What's the highest-scoring match you have watched live? | Vital Football

What's the highest-scoring match you have watched live?

Excluding friendlies or including penalty shoot-outs, quite a few with aggregate of 9 or 8 with some being sheer luck whilst ground-hopping when no Imps game
1586605922463.png

A 21-0 at a Welsh non-league game.

I ended up being the official tally keeper as ref had lost count !

This had come just after a 15-0 result also in Welsh non-league. So 36 goals in 2 consecutive games that I went to.

Was at the Bournemouth game. Sat in the bottom corner of the South Park stand chatting throughout to a Bournemouth fan.
We both knew that given another year the boot could have been on the other foot and we’d have had the hiding.
Can’t find the word, is it realist?
Nice feller

Imps 4 Grimsby 4
Imps 8 Northampton 0

Monson United 20 Burton 1 (Lincoln Sunday league, c1969)

Bottom of the table Burton kicked off with only 7 men (9 men by half time), but amazingly took a first-minute lead. Dave "Ginner" Adkin scored 8 for Monsons but should have had many more

Lincoln 9-0 Bournemouth
Lincoln 5-3 Ipswich

Chelsea 8-0 Aston Villa and Chelsea missed a penalty.
Chelsea 8-0 Wigan

Lincoln 5 Ipswich 3
Previous to that, Basford 4 Lincoln 3 (cue very pissed off non-Imps supporting friend who missed that Brazil-Germany game on at the same time...more fool him for being convinced to come along to bloody Basford!)

Lincoln 4 York 5 for me too.

Bonkers game in high winds, 4-4 at HT then York nicked it late. Some spindly young lad called John Ward ( debut? ) scored 1 or 2, looked promising, whatever became of him?

Bournemouth, then Northampton; was also at Sheffield Wednesday 7 Oxford 1 in a First Division game in the 1980s, Wednesday 4 Chelsea 4 in a League Cup quarter-final, Lincoln 6 Carlisle 2, and Lincoln 5 Kidderminster 3 in 1987. There are probably more, but my brain doesn't work very well these days.

For a Lincoln game it was the 9-0 against Bournemouth.
But I was at Alex Ferguson's last match as Man Utd manager, the 5-5 draw at West Brom so that tops it by a goal