Where will we finish 2023/24 | Page 20 | Vital Football

Where will we finish 2023/24

Finishing league position

• Total voters
Batter Chelsea later and all pretty much done and dusted

Edit: long past bedtime here. Good result hopefully in the morning

Be it fourth or fifth I'll be more than happy. We probably have a greater chance of success in the Europa anyway.

Obviously I want to finish 4th and get that champions league spot. We deserve it and I've a feeling that if we didn't get it lots would treat this season as a disappointment and the media twats would relish painting it that way.

I do sometimes think we aren't quite ready as a squad for the rigors of a champions league campaign though. We've seen how it's affected Newcastle this season, though Unai is a considerably more experienced in European competitions than Howe so we'd hopefully handle the workload better.

Whatever happens now this season has been the best I've witnessed as a season ticket holder of 28 years.

Obviously I want to finish 4th and get that champions league spot. We deserve it and I've a feeling that if we didn't get it lots would treat this season as a disappointment and the media twats would relish painting it that way.

I do sometimes think we aren't quite ready as a squad for the rigors of a champions league campaign though. We've seen how it's affected Newcastle this season, though Unai is a considerably more experienced in European competitions than Howe so we'd hopefully handle the workload better.

Whatever happens now this season has been the best I've witnessed as a season ticket holder of 28 years.
Your spot on when you say Howe hasn’t handled Europe well this year as he lacks the European skills that Emery has. This season in the euro conference will benefit our current players hugely. Have to say I’m not a huge fan of having to baulk out the squad with expensively paid bit part players just due to workload, but needs must. Having Mings and Buendia back will be a big boost to the numbers tho

Not having that it’ll be a good season if we come 5th now. We’re in pole position, having the points on the board, and nothing less than 4th will be successful. Winners don’t think about being runner-up, so seeing this through will show the players that they don’t crumble under pressure - don’t underestimate the importance of this going forward.

Also CL facilitates the recruitment programme, provides additional funding and therefore meets our immediate needs.

We need this :utv:

Not having that it’ll be a good season if we come 5th now. We’re in pole position, having the points on the board, and nothing less than 4th will be successful. Winners don’t think about being runner-up, so seeing this through will show the players that they don’t crumble under pressure - don’t underestimate the importance of this going forward.

Also CL facilitates the recruitment programme, provides additional funding and therefore meets our immediate needs.

We need this :utv:
I agree with what you say. If only our plans weren't hampered by the Fair Play BS. We have the right manager and owners. Our squad is another thing.

I agree with what you say. If only our plans weren't hampered by the Fair Play BS. We have the right manager and owners. Our squad is another thing.
4 very important squad members with long term injuries, a series of nobodies (Chambers, Hause, Coutinho etc) taking wages and places, some bright kids getting invaluable minutes - we’re not that far off having a decent, deep squad.

2-3 key players in the summer will improve the overall levels. Think we can all agree that the targets will be from: a RB, a LB, a DM and an AM. Support striker and Gk will be on the menu and a lot will depend on who we offload, but dependent on how much we bring in from sales, I could see Unai bring in 5-6 (who none of us will have heard of :ROFLMAO:).

I’m not fearing the future with this guy in charge.

In many ways, from a developmental point of view, I would be happy with 5th and the Europa but due to the fact its all about money now we have to get Champions League just to keep up.

At this point, needing one win to get CL, I'd be very disappointed if we couldn't drag it over the line.

It would still be a huge achievement. This time last year we were competing with Brighton and Brentford. Now we are competing with Spurs and Utd. Still, it's basically in the bag and to let it slip from here would be terrible.

Anyway, we aren't letting it slip. We are going to hammer Olympiacos and Brighton and get this shit done. We are Unai's Aston Villa. :utv:

Last edited: