Where do you sit at the lane? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Where do you sit at the lane?

Pavillion with my dear old Dad to start with. Back of the Kop for many years to the left of the goal with mates from school and then various football teams I played for. Front of the Kop now just behind the goal to the left.

Each to their own but I've never enjoyed a game at the Lane watching from the side when I've been forced to in pre season friendlies or early round cup games.

As Beighton says there was just something special about being on the Kop in those night matches with the crowd swaying back and forth and sucking the ball into the net. Happy Days.

When I lived in Sheffield always the kop back/middle R/H side looking at the pitch.

Never paid for a ticket after I moved away, always fortunate enough to get a freebie either for the posh seats in the South Stand or John Street or one of the Goldfish Bowls.

My greatest memories are from the years standing on the kop and a neight match was sumat special ......... Park Drives Woodbines Noise and the banter.
And if you stood on the John Street side of the kop, you could also smell the St Bruno and the Wills Whiffs emanating from the posh seats at the back of the terrace.

Started off on the John st terrace and then moved to the kop around half way up and centre just above the passage way.
Only been back once since the seats went in, I can't remember the year but it was a
0-0 draw against the owls and Pressman played the game of his life stopping everything we threw at him.
I'm still there in spirit supporting the Blades from afar.