What was the last film you watched | Page 272 | Vital Football

What was the last film you watched

Watched Gravity last week.

Thought it was really well made, and a pretty decent film, but Sandra Bullock's character did get on my tits quite a lot.

Ok love, you're in space and things are going tits up but stop your whining please!

Saurat - 24/3/2014 13:54

'Ida' a Polish film by Pawel Pawlikowski. Best film I've seen so far this year.

But you'd hate it.

Don't you ever watch anything with black people in? :2:

The Fear - 25/3/2014 09:00

Saurat - 24/3/2014 13:54

But you'd hate it.

Don't you ever watch anything with black people in? :2:

Plenty, usually involving milfs! :11:

Saurat - 24/3/2014 14:54

But you'd hate it.

We had a guy working for us called Pawel Pawlikowski. He no longer works for us but I somehow doubt it was the same person.

Lone Survivor, starring Mark Wahlberg. True story from the conflict in Afghanistan. Good film and the credits at the end brings it home too......

The Legend Of Hercules starring Scott Atkins.

Quite good actually, though not heard of any of the actors /actresses. You'd expect it to be a B movie, but the special effects made it more than that.

Lone Survivor ****
Mark Wahlberg, Ben Foster, Taylor Kitsch, Emile Hirsch, Eric Bana
Based on the true story of a four man Navy Seals recon scout team that were ambushed in the Afghanistan mountains during 'Operation Red Wings'. As Pride of Lions suggests, solid film.

Anchorman 2

Panned by the critics I was expecting the worst, so I was pleasantly surprised. Of course it isn't as good as the original, but still a fair number of laughs.

Hunger Games - Catching Fire, 7/10 enjoyed it, it's not the greatest film saga ever told(yes I know it's based on books), but it throws in new ideas, and keeps you entertained enough to want to watch the next one.

Dead Man Down - Average film, Farrells good, as always, as a Hungarian man wronged by events, putting them right with bullets, enough going on not to turn off - 5/10

Noomi Rapace doing a great job of acting badly in everything since the Dragon Girl trilogy, she tries too hard!

Stand Up Guys... Pacino and Walkin. Loved it, great fun.

Whole Lotta Soul... Another I really enjoyed. The black actress in it is a stunner.

i watched catching fire too last night. underwhelmed and not much action. was expecting way better. not helped by numerous weak actors

Cléo de 5 a 7 (1962)

Classic Agnes Varda film about a young beautiful Parisian woman who goes for a cancer scan, then we follow her for two hours while she waits for the results. It's very....French.

You'd hate it.

The Grand Budapest Hotel

A lot of glowing reviews of this Wes Anderson film but I found it a bit too concocted and confected for my taste, like OD'ing on sweets and cake.

Remake of 'Evil Dead' - very mean spirited (pun intended) and certainly lacks the jet black humour of the original. Both me and Mrs. 4Pope enjoyed it though - above average gore-fest.

McGrath4Pope - 8/4/2014 09:57

Remake of 'Evil Dead' - very mean spirited (pun intended) and certainly lacks the jet black humour of the original. Both me and Mrs. 4Pope enjoyed it though - above average gore-fest.

The Evil Dead is one of my top ten favourite films. Its a classic. I wouldn't even think about watching a remake of it! How dare they!