension be brought before the headmaster for a canning.

I think our next manager might have arrived at the club earlier in the week. No inside info or anything like that. Just a gut feeling.

Talksport journalist said us and both us and Luton looking at Critchely.

Nixon says he thinks it will be someone out of work and not expensive. So on those parameters Critchley would be the front runner, but from the other names potentially in the frame Big Dunc, Rob Edwards and Anthony Barry could all maybe fit that bill/

Critchey has been north west based all his career as player and manager, so while Luton are much higher up the league he would have to relocate. I hope that works in our favour.

Told you he was tactically inept, but you wouldent have it, would you.

Yaaaaaay ... but bugger, I lost the sweep. I had you coming on here gloating and spouting your utter nonsense before 1pm ... I was only just wrong though,

Being sacked is never a statement on a manager's general competence or tactical ability. If it were, then none of them would ever get another job again.

As for you actually making the conscious decision to make the above post ... I feel sorry for you.