Where are we all based? n/g | Page 10 | Vital Football

Where are we all based? n/g

Was in Osaka a couple months ago, cracking nightlife!
Been living the dream in sunny Singapore for the past 4 years. Not missing UK much based on the news. (apart from Gills!)

Wow that’s awesome mate! Shame we missed each other, next time you come back to Osaka let me know and we’ll have a blast!

I've met a couple of Gills fans since my 20 years in Japan, mostly people from around and the world who’s dad’s are Gills fans! From Oz and USA to name a couple. Gills fans are everywhere, when needed we flock back in great numbers!😎💫🚀🚀

Been reading this thread with interest and envy as to where you all are in the world! Been going for a while my first game may even have been v Maidstone boxing day, did someone climb up the floodlight that day? I work shifts so don't go as often as I'd like but between my dad, brother, 2 kids, cousin, nephew and blended family we have about 8 season tickets between us so go when one of those can't. Been to Sutton and Brentford away this year and me and 2 kids are going to Colchester along with my brother and his partner. Anyhow mine is all fairly boring live down the hill in Loose Maidstone and that's it!

When I lived just outside Hull the local pub had a converted barn where they showed football, around the top of the barn, which was around 5M high, they hung various football shirts. I gave them a Gillingham shirt and the landlady offered a free pint to anybody who could name the club. Needless to say nobody won.

There's a restaurant in Woodford (Essex) that I gave a Gills shirt to, fairly insignificant compared to the england shirts signed by Teddy Sheringham!

Been reading this thread with interest and envy as to where you all are in the world! Been going for a while my first game may even have been v Maidstone boxing day, did someone climb up the floodlight that day? I work shifts so don't go as often as I'd like but between my dad, brother, 2 kids, cousin, nephew and blended family we have about 8 season tickets between us so go when one of those can't. Been to Sutton and Brentford away this year and me and 2 kids are going to Colchester along with my brother and his partner. Anyhow mine is all fairly boring live down the hill in Loose Maidstone and that's it!

I remember someone climbing the floodlights years ago at the townend when we played Fulham and the OB going up after him until he went up too high & they gave up with him. Prob a Fulham fan as people were shouting ''Jump you fucker.''
Them Fulham fans will do anything to get a free lightbulb.

Wouldn't surprise me if we knew each other, I was brought up in Loose and lived in Church Street for 25 years!

Greetings Vital Gills. I have been a follower of this forum for some years so I thought I would sign up to make make an honest man of myself. Brief life history-
Born in Ilford and moved around London and HC until locating in Gillingham aged 15 when I attended my first Gills match in 1963 (Oldham which we won 2-0. I think Brian Yeo got both) Attended GGS (hence my handle) in the 6th form. After uni in Manchester, back down to Medway, and taught at the Math for 4 years. Work then took me away and I moved to Essex where I still live. I remember taking my son to his first match(forget who) when he was 6 (he did ask me why the two blokes behind us in the old GS kept on swearing). We had season tickets for several seasons in the Championship before my boy went off to Birmingham to study (he got quite friendly with Steve Bruce one Saturday night in a coffee bar!)
Since then a more spasmodic attender but have always followed Gills progress in the 60 years since that first match. Looks like exciting times ahead for once-the Gills with some dosh!

Greetings Vital Gills. I have been a follower of this forum for some years so I thought I would sign up to make make an honest man of myself. Brief life history-
Born in Ilford and moved around London and HC until locating in Gillingham aged 15 when I attended my first Gills match in 1963 (Oldham which we won 2-0. I think Brian Yeo got both) Attended GGS (hence my handle) in the 6th form. After uni in Manchester, back down to Medway, and taught at the Math for 4 years. Work then took me away and I moved to Essex where I still live. I remember taking my son to his first match(forget who) when he was 6 (he did ask me why the two blokes behind us in the old GS kept on swearing). We had season tickets for several seasons in the Championship before my boy went off to Birmingham to study (he got quite friendly with Steve Bruce one Saturday night in a coffee bar!)
Since then a more spasmodic attender but have always followed Gills progress in the 60 years since that first match. Looks like exciting times ahead for once-the Gills with some dosh!

Ever play for the rugby, hockey or cricket teams?