Who next? | Page 91 | Vital Football

Who next?

Do we know if part of the deal Appleton is moving to Lincoln and be involved with the community on a day to day basis as the Cowleys eventually were ?

Well, listened to the podcast the other day and very happy with that. Proofs in the pudding of course but he should get long enough - nice mid table finish this year ready to push on next year.

I'll tell you what if Rob Makepeace has the bollocks to ask him some difficult questions my respect for him will go up massively.

(Don't think Hortin will!)

:clap::clap::clap::clap: Well done to the succession committee...
At this stage it feels like an upgrade on the early names mentioned. (flynn? Ainsworth)
Hope he can take our ball players and get them playing some of this fast flowing, ball on the deck, counterattacking football - with end product.
Oxford scored 100 goals in their L1 season before Appleton left - 35 in cup games!

Well, listened to the podcast the other day and very happy with that. Proofs in the pudding of course but he should get long enough - nice mid table finish this year ready to push on next year.

I'll tell you what if Rob Makepeace has the bollocks to ask him some difficult questions my respect for him will go up massively.

(Don't think Hortin will!)
Does Hortin know who he is?

Do we know if part of the deal Appleton is moving to Lincoln and be involved with the community on a day to day basis as the Cowleys eventually were ?

He may or may not move his family. As someone who has moved around both the UK and overseas for the last 38 years it ain't easy, especially on the children. The amount of times I have felt guilt for uprooting my children from their friends, schools etc. That is my (our) choice and we deal with it as a family. Unfortunately, it becomes increasingly difficult as children enter secondary education as you want the best for them. Luckily we have had stability for a while now, which is great. I have one daughter going to Uni tomorrow and one who started sixth form, I couldn't be more happy and proud of them both, although a difficult day tomorrow I suspect. I'm sure Mapp can involve himself within the community and I'm sure there is a flat somewhere for him during the week. This moving around ain't what its cracked upto be.

4 year deal shows a strong commitment on both sides. No potential name has made me get really excited during the last couple of weeks, but I’ve only ever got really excited about 2 manager appointments in my time - Cowleys.... And Steve Tilson! Given this board appointed the Cowleys trust them completely with this one, and as always will back whoever is in charge 100%!