Who are the candidates for our new manager.. | Page 4 | Vital Football

Who are the candidates for our new manager..

So Ryan in Interim Head coach and Vorm is goal keeping coach.
WTF are those two going to tell any of the first teamers to do or how to play?
Levy should have just said Keith the Security Guard and Maureen the tea lady are in charge for a bit.

So Ryan in Interim Head coach and Vorm is goal keeping coach.
WTF are those two going to tell any of the first teamers to do or how to play?
Levy should have just said Keith the Security Guard and Maureen the tea lady are in charge for a bit.
If Ryan is interim head coach for more than ten days I'll be surprised. He is though probably better equipped to select a team for the Carabao Cup Final, than bringing somebody else in over the next few days. He'll just select who he knows to be our best eleven, and then let them go out and enjoy themselves.

I think we need to be cautious jumping to conclusions about Ryan's credibility as a manager. He has 3 years behind him at this stage in his new career and has no doubt learnt already how to distance himself from the players. He was always a student of the game and very tactically aware. That is why guys like Paulinho, Capoue and Stambouli sat on the bench whilst he played.

I think we need to be cautious jumping to conclusions about Ryan's credibility as a manager. He has 3 years behind him at this stage in his new career and has no doubt learnt already how to distance himself from the players. He was always a student of the game and very tactically aware. That is why guys like Paulinho, Capoue and Stambouli sat on the bench whilst he played.
I seem to remember that Poch was always very complimentary about him.

I hope that he is some what capable for the good of the club even if it is for 7 games.

My fear is that Levy has fallen into this trend of ex players automatically being considered good enough to manager top clubs. eg. Ole, Lampard, Arteta, Gerrard.

I hope that he is some what capable for the good of the club even if it is for 7 games.

My fear is that Levy has fallen into this trend of ex players automatically being considered good enough to manager top clubs. eg. Ole, Lampard, Arteta, Gerrard.

I thought that as well. Jumping on the bandwagon.

Absolutely no chance of that happening, even if we were to win the Carabao Cup and go unbeaten for the rest of the season. The Club has however I believe identified him as somebody with future potential, who they will want to look after in any new structure.

Yep, and all 4 of those have achieved more than Jose in the last 2 or 3 seasons and done it with dignity. I'm assuming that Ryan's remit is 7 league games and a cup final though.

This is the right way for Levy to handle it in my opinion. It's 8 games for the players to show their commitment to our football club without blaming the manager We can get a pretty decent assessment of who's up for it as it is all on them from this point, whoever sat in the manager's chair.

Let's see whether Kane, as an example, will start putting the big shift in again or continues to pace himself for the Euros. Let's see if Son continues to pull out of tackle and headers. Let's see if Ndombele leaves it all out there and starts running the midfield.

Whoever it is is has some honour. With Mason's appointment until season end the new manager obviously doesn't want to leave his existing team in the lurch.

Nagels/'Parks'/Mason/TenH. Arent you sure you mean Tuschel, not Mason? No Tuschel is taking Franks job. Then you mean Rodgers, not Mason? No its Ryan Mason. Hmmmm, this seems fake. Nope. Might be brilliant. Might be stupid as fuk, but yes, might not be. Interesting list. Oh, wait if someone get's hired off it.... I think the German get's it. Put your money on the Dutchman. Hmmmm..... Unless they pay the fee. 🤔

:smoke:

This club is a joke. Ryan Mason as an interim manager is absolutely shameful. Proves only one thing, Danny Boy did this in the heat of the moment without a Plan B.

Well, every German coach wants the job at Bayern, doesn't mean they just get it when it comes available. sometimes the coach is under contract to another team. Other times, beleive it or not, but the coach may choose to not go there yet, in the interests of a new a different challenge somewhere else.

Not sure what financial constraints you are referring to, there was just a big announcement about hundreds of millions coming into the club. Do you think this guy would cost alot? In what way? I can guarantee he won't be given the 2nd highest club manager salary in the world.

I think he'd be an interesting choice, not saying I think he will be the choice tho. Anything could happen!
Of course there's no guarantee he'll get the job but he's looking the most likely.

We don't know who will be appointed yet however if it's a big player they aren't going to come cheap.

Looking at our financial position (stadium debt, bank loan, covid, etc, etc) & looking at how prudent Levy has been in the markets i'd almost guarantee we'll not be spending large sums on 1st team replacements anytime soon.

The more I read about Nagelsmann the more I think he would be a perfect fit for our club. I thought his age might be a problem but he has had excellent experience so far.

With experienced managers like Jose you sort of know what you're getting. With inexperience there's a greater risk of the unknown but you may also unearthing a gem. I'd love the club to go all out to get him.

We know what it takes to be an unsuccessful manager at our club.

I'm still very undecided what it take to be successful though. I'm not even sure we've defined what success means at Spurs.

If Nagelsmann came in, I think he needs to be very careful about Levy's vision and set some realistic expectations. He's not a miracle worker.