What was the last film you watched | Page 562 | Vital Football

What was the last film you watched

Okay I will admit, Top Gun Maverick was not as bad as I thought it would be. I enjoyed it, but was left massively disappointed.

I enjoyed it as a watch and I enjoyed the fact I didn't pay per se, but it has been a while since I saw such a clunky and forced script designed to get to an outcome that was not the natural end point to the plot.

For me, it should've been 200% better, and as I watched the film the original script should've stood before maybe one actor/producer politely asked for changes or the studio insisted someone should be the star for ticket sales.

It could've rebooted Top Gun into a future franchise with new players - it didn't.

Last edited:
Safe - It's a Jason Statham action film from the glory days of Jason Statham action films. Good old Jason takes on the Russian mafia, the Chinese mafia and NYPD single handedly and wins. You might be surprised to learn that he didn't win an oscar for it. It's not really good but it's fun. 7/10

Dune 2 - Went to the cinema yesterday to watch it. It's very long. I watched Dune over two nights at home. Kinda wish I'd been able to do the same with this. It's much darker than the first one. I was expecting it to resolve the story but it didn't. I guess I have to wait for Dune 3. 7/10

Poor Things.

2 and a half hours of Emma Stone masturbating, having sex and showing her boobies..... 🤤🤤🤤

Think there was some kind of story line too... Not sure.

Well worthy of all the Oscar's it won just for the above though. 12 out of 10.

In The Land of Saints and Sinners

Liam Neeson action thriller, but this time it's 70's Ireland and he's taking on the IRA. Also has Ciaran Hinds, Kerry Condon and Jack Gleeson, aka Joffrey from Game of Thrones who I thought had retired from acting.

Good movie, really enjoyed it. 8.5/10
My father in law was telling me about this at the weekend as it's partly filmed in his hometown and surrounding area. You've reminded and encouraged me to watch it.

I went to see the Ghostbusters last week with the kids. Thought it was really good, probably the best of them all. James Acaster plays a good role.

My father in law was telling me about this at the weekend as it's partly filmed in his hometown and surrounding area. You've reminded and encouraged me to watch it.

I went to see the Ghostbusters last week with the kids. Thought it was really good, probably the best of them all. James Acaster plays a good role.

Nice, I think it was filmed in Donegal, it was definitely set there anyway. Beautiful scenery.

Took Buddy last week. Think I liked it more than him. Decent.

Just watched SCOOP the story of how the Interview with Ponce Andrew was set up by News Night BBC.
Enjoyed it, well acted.

Dune.

Not really done much Sci fi apart from Star Wars . Liked it alot. Very well done.

Looking forward to seeing part 2.

Guy Ritchies' The Covenant

Yes, that's it's proper title. It's set in the Afghanistan war where a local interpreter carries an injured sergeant across miles of Taliban infested terrain. Stars Jake Gyllenhall. Intense movie.

8/10

Damsel on Netflix. If I had better things to do, I would have probably passed. All decent, nothing wrong with it, just didn't grab me.

We're going to be booking up Orlando for next year soon, so we've drawn up a list of over 70 Disney/Universal films to watch before we go.

Already done these over the past couple of weeks -

Pinnochio (original)
Pinnochio (Tom Hanks)
Pinnochio (Dave Bradley)
Beauty & The Beast
A Bug's Life
Toy Story
Transformers
Transformers 2
Pirates Of The Carribean
Tron
Jurassic Park

Better slow down. We'll be done by August at this rate.

Since I heard about '28 Years Later' the other day and that Cillian Murphy was going to be in it, I went and watched '28 Days Later' again.

It's a great movie, but it's shot in a weird way, I think it was all digital, the version I have is a 1080p Blu-Ray rip but looks like one of those dodgy cam rips, until the end where it was shot on film and looks far better. I know it was intentional but most of the movie looks pirated, unless there are better prints out there.

Anyway, think I'll watch '28 Weeks Later' tonight, as I've only seen it once.

Ali.

Will Smith plays the legendary boxer.

Didn’t really like it. Bit self indulgent and if Ali was arse in real life then Will Smith succeeded in playing him as one.