What's the highest-scoring match you have watched live? | Page 3 | Vital Football

What's the highest-scoring match you have watched live?

What a shame Alec Jeffrey couldn't be arsed to play or was just past it when he played for us. Don't think we have ever had a more talented player!!! ( Just my opinion of course)😁

Dont think he ever got over his broken leg at Donny, today he would have stood more chance of a better recovery. We saw very brief glimpses of his past talent but it didn't work out for him or us.

I reffed a Sunday league game this season that finished 18-3 from memory, the team that got 18 actually thought I 'cheated' them out of 2 goals!

29th September 1951. Lincoln 11 Crewe 1. I was 14 years old. I was with my brother and his mate under the railway end shelter.[now stacey west]. Andy graver got six and folklore had it that he shouldn't really have played that day because he had a heavy cold. What a player. One exciting day!

When I was a kid my team lost 22-0 many years ago in Scunny and I played a watching brief for most of it on the wing. A few weeks later, though, we had a rematch at our place with some of our best players back and we beat them 5-4. Their coach was not pleased to put it mildly.

When I was a kid my team lost 22-0 many years ago in Scunny and I played a watching brief for most of it on the wing. A few weeks later, though, we had a rematch at our place with some of our best players back and we beat them 5-4. Their coach was not pleased to put it mildly.

I was the keeper when our Robert Patt team got humped 13-1 by Yarborough. The second fixture at our place we did much better, only getting done 7-1

Chelsea 5 West Ham 5 . The best game i have seen live . December 1966

Also sad in a way as today Peter Bonetti passed away (not covid 19) , fondly remembered as "the cat" by all at Chelsea .

Last edited:
I was going to say the 9-0 v Bournemouth and the 76/77 5-4 v Northampton but I've suddenly remembered the friendly v Tulsa Roughnecks. I was thinking 8-2, but Google is giving me 9-2, either way it's the winner

On a side note I remember keeping the press cutting from one of the national papers saying "Harry's bells of doom". Mind you despite this been his first game as a manager, he didn't do too badly for himself.

When we were in the West Lindsey League we (Wildlife Wanderers) played a cup game against 'The Ancient Order Of The Orangery', we won 29-0