Whatmough new contract3 | Vital Football

Whatmough new contract3

Talal tweeted 3 pens then deleted it apparently. So looks like 3 contract extensions with Whatmough being the first.

Looking at who's out of contract:

Amos
Jones
Darikwa
Nyambe
Caulker
Hughes (not sure)
Tilt
Bennett
McLean
Power
Smith
Cousins
Edwards
Keane

We probably have an option to trigger 1 year renewals on all of them as they were all only 1 - 2 year deals initially and that seems standard in football these days. We probably had that option on Whatmough too but opted to tie him down long term so I'd guess if there are another 2 contract extensions to announce they won't be triggered 12 month extensions but new multi year deals.

I fully expect Hughes will be getting a new deal, which potentially leaves one other from the list which I think would be most likely Keane or Power. But that obviously doesn't mean we'll not keep any of the others and if we do have trigger clauses may do that for a few of them at the end of the season depending on how Maloney feels they do for him.

Talal tweeted 3 pens then deleted it apparently. So looks like 3 contract extensions with Whatmough being the first.

Looking at who's out of contract:

Amos
Jones
Darikwa
Nyambe
Caulker
Hughes (not sure)
Tilt
Bennett
McLean
Power
Smith
Cousins
Edwards
Keane

I've yet to see Smith. As I said in my post just now, tie Hughes down preferably on a longer term contract.

As for the rest, I'd keep one of the GK's as back up. It also depends what league we are in next season. If its the championship, looks like another rebuild will be on the cards. If its L1, I'd definitely offer contracts to the likes of Power, Keane, Tilt, Cousins, Caulker - If he wishes to stay. But, I would only offer the above an extended one year deal, just incase we managed to win promotion back to the championship at the first attempt.

I've yet to see Smith. As I said in my post just now, tie Hughes down preferably on a longer term contract.

As for the rest, I'd keep one of the GK's as back up. It also depends what league we are in next season. If its the championship, looks like another rebuild will be on the cards. If its L1, I'd definitely offer contracts to the likes of Power, Keane, Tilt, Cousins, Caulker - If he wishes to stay. But, I would only offer the above an extended one year deal, just incase we managed to win promotion back to the championship at the first attempt.

I think a few on the out of contract list are obviously going to be released, I think a number of the rest of them have a chance of an extension depending on how they perform for Maloney. As you say what league we are in will play a factor and also the budget, we paid well for L1 last time and I strongly suspect if we go down we will cut back a fair bit so Maloney may have to sacrifice players he's reasonably happy with to give him a chance to sign anyone new.

Greedy Judas get. Despicable individual. Can't think I've seen any couches around Euxton training ground.
Love to see the Hemmings pull the plug.

Lots of things that as happened to this club recently, a club we all support seem so unfair and unjust. Dodgy owners, administration, point deductions, losing talented young players for a song, first class training facility also sold for a fraction of their value. The list goes on and on.

But now in my opinion this latest episode of punishment (players free to leave as they wish) is the knife being twisted in the most cruel of ways.

All the things we have been punished for and still being punished for, are due to bad management. Owners who had no feelings, followed by owners who had no sense. And it as to be said, "all done under the so-called scrutiny of the EFL".

All the things found guilty of since the days of admin, not one of those things was meant to give the club any advantage over others, on the contrary, more of a disadvantage. Even though i "grudgingly" accept a line has to be drawn, and some punishment given.

But to meter out more punishment for the non-payment of wages by owners now a distant memory is a kick in the guts to every Latics supporter. All outstanding wages have been settled by the new owners. Most players seem happy with the situation but not all. And to those players who have chosen to leave, because of no other reason other than greed and because you could, then i wish you no luck whatsoever with your new club.

"Yes I mean you most of all Jack Whatmough "

Lots of things that as happened to this club recently, a club we all support seem so unfair and unjust. Dodgy owners, administration, point deductions, losing talented young players for a song, first class training facility also sold for a fraction of their value. The list goes on and on.

But now in my opinion this latest episode of punishment (players free to leave as they wish) is the knife being twisted in the most cruel of ways.

All the things we have been punished for and still being punished for, are due to bad management. Owners who had no feelings, followed by owners who had no sense. And it as to be said, "all done under the so-called scrutiny of the EFL".

All the things found guilty of since the days of admin, not one of those things was meant to give the club any advantage over others, on the contrary, more of a disadvantage. Even though i "grudgingly" accept a line has to be drawn, and some punishment given.

But to meter out more punishment for the non-payment of wages by owners now a distant memory is a kick in the guts to every Latics supporter. All outstanding wages have been settled by the new owners. Most players seem happy with the situation but not all. And to those players who have chosen to leave, because of no other reason other than greed and because you could, then i wish you no luck whatsoever with your new club.

"Yes I mean you most of all Jack Whatmough "

It's punishing the victim for the perpetrators crime. Now the c---- who nearly killed us sail off into the sunset leaving us to pay for their sins. It stinks.

Reactions: GSM
Thought and said this could happen at season start. Confidence for the team will be high now, and the longer it goes on the better they will become. Win on Tuesday at Wrexham and then next Sat at home. We only need one more win to be on a positive 1point. Then onwards and upwards. Up the Tics

Thought and said this could happen at season start. Confidence for the team will be high now, and the longer it goes on the better they will become. Win on Tuesday at Wrexham and then next Sat at home. We only need one more win to be on a positive 1point. Then onwards and upwards. Up the Tics
Wrexham's in the cup Taff ... they're league 2.