Who are the candidates for our new manager.. | Page 5 | Vital Football

Who are the candidates for our new manager..

I think the appointment of Ryan as the interim manager is good, why? some will ask....
1st...he knows Spurs and its fans, requirements.
2nd...he knows and has played with, I think its 9 of the 1st team current squad
3rd...he has an experienced ex-manager on his side, Chris Powell.
4th...he has Ledley there with him.

Obviously he has to try and make good out of the shit/mess JM left in his wake.

Ok am not counting my chickens lol! only cockerels! for gods sake we have nothing to lose, so go for it.

Ryan has absolutely nothing to lose, but all to gain, good luck young man.

I think the appointment of Ryan as the interim manager is good, why? some will ask....
1st...he knows Spurs and its fans, requirements.
2nd...he knows and has played with, I think its 9 of the 1st team current squad
3rd...he has an experienced ex-manager on his side, Chris Powell.
4th...he has Ledley there with him.

Obviously he has to try and make good out of the shit/mess JM left in his wake.

Ok am not counting my chickens lol! only cockerels! for gods sake we have nothing to lose, so go for it.

Ryan has absolutely nothing to lose, but all to gain, good luck young man.

What has Mason done to deserve this over Ledley?

King is a legend, has the respect of all the players, remained active in the club in different age groups and was also part of the coaching team over the last year.

King should have been made interim manager, and the reasons he wasn't appointed are beyond me.

Not that I'd give either the main role for next year, but just saying.

King is a legend, has the respect of all the players, remained active in the club in different age groups and was also part of the coaching team over the last year.

King should have been made interim manager, and the reasons he wasn't appointed are beyond me.

I think the simple answer was, he doesn't think he was ready to take it on, all the coaches other than the first team coaches were (I am told) consulted about the short term, as were all the 1st team players.

Players were consulted about the short term and picked their buddy?

The state of this club.

You could look at that way, or you could look at it as the board wanted to have a short term figure everyone could get behind, anyway that's how I prefer to see it.

It was that or welcome back Harry until the end of the season.

My take on it is that Mason wasn't first choice.

The first comm was "Mourinho's gone, Mason's taking training"
The second comm was "Mason is interim manager"

Clearly, if Mason was first choice then there would have been one comm.

I also think that Levy didn't intend to fire Mourinho when they both went into work on Monday. Our game was Friday evening after all.

As for whether King should have been interim over Mason. Actually, the guy that was probably unlucky was Chris Powell. He had relevant experience with clubs like Charlton. Wayne Burnett, the U23 manager, another with more experience than those two "youngsters".

I also think that King was a little internalised into the Mourinho way of setting these guys up to play. Mason wasn't burdened with that.

Oc, in answer to your question, I have no bloody idea, maybe it was thought that Ryan had a bit more experience, but then again I could be talking shit lol!

Oc, in answer to your question, I have no bloody idea, maybe it was thought that Ryan had a bit more experience, but then again I could be talking shit lol!

Ledley has by far the far the most playing experience on our coaching staff, but if he thinks he wasn't ready, he wasn't ready - let's not forget we've been trying to get him to join our coaching staff for years and it's only latterly that he could be convinced - methinks he has a career plan and he intends to stick to it, and that may well not be a no.1 for sometime.. we have to respect his choice.

Being a good coach has very little to do with how great of a player you were, and much more to do with your personality and what drives you to succeed. you really need to thrive a bit on a certain kind of pressure, and its not the same as for a player.

Mason is unique in that he's in a spot at 29 where he is welcoming this massive challenge, and man Im tellin you, there's ALOT of pretty damn experienced guys out there that are just astonished and blown away by his composure so far.

Not to mention his first match handling.

He may have just been a really good player, but appears to have the bones of a very very good coach.

Fun stuff!

Irrespective of who was chosen internally to be interim manager, whether it was Mason, King or Powell is pretty incidental, because the position is just that, interim. Even if Ryan goes the rest of the season unbeaten and wins the Carabao it will still be interim, albeit that he will probably have secured a fair chance of being an heir apparent further down the line, if he goes out and gets more experience as a first team coach elsewhere.
Nagelsmann seems to be way out in front amongst potential candidates currently, the speculation will really start however if he chooses to remain in Germany. Our finishing in the final CL qualifying position ahead of Leicester would solve the problem, we'd surely then have a decent chance of getting Rodgers. Getting seven points more than them over the balance of the season, with one game less, looks a pretty unlikely call though.
Bielsa remains for me a strong candidate.

Irrespective of who was chosen internally to be interim manager, whether it was Mason, King or Powell is pretty incidental, because the position is just that, interim. Even if Ryan goes the rest of the season unbeaten and wins the Carabao it will still be interim, albeit that he will probably have secured a fair chance of being an heir apparent further down the line, if he goes out and gets more experience as a first team coach elsewhere.
Nagelsmann seems to be way out in front amongst potential candidates currently, the speculation will really start however if he chooses to remain in Germany. Our finishing in the final CL qualifying position ahead of Leicester would solve the problem, we'd surely then have a decent chance of getting Rodgers. Getting seven points more than them over the balance of the season, with one game less, looks a pretty unlikely call though.
Bielsa remains for me a strong candidate.

Must admit I think Bielsa should be top target. He has the experience and plays the game the right way.

Can't see it happening though. We are going young again.

Above all else I liked Pochettino. He did things with us. When we were drawing or losing late on, he’d bring on a couple of subs and we’d win the game. Jose can never seem to do that. We went to the CL Final and should have beaten ‘Pool. If it wasn’t for that cheating Mane fiddling an early penalty we would had a better attitude. He saw our defenders hand up and kicked the ball up against it.

Who knows Ryan Masons ability as a manager, he’s young and got us a win, just, in his first game. I think Levy’s right if the guy who’s going to be manager isn’t available yet. Ryan is Spurs through and through and looking at him, didn’t flinch when we were losing, he kept his nerve. I applaud him.

For me, I don’t want Benitez, Rodgers, or, as much as I like him, Nuno.
Ancelotti? No. We need a top name who’s proven. I’d even go with Gerrard if I knew how his next year at Rangers would go, even though he’s a former scouser.

Some managers can’t inspire, Harry could. I remember that moment which says it all, Benitez was instructing some guy on the touchline for about 5 minutes, “Do this, do that, blah blah”, all Harry said to our sub on the touch line was “Get on there and run about”. We won the game, the guy made the difference. Better management.